The Liverpool FC Team FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Tezzz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 180K
Battling through first season at the moment, definitely clearing out staff! Managed to get Tommy Albeck as HOYD but in need of a real solid Assistant Manager, any tips on who to sign? Got most of the coaching staff cleared out and training areas now at a mininum of 4 stars, just need a good Assistant

Battling through first season at the moment, definitely clearing out staff! Managed to get Tommy Albeck as HOYD but in need of a real solid Assistant Manager, any tips on who to sign? Got most of the coaching staff cleared out and training areas now at a mininum of 4 stars, just need a good Assistant

Have you tried Mauro Tassotti? He's a great assman and signed for me at the start of the game. There are other options, like Michael Lindeman, Jaap Stam and Frédéric Bompard - plus you could also offer people like Rodolfo Borrell or Bernhard Peters max wages to see if they accept - but Tassotti should be the first priority.

Quite enjoying my first season - saying that, Sturridge is injured with a cruciate...missed a trick with my transfers, didn't clear out nearly enough nor sign nearly enough however I'm 4th in the league, only 1 league game lost and pretty much out of my CL group.

Tried to recreate a tactic that was similar to Rodgers style last season - I've done it but with only one striker, fast paced counter attack, high pressing etc.

Balotelli is way over powered...blows hot and cold but currently the league top scorer with 11 in November. I bought Berahino as a Sturridge replacement whilst injured and he's done ok.

Decent amount of business planned for the January window but I could do with some more cash....

Feb 2nd season. Utd have won all PL games bar One draw since 1st October including demolishing me at anfield 4-0. Depressing

Feb 2nd season. Utd have won all PL games bar One draw since 1st October including demolishing me at anfield 4-0. Depressing

Yeh they're second on my game in November - due to play them next game.

Who have they signed on your game to make them that strong though? Vertonghen is the only buy I have noticed.

Where are you in the league?

Class stuff this. Could I see your other formations? Do you have a specific formation or tactic for big games/away games? Cheers

Hey Mersk
Thanks for sharing your tactic and thoughts. I was wondering which player instructions you use, also i'm curios how you handle away matches and opponent instructions ?. i've tryed to play with your tactic, i'm just not doing very well against big teams :-/

-Mikkelj

Last edited:
Hey Mersk
Thanks for sharing your tactic and thoughts. I was wondering which player instructions you use, also i'm curios how you handle away matches and opponent instructions ?. i've tryed to play with your tactic, i'm just not doing very well against big teams :-/

-Mikkelj

Player Instructions:
GK: Fewer Risky Passes, Distribute Quickly
CB: None
FB(R/L): Run Wide With Ball, Stay Wider
DM: Shoot Less Often, Pass It Shorter
MC: None
AM(R/L): Mark Tighter (to make them track opposition full backs back at least a little)
AMC: Dribble Less
ST: Shoot More Often

But bear in mind these instructions are for the players I've chosen, they don't translate universally. Same with the tactics in general for that matter. Pogba is such a beast I prefer not to give him individual instructions, but rather let him do his thing. Full backs stay wide to offer width as my wingers are both inside forwards and will cut inside. DM will pass it shorter to minimize the risk of losing the ball. AMC dribble less to focus more on playing spreading passes. ST shoot more often because my strikers have good finishing and long shots.

I have a more defensive tactic I used in the start for difficult (away) games, which is a more standard 4-5-1 (4-1-2-2-1). It focuses more on keeping the shape, less closing down, counter instead of control, and fast-paced direct passing into space to hit back on the counter.

View attachment 329361

Striker is set as Trequartista in this screenshot, but I usually go with Complete Forward (Support) instead of CF(A) because of the lack of an AMC. I suppose a Poacher could work as well, but I haven't really tried it.

I rarely use Opposition Instructions to be honest. The team is so strong now I prefer to focus more on what we can do to hurt the opposition rather than focusing on restricting the opposition hurting us.

Don't mistake my tactic for some magical plug-and-play though. It's just a tactic I made for myself in accordance with how I like my team to play. It's my first time trying an asymmetrical formation, but it worked well, lets me rotate the squad sensibly, and results in attacking football which I like. I doubt I would be playing the same tactic with the starting squad.

Awesome mate, thank you.
I'm not trying to replicate your tactic, just looking for a few guidelines to see if what i'm doing is completely wrong. I've been using OI so far, but haven't realy found it succesful, so i guess i'm gonna give it a run without using OI. Gonna try and use your "defensive" tactic to see if that works out better for me. Could you share the instructions used for the tac as well ? :-)
-Mikkelj

Mersk is right 4-5-1 is definitely the best tactic for Liverpool that I've had so far. Diamond doesn't work for me unfortunately.

Player Instructions:
AM(R/L): Mark Tighter (to make them track opposition full backs back at least a little)

But bear in mind these instructions are for the players I've chosen, they don't translate universally. Same with the tactics in general for that matter. Pogba is such a beast I prefer not to give him individual instructions, but rather let him do his thing. Full backs stay wide to offer width as my wingers are both inside forwards and will cut inside. DM will pass it shorter to minimize the risk of losing the ball. AMC dribble less to focus more on playing spreading passes. ST shoot more often because my strikers have good finishing and long shots.

