The Leeds United Thread

Argentina, for 6 years he had superb squad with Simeone, Zanetti, Batitusta, Crespo, Veron, and done fuckall with them.

That goes for all top managers mate.

The two current best in World football, Klopp and Guardiola, wouldn't have the success they've had if they hadn't gotten that same trust and respect from the players to fully buy in to what they do.

No coincidence that all 3 get even the deepest squad player who might only play a handful of games to fully believe in the respective projects to work their behinds off physically and mentally to absurd levels day in, day out.

Theoretically looking who is best depends so much on person perspective and vision of what is best. I understand the points that people bring that he is not one of the best because titles matter in the big picture and that's what the common majority folk will remember and see first.
But Bielsa is different kind of person and manager. The theory and logic how he sees football to process this onto the pitch is completely different from others. With his ideas and methods he is one of the best. You could say he needs players to believe in him and work with his tactics like Pep etc. But he has not done so big changes into Leeds team and he has elevated almost each of them. Culture, vision of the club, players and Bielsa match so much that everyone are ready to step up. You dont see this often in clubs.
Players and managers who say how much he has impacted their path tells you how much he has meant for football.

And he really gives 0 ***** about stupid rumours, media, promises etc. Thats why we have not seen him on bigger clubs, the transparency and aligned football vision comes from top to bottom and Bielsa love it here in Leeds. The clubs has grown so much with him and I think he has also with us. Definitely he has changed a bit and sees places where he might need to step back and make changes tacticaly what he would never do before, also you never can go against is honesty and trust. When he left Chile position after Segovia was elected or in Lazio he left after two days being in the position and saw false promises they gave him to sing up.

Argentina, for 6 years he had superb squad with Simeone, Zanetti, Batitusta, Crespo, Veron, and done fuckall with them.
But he was also flying with them. WC stage was unfortunate failure.
Good read if you have time.

Also under big clubs i would say Chile and Bilbao.

Surprised he’s not had a big club
Because singing manager for one year contract is not a way many clubs roll :D
And giving away so much controll and trust into a manager. It is hard fit to make.

Theoretically looking who is best depends so much on person perspective and vision of what is best. I understand the points that people bring that he is not one of the best because titles matter in the big picture and that's what the common majority folk will remember and see first. .....

Although silverware is a big part in separating greatness, those that judge on that alone (and many madly do. The same way they ridiculously judge greatness in players n the ultimate TEAM sport on what they win), are doing it TOTALLY wrong.

By the same token, you could make a legit, pertinent argument that Guardiola has failed miserably at both Munich and City as he hasn’t won the one thing he was ultimately brought into win. Domestic success is a given at both clubs. It’s the European Cup that they want above anything else and why he’s ultimately hired on the mega bucks he is.

But you won’t find many saying Pep’s a failure.

Trophy’s are an important factor.

But they are only one facet that makes up a great coach.

But he was also flying with them. WC stage was unfortunate failure.
Good read if you have time.

But when it mattered they failed, nobody will remember in 20 years if they were good in qualifiers and the friendlies. Sort of like the great Czech team from early 2000s who were unstoppable at some point but were unlucky to hit their peak inbetween major tournaments and won nothing in the end.

But when it mattered they failed, nobody will remember in 20 years if they were good in qualifiers and the friendlies. Sort of like the great Czech team from early 2000s who were unstoppable at some point but were unlucky to hit their peak inbetween major tournaments and won nothing in the end.
Or like England which peaked in 66.

No doubt in that. Just wanted to bring out they where flying high before the collapse in WC. The players where let down also

Bielsa coaching u11. He cant stop doing what he loves.
1623142771123.png

"Listen here little Timmy, you need to spill guts for you team, your need to spill blood for your team, you need to DIE for your team!"

"But senior Bielsa I'm only 10 years old".

Never heard of him but there you go-

Wont really take into account rumour if they dont come from known Leeds sources. Been burned to many times, even from them :D Any lads for future are always welcomed, there are some amazing picks in our u23 team.

Some good news from chief Angus Kinnear from latest talk(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09lmc27):

We're all really confident. Marcelo decided not return back to Argentina this summer, some of his coaching staff have. He wanted to stay at Elland Road, he wanted to prepare, he wanted to work with Victor [Orta] and I [Angus Kinnear] on the transfer window and, much to our training ground director's delight, he wanted to stay to oversee see the training ground works that are taking place. So I have no doubt as to his commitment and as normal with Marcelo, putting pen to paper he sees as an irrelevance - it's really emotionally and psychologically where he is and he is certainly very much with Leeds United for the next season.
We agreed the terms several weeks ago, several months ago perhaps, and really the measure that we use within the club is 'is he engaged? is he working on next season?' - he is; he's being incredibly diligent - I'm not sure there's any other manager in the Premier League who is taking no time off and not leaving the training ground. That shows his commitment. So I'm treating the contract as a formality.

Btw if people did not know. Bielsa is very well paid coach and remember at first there was a bit anger how much he gets. But he is probably the only manager who pays his backroom staff from his own pocket. So his salary is combination of his and staff he brings on.

Never heard of him but there you go-

Wont really take into account rumour if they dont come from known Leeds sources. Been burned to many times, even from them :D Any lads for future are always welcomed, there are some amazing picks in our u23 team. .....

Seems legit rumors coming in that he is one of the main targets and hopefully done deal any time. Like the prospect he brings, most that he seems in very good fitness and strong that we really need more. Has potential to play in LB and LWB, so a bit more attack threat. Price seems fine also around 15mil, as there is untapped potential to be unleashed by Bielsa. Most important is him to believe in the project and team, then he will be succeed. We really needed LB even if Aliosky should renew contract.

Good news, another one to the u23. Seems very promising and we got him very cheap also as he is out of contract. 250k and can rise up to 1.5mil.

Our u23 is coming in nicely with different age group that can be inserted to first team at different times. I hope we wont buy other striker and take Greenwood or Gelhardt for back up striker to Bammy, they both need to start playing for first team.