The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Am I reading that correctly? Liverpool 4 - 0 Barcelona? Should it not be Barca B or did they play a full strength team??
Bit of both tbh. Pool played well I will say. Looked more upto pace and fitness than Barca. Who have looked hot a miss in pre season. Would not take to much from a friendly though.

I'm not reading too much into the game today, but we will probably win the league this season.

Am I reading that correctly? Liverpool 4 - 0 Barcelona? Should it not be Barca B or did they play a full strength team??

Nearly a full team.

Ter Stegan, Camara, Mascherano, Mathieu, Vidal, Turan, Busquets, D.Suarez, Messi, L.Suarez, Munir

If Liverpool keep Daniel Sturridge fit & firing this season, with Mane, Coutinho & Firimino in support, I see no reason whatsoever why they shouldn't be bang there & in with a sniff. However, keeping Sturridge fit is a big if; the lad is made of glass, and I know Oirigi's decent, but Sturridge has that little touch of class about him... Liverpool badly need him to stay fit imho. Either that, or sign a proven goalscorer with the Benteke funds they're likely to receive.

Not really. Ter Stegen, Camera, Mathieu, Turan, Suarez, Munir are not first teamers. But is a fairly strong team.

by full team i mean those that are available are part of the first team regularly. most of pre-season consists of alot of youngsters and 'B' team players.

this Barca side was still along way ahead of most sides in the world on paper

If Liverpool keep Daniel Sturridge fit & firing this season, with Mane, Coutinho & Firimino in support, I see no reason whatsoever why they shouldn't be bang there & in with a sniff. However, keeping Sturridge fit is a big if; the lad is made of glass, and I know Oirigi's decent, but Sturridge has that little touch of class about him... Liverpool badly need him to stay fit imho. Either that, or sign a proven goalscorer with the Benteke funds they're likely to receive.

I am not that worried regarding Sturridge.

Great to have him, of course, but i really do think we have something potentially special in Origi. Ings is very capable and Firmino has played many games as a '9' in very impressive performances.

I am more worried about the lack of a defensive minded midfielder and defensive injuries/cover

I am not that worried regarding Sturridge.

Great to have him, of course, but i really do think we have something potentially special in Origi. Ings is very capable and Firmino has played many games as a '9' in very impressive performances.

I am more worried about the lack of a defensive minded midfielder and defensive injuries/cover
Kevin Stewart???. The kid has looked excellent every time he has played except probably the Swansea game away. I would rather we used him to replace Lucas in the squad as our defensive mid.

Kevin Stewart???. The kid has looked excellent every time he has played except probably the Swansea game away. I would rather we used him to replace Lucas in the squad as our defensive mid.

Stewart looks a decent young player - but he is never getting in ahead of Henderson, Milner, Grujic, Can, Wijnaldum or maybe even Lallana for a CM spot

personlly, I still think we've failed to sign the two of the three biggest things we needed this summer - a LB and controlling/defensive CM

that's not to say I don't like our transfer business, though. It has been very solid

Sadio Mane is proving to be an excellent signing. Seems perfect for the way Klopp wants to play.

Been very, very impressed so far.

He compliments our attack superbly and adds that much needed pace

Early days but like Miki he's adding vital pace and creativity in wide areas to sides that need it

e58f5db61b0137ebce781a1a9afaa20b.jpg

It always seemed a pointless friendly the day after Barcelona and it is proving so.

It always seemed a pointless friendly the day after Barcelona and it is proving so.

Hey now. This is our first and last European trip this year. Sat here wyling away the evening in 30 plus degree temps makes it totally not pointless haha.

Loved Klopp with the S*n journo yesterday. Apparently they're set to run the Clyne *** tape 'scandal' B/S this week.

Last edited:
Hey now. This is our first and last European trip this year. Sat here wyling away the evening in 30 plus degree temps makes it totally not pointless haha.

Loved Klopp with the S*n journo yesterday. Apparently they're set to run the Clyne *** tape 'scandal' B/S this week.

Purely from a football point of view it was.. From yours i fully agree! haha

No surprise they wait until the season is about to start.

Purely from a football point of view it was.. From yours i fully agree! haha

No surprise they wait until the season is about to start.

Did the same to De Gea right before Euros. Funny how that's disappeared

Back