I have a more defensive tactic I used in the start for difficult (away) games, which is a more standard 4-5-1 (4-1-2-2-1). It focuses more on keeping the shape, less closing down, counter instead of control, and fast-paced direct passing into space to hit back on the counter.

View attachment 704958

Striker is set as Trequartista in this screenshot, but I usually go with Complete Forward (Support) instead of CF(A) because of the lack of an AMC. I suppose a Poacher could work as well, but I haven't really tried it.

I rarely use Opposition Instructions to be honest. The team is so strong now I prefer to focus more on what we can do to hurt the opposition rather than focusing on restricting the opposition hurting us.

Don't mistake my tactic for some magical plug-and-play though. It's just a tactic I made for myself in accordance with how I like my team to play. It's my first time trying an asymmetrical formation, but it worked well, lets me rotate the squad sensibly, and results in attacking football which I like. I doubt I would be playing the same tactic with the starting squad.

With that Team you can use any tactics... Way too boring.

has any one had any look with some of the youngsters at the club my assistant seems to think harry wilson, rossiter, jerome sinclair, jack brimmer and adam phillips all have plenty of potenial im at the start of the second season now.

With that Team you can use any tactics... Way too boring.

I'm not gonna buy bad players just to get a bigger challenge out of it. Of course I'll try to get the best players I can. If I wanted a team of bad players I'd choose another team than Liverpool. The challenge for me is being as dominant as possible, focus on youth and develop players, getting the club to the top in both reputation, money and facilities, and eventually maybe get a new stadium built in my name.

Wouldn't call that boring, but each to his own.

has any one had any look with some of the youngsters at the club my assistant seems to think harry wilson, rossiter, jerome sinclair, jack brimmer and adam phillips all have plenty of potenial im at the start of the second season now.

Yeh the youngsters are quality, couple of the defenders are decent too. Toying with the idea of not spending transfer funds after season 2 and just utilising the youth, feels like a good way to take my save (:

Yeh the youngsters are quality, couple of the defenders are decent too. Toying with the idea of not spending transfer funds after season 2 and just utilising the youth, feels like a good way to take my save (:

thinking of doin that myself would be good to have a team of all home grown players. ive bought alot of the good young talent to like timo horn, dele ali, patrick roberts, ante coric, humam tariq and jesus vellejo

Does anyone is in a future save (2-3 years)?

I would like to know how some of the promising youngsters are improved. Maybe with some screenshots ore thoughts?

I'm in my first season (january) i gave a few youngster some games (+-10). I would like to play them more and more but i'm scared to lose the feeling with the top 4 in future years. For now im stil in 3th place. I think the problem for the next years is that the youngsters like Rossiter, Sinclair, Chirivella, Ibe, Alli and Wisdom are not good enough to replace some older leaving players, for example Leiva, Skrtel, Johnson, Enrique,...

I would like to hear your comments. Is it to dangerous, is it possible, don't sell the olders players and only use the young players as sub and in CAP games?

Player Instructions:

View attachment 704958

Could I see your transfer screen mate? Just captured Tielemans myself!

Not sure how the training overview would've looked with the original staff - I didn't even bother to check, I just browsed through their stats - but it definitely wouldn't have looked as good as this:

View attachment 701928

So all in all, if you're gonna play with Liverpool, I highly recommend considering the following things:
1. Offload deadweight and high earners not justifying their salaries.
2. FIND NEW STAFF!

How did you get the board to let you have so many staff?

Does anyone is in a future save (2-3 years)?

I would like to know how some of the promising youngsters are improved. Maybe with some screenshots ore thoughts?

I'm in my first season (january) i gave a few youngster some games (+-10). I would like to play them more and more but i'm scared to lose the feeling with the top 4 in future years. For now im stil in 3th place. I think the problem for the next years is that the youngsters like Rossiter, Sinclair, Chirivella, Ibe, Alli and Wisdom are not good enough to replace some older leaving players, for example Leiva, Skrtel, Johnson, Enrique,...

I would like to hear your comments. Is it to dangerous, is it possible, don't sell the olders players and only use the young players as sub and in CAP games?

Not worth it. H.Wilson is decent, Branagan and Phillips maybe but as AM's they are hard to develop.

Suso, Can, Markovic, Sterling and Coutinho all become world class though. Origi too
Moreno, Flanagan, Lallana and Sakho are capable of being 20m+ players. Ilori too
Henderson, Balotelli, Sturridge are verging on world class immediately

Worth keeping Gerrard and Johnson for tutoring, particularly Gerrard because of his leadership attributes. He's also handy for free kicks, corners and penalties. Henderson and Lallana are also good tutors.

Ideally sell Mignolet, Lucas, Allen, Enrique, Borini and Toure. Ideal replacements vary but Balanta, Depay and L.Romero would be enough to make it feel like Liverpool is a cheat.

Back