The Liverpool FC Team FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Tezzz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 180K
I'm 4 games in to my first season. Have to say, I'm enjoying 15 more than previous years.

Tried to keep the squad intact and they've been pretty good with points only dropped against Man City away (a 2-2 draw) and also beating Chelsea at home. I gutted the backroom staff and have recruited heavily in that area - the only free spot is for an under 18 manager.

Notable sales are Johnson and Toure (mostly to clear the wage bduget), Suso is out on loan and some of the U21 and U18 no hopers have been moved on. I've bought a few U18 players (including Ould-Chikh and Juninho Bacuna) and, for the first team, Douglas (RB, from Barca B who has been my best player so far, 5.75m) and Sokratis Papastathopoulos (DC from Dortmund, 14m). The DC was in the expectation that Skrtel would be moving to Real Madrid (he didn't agree terms) so he's proving a very expensive backup and I lost out on some other players as a result. No transfer budget left and at the wage cap and I was hoping for someone to come in for Skrtel or Borini (he's OK, but for the money I'd get I could reinforce the squad better). Lucas is unhappy because I wouldn't sell him, even though I didn't actually receive a bid.

One big surprise is that Mignolet has been very good in the first games. I'd really considered selling him (Begovic moved for 8m and I could have had him). I brought in Bogdan Labont for free to provide cover, although I can't shift Jones he's a decent 3rd choice keeper.

Injuries are a concern. Enrique has had 3 different ones before even playing a game. Currently Lambert, Sturridge (broken ankle, 3 months) and Coutinho are injured and Gerrard and Sterling both missed games already

I'm mostly playing a diamond with Gerrard (deputised by Can) at the base and Sterling at the top, with a target man (Balotelli or Lambert) and an advanced striker (Sturridge or Borini) up front. Coutinho has been doing well at the left side of CM as an advanced playmaker alongside Henderson.

For a more attacking formation with the return of Markovic I can sacrifice the DM for an AMR - that led to two goals against Chelsea. My 3rd tactic is a 4-2-3-1 which should allow me more flexibility with the choice of attacking midfielders, but I'm not convinced by any of the strikers playing up front alone.

So I started a Liverpool save on FM15, and as of 1st October, here are the results... I'm 2nd in the PL behind Chelsea after 6 games- losing the 1 against City and winning the other 5 with a GD of +16 right now!
The game against Bayern was an amazing performance from the team, going to the Allianz Arena, and coming back with a clean sheet and a point!
The 1st game was amazing, same for the game against Partizan...
Sturridge & Balotelli have missed most of the games due to injuries!
Sterling has been a revelation, scoring 9 goals (in 7 games & also 2 assists) so far, scoring for fun deployed as a Raumdeuter on left wing, or a winger on the right, or a Poacher in a few games as well!
Suso has also chipped in with some very good performances :)
View attachment 325659

and the following were the transfers I made...
Most of the players I sold were the ones I always tend to sell while playing for Liverpool- players on wages they don't deserve, players who can be sold for a good fee in the 1st window and so on... Henderson I eventually sold for a fee close to $50m as Arsenal were interested, and I needed funds to pull the magical signing of Reus on deadline day! Worth it! He is on $250k a week, with the wage rising to $300k/week after 30 games, also came with a $7.5m signing on fee, and $5m for his agent... Sakai is a reliable wingback on both sides, Peruzzi has been injured so far, but will be my starting RB with Sakai starting LB, Moreno & Flanagan rotating with Manquillo a potent back up! Schar & Reyes are solid covers for CB, Arabi a decent choice for ST, Ayew a sensible choice for CM/AML, Dominguez good enough as a starting CB, Sergi Roberto is on loan for cover in the midfield department, while hoping I can sign him after his loan is over.

View attachment 325658
View attachment 713382View attachment 713379

Last edited:
i just cant get sterling scoreing goals 10 games into my forth season an he has only scored about 30 goals in all comps in 3 and a bit years

markovic is a beast for me at the minute, he complained about no first team football and he scored two in the next game and i just cant take him out now hes bossing it every game nearly

markovic is a beast for me at the minute, he complained about no first team football and he scored two in the next game and i just cant take him out now hes bossing it every game nearly

Funnily enough I've never really tried him and from what I've read on this thread he should be starting!

Funnily enough I've never really tried him and from what I've read on this thread he should be starting!

At the start of the game, he was very good for me, but he's disappointed in the face of competition in more recent seasons.

Best position and role?

He's a natural in all AM positions. I prefer him in the AML as IF (attack), but I've used him as AMR and AMC as well. He performs anyway.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I probably trained him in the AML position in the start of the game. AMR and AMC start off as natural, AML is accomplished if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Great post mersk

Few Qns,how did u manage to get all those players and did u offer johnson/allen etc to clubs or did teams just naturally come in for them!.also my last Q is ive only selected a few leagues and some of the staff you have posted aren't available.

Thanks for your time

It was a pure fluke that i found out hes decent because i had every intention of loaning him out and signing an established star already but when i joined in my friends game liverpool had already wasted £8m on adebayor so had to use him haha

Great post mersk

Few Qns,how did u manage to get all those players and did u offer johnson/allen etc to clubs or did teams just naturally come in for them!.also my last Q is ive only selected a few leagues and some of the staff you have posted aren't available.

Thanks for your time

Most of the transfers were made with instalment fees, otherwise I couldn't afford it. I offered Johnson, Enrique and Allen out for around £15m, and Spurs and Arsenal made bids.

I'm playing with a large database and a lot of leagues loaded, that's why you can't find them. Not much to do about it really.

right attacking midfeild support

markovic is **** for me first season done nothing next season on loan to milan an then sold for 12 million

If he's playing as a support, then he is limited in how far forward he is getting, so he's less likely to be in goal scoring areas. You could either try him as an attack for that role, or an IF attack, that seems to work nicely.

If he's playing as a support, then he is limited in how far forward he is getting, so he's less likely to be in goal scoring areas. You could either try him as an attack for that role, or an IF attack, that seems to work nicely.

yea im probley gonna start another new save with liverpool this be my 3rd time ill try have the both on each wing attacking

yea im probley gonna start another new save with liverpool this be my 3rd time ill try have the both on each wing attacking

I quite liked having Sterling on LW playing either Raumdeuter or IF Attack, with Markovic on the RW, playing either Winger - Support/Attack. I've since added players like Reus, Depay and Roberts to my squad, so I have to juggle them around a lot, but they all seem to perform well.

EDIT: Also test Wilson and Kent when you can, they are potentially decent wingers to support the main two.

Last edited:
Back