The Leeds United Thread

Jak

Reaction score
I was starting to think these were reserved for Premier League teams until I saw Nottingham Forest had one so the 'mighty' Leeds deserve one too! I don't care if I'm the only Leeds fan on here....

Leeds United official website
Stadium: Elland Road (Capacity 39,460)
Nicknames: The Whites, United, The Peacocks
Founded: 1919 (Predecessor, Leeds City, founded 1904)
Owners: Ken Bates
Chairman: Ken Bates
Manager: Simon Grayson
Legends: Don Revie, Billy Bremner, John Charles, Lucas Radebe
Icons: Eddie Gray, David Batty, Gordan Strachan, Peter Lorimer, Nigel Martyn, Howard Wilkinson, Gary McAllister
Fierce Rivals: Man Utd, Chelsea, Galatasaray
Other Rivals: Millwall, Sheffield United, Cardiff City, Bradford City

Club Honours
First Division Wins:
1968–69, 1973–74, 1991–92
FA Cup: 1972
League Cup: 1968
FA Charity Shield: 1969, 1992
Inter-Cities Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup: 1968, 1971

Why Should you support Leeds?
  • We are the best team in Yorkshire (arguably)
  • We have the best history for Yorkshire clubs (Just about)
  • We used to be good until we went into financial meltdown (fun times)
  • We are now a mediocre Championship team (more fun times)
  • We have everybody's favorite guy, Ken 'Santa' Bates, as our chairman (nice bloke, very genuine...)
  • Our striker Luciano Becchio used to play alongside Carlos Tevez (A long, long, long time ago)
  • We have produced some very good English talent (such as Paul Robinson, Jonathon Woodgate, James Milner and more)
  • However we don't even own our training facilities or our stadium (classy)
  • That yellow I used in the title is beautiful (it hurts my eyes too)
  • I will be adding more of these when I think of them (excitement)

If they were not enough to convince you then perhaps the fact Hitler supports Leeds will convince you...​

[video=youtube;uNkELh1wvlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkELh1wvlg&feature=related[/video]

Feel free to discuss anything Leeds related and please don't turn this into a 'We hate Leeds' thread (we know you are just jealous of our might Championship standing)​

Last edited:
Nice OP and lol at the Hitler Vid.

Think you will be be mid table this year, you could aim for playoffs though :)

Last edited:
Nice OP and lol at the Hitler Vid.

Think you will be be mid table this year, you could aim for playoffs though :)

Not a good start to the season and selling Gradel with no replacement is just taking the **** from Bates (the player wanted to leave but we gotta invest in a new good player, we can't just get a loan or free unless they're awesome). Play offs at the very best this year but i'm predicting mid table really :/

Best Atmosphere in the league i seem to recall after the Cup Replay we had. :)

Yeah you were unlucky, went nuts when Cesc scored the pen lol :p

I felt sorry for Parker :/ haha going nuts for equalising with a penalty in the last minute at home to a Championship team..... :p

I felt sorry for Parker :/ haha going nuts for equalising with a penalty in the last minute at home to a Championship team..... :p

Stupid FA Cup and its (near) giant-killing ;)

looking forward to elland road, prefer the cricket roses rivalry though tbh :)

All Leeds UTD are for the last few seasons is funding for Ken Bates holidays, do you ever see any of the cash you get for your players?

(H)

All Leeds UTD are for the last few seasons is funding for Ken Bates holidays, do you ever see any of the cash you get for your players?

(H)

Post 14 and we have our first slightly trolling comment. Unfortunately it's true. The money is more being used to pay for his yachts in Monaco really ;)

Post 14 and we have our first slightly trolling comment. Unfortunately it's true. The money is more being used to pay for his yachts in Monaco really ;)

Sorry mate, i had to. i live in Leeds and its all i ever hear, ken bates this and ken bates that..

Cant say i'm liking how things are looking right now for Leeds, Losing Gradel is a big loss for us and we got around 1.7 million for him after we payed some to Leicester, Interesting how before the game with West Ham Grayson said they would need to triple the offer of 2.5 million for his services yet we end up with less than that.Sure he handed in a transfer request which does'nt help matters but i honestly think the plan was to cash in on him regardless as we're not known for handing contracts to players, We lost Kasper for exactly the same reason.

The team is much weaker than last season, Clayton has come in and looks promising but Brown i'm less that happy with and Johnson/Kilkenny were better than the pair of them.No strengthening at the back apart from O'Dea who i cant judge as one player does'nt make a defence and the rest are poor, As for the two keepers neither are of the standard of Kasper.

Becchio coming back will be a good boost atleast but we're still weaker in attack which was our saving grace last season, Without Gradel we're weaker as Sam is'nt good enough although Nunez should get more starts now, No Somma for awhile, Keogh is ok but Becchio is needed back i think.The saddest news though is despite being told he could hold talks with clubs we have managed to keep hold of Billy Paynter, Would rather we kept Grella and let Paynter go personally but oh well.

Depending on loans i think a top 10 finish is the best we should be aiming for this season, You would have thought after last season we would improve the team and push for promotion but with the loss of 4 first team players and no real replacements we will struggle for a play off place.

The only think that i was suprised about is we did'nt accept a bid for Snodgrass on deadline day, I'm sure had one been made though Bates would have had no problem offloading him too.

Cant say i'm liking how things are looking right now for Leeds, Losing Gradel is a big loss for us and we got around 1.7 million for him after we payed some to Leicester, Interesting how before the game with West Ham Grayson said they would need to triple the offer of 2.5 million for his services yet we end up with less than that.Sure he handed in a transfer request which does'nt help matters but i honestly think the plan was to cash in on him regardless as we're not known for handing contracts to players, We lost Kasper for exactly the same reason.

The team is much weaker than last season, Clayton has come in and looks promising but Brown i'm less that happy with and Johnson/Kilkenny were better than the pair of them.No strengthening at the back apart from O'Dea who i cant judge as one player does'nt make a defence and the rest are poor, As for the two keepers neither are of the standard of Kasper.

Becchio coming back will be a good boost atleast but we're still weaker in attack which was our saving grace last season, Without Gradel we're weaker as Sam is'nt good enough although Nunez should get more starts now, No Somma for awhile, Keogh is ok but Becchio is needed back i think.The saddest news though is despite being told he could hold talks with clubs we have managed to keep hold of Billy Paynter, Would rather we kept Grella and let Paynter go personally but oh well.

Depending on loans i think a top 10 finish is the best we should be aiming for this season, You would have thought after last season we would improve the team and push for promotion but with the loss of 4 first team players and no real replacements we will struggle for a play off place.

The only think that i was suprised about is we did'nt accept a bid for Snodgrass on deadline day, I'm sure had one been made though Bates would have had no problem offloading him too.

Is there finally another Leeds fan on the forum? :D Well I guess the positive thing is we won't play against Gradel and he won't strengthen our rivals. I can accept the fact he wanted to go back to France as that's where he lived but he said he wanted to play at the highest level. That means he doesn't think we're going to get back there anytime soon, which is probably true, due to the lack of ambition being shown from Bates. He refuses to give our better players even slightly better contracts so they go looking elsewhere where they will get the money they deserve. It's good we're not giving into ridiculous wage demands but sometimes you have to give players better wages to keep them, just keep it within reason. I was happy at the time with Kilkenny and Johnson going as they were really not that good and hoped we would use the wages to replace them but that hasn't happened. Clayton does seem promising so hopefully he improves and so does Brown, who I thought was a solid signing at first. Confused as to why he didn't improve the defence despite it being our weakest position by far. Kasper was a great shot stopper but he didn't control his area too well and his kicking was a bit off. Don't think we're weaker in that position with Lonnergon. Sam was good at the start of last season but got injured and then Gradel excelled, hopefully Sam can play well again. Nunez can they there too which could guarantee him a place in the side. Paynter I guess we need as a target man for when Becchio is injured and we want to play long ball but ye isn't that great (The white Heskey perhaps :p ) Top 10/ play offs is as good as we'll get but realistically I'm looking at mid table. If Snoddy had gone we would have been screwed. Hopefully we get some decent loans/ frees next week to bolster the squad.

Anyone know how close you are to signing Forssell on free? He looked decent playing for Finland last friday. Scored a penalty and was unlucky not to score more.

Anyone know how close you are to signing Forssell on free? He looked decent playing for Finland last friday. Scored a penalty and was unlucky not to score more.

I heard that rumour but doubt it's true. He'll want to big wages for Bates to pay ;)