The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
This ***** better than even the Agent Johnson times.

The Dutch fella's a belter.

'Koeman, Is a Red. Koeman, Koeman Is a Red!'

What are the confirmed dates? Or don't we know yet?

Both legs are surprisingly the Wednesday. (Jan. 11/ 25.). The second leg at home kicks at 8 PM.

Presumably Utd- Hull is on the Tuesdays.

Heck knows what happened to splitting one leg on the Tuesday and one on the Wednesday.

Last edited:
Ahhhh crud. This is a blow to the structure.

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
25m25 minutes ago

Liverpool U23s coach Michael Beale to join São Paulo

13 replies .88 retweets61 likes

Liverpool U23s boss Michael Beale stepping down - will Steven Gerrard fill any vacancy at Kirkby? - Liverpool Echo

Losing an excellent coach and developer of young talent there. Done terrific over the last 4 years and prior at Chelsea.

All the best Bealey. Thanks for the hard work at Kirkby. Can't blame the fella' for both stepping up in his career and experiencing a new Country/ culture in so doing.

On the plus side that leaves a coaching opening for Gerrard to come home now after a rejig with internal promotions. THAT would make me ECSTATIC! Make it so L'pool!

Last edited:
Ahhhh crud. This is a blow to the structure.

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
25m25 minutes ago

Liverpool U23s coach Michael Beale to join São Paulo

13 replies .88 retweets61 likes

Liverpool U23s boss Michael Beale stepping down - will Steven Gerrard fill any vacancy at Kirkby? - Liverpool Echo

Losing an excellent coach and developer of young talent there. Done terrific over the last 4 years and prior at Chelsea.

All the best Bealey. Thanks for the hard work at Kirkby. Can't blame the fella' for both stepping up in his career and experiencing a new Country/ culture in so doing.

On the plus side that leaves a coaching opening for Gerrard to come home now after a rejig with internal promotions. THAT would make me ECSTATIC! Make it so L'pool!

Beale is taking one **** of a risk leaving his job to be an assistant in Brazil. Given that the average a manager lasts there is 15 games before they are sacked, one club has even managed to get through 10 managers in two years. Throw in that Ceni is yet to manage a club so could make some mistakes and he could be out a job very soon. I think only one manager who started at a club in 2016 is still their so he is taking some risk but, credit to him for going somewhere else and taking a chance

10 managers in 2 seasons? Man that's mad. Crazy, crazy scenario. But the home of football for me Brazil. Guess you just have to accept the madness that goes along with everything over there.

Think I'd like a City win this dinner time. A draw would be sound and the best in respect of both clubs dropping 2 points. But this Chelsea run has gone on a little too long now and needs to end! Can't see anything other than Arsenal battering West Ham later who are in a terrible mess.

With L'pool having what should be a straight forward afternoon at Bournemouth tomorrow it'll just be nice to see one or both of 2 of the top 3 drop points today.

The U-18's are kicking-off at home against Middlesbrough as I type.

Mad to think in the corresponding game last year Ben Woodburn made the step up from playing for the U-16's that same morning to come off the bench for his U-18's debut at just 15 years of age.

A little over a year and three months later he's now become L'pool's youngest ever goalscorer and their third youngest debutant. In the Premier League no less.

Unbelievably boss, crazy mad 15 month rapid rise for that young man.

Last edited:
Any way we can find out how many members/ST have been to every game in the cup? I was fairly confident about getting my Wembley ticket but not sure if there'd be a ballot or anything?

Any way we can find out how many members/ST have been to every game in the cup? I was fairly confident about getting my Wembley ticket but not sure if there'd be a ballot or anything?

Nah mate. Not that I'm aware.

Just have to wait until they bring out the selling details. Would imagine you'd be alright with last seasons League Cup home credits and this years but it's L'pool so you never know.

Rivals all won today. Imperative we win against Bournemouth tomorrow. Interesting to see the lineup as well, see if Klopp goes with Firmino on the left or not.

Rivals all won today. Imperative we win against Bournemouth tomorrow. Interesting to see the lineup as well, see if Klopp goes with Firmino on the left or not.

Why are Reds (not saying you are. Just in general mouching around social media and even a few friends) really nervous about frigging Bournemouth? Like if Chelsea or Arsenal were at Bournemouth this weekend would we be expecting them to struggle? No! Exactly! So why the F are lads STILL nervous about the Reds going there? Yeah, Bournemouth are a tidy side that will make us work. But we're flying high up the top the league on a 15 game unbeaten run comfortably dealing with all comers. It's like L'pool fans the PL era have been bitten on the **** SO many times with false dawns they're the eternal pessimists in the face of everything to the contrary.

Frigging live a little and embrace the title talk will yers! These Reds are SERIOUS contenders. And serious title contending teams aren't frigging worried about going to somewhere like Bournemouth!

Might be another patient game to sit through. (Something that was lost in the midweek 'discussion' on here when I said I felt we always had another couple of gears to go though if we'd needed them against Leeds The last 3 or 4 games we've seen a completely different side to these Reds showing yet another different way they can beat you. The patient game where they'll just keep steadily plodding away until the chances come. And if that takes 60/70/80 minutes so be it. They know it will. You can't just blam every team off the park 5 or 6 EVERY game of the season.). But the goals will come with that patience safe in the knowledge we can turn it on at full pelt for a 15 minute spell if need be and destroy anyone.

Don't get the trepidation at all with this side. Another comfortable 2-0 tomorrow for the third straight game.

Then more than likely back to battering a side at home next Sat'day when West Ham are in town

Up the 'Jürgens Juggernaut rolling through a Town near you' Reds!

Matchday! Here we go again fella's .....

With Matip getting in sessions the end of the week, I would imagine it'll be the same side as Sunderland sans Origi for Coutinho with Firmino dropping to the left of him. (At least to start. Do any of the attacking players have a set position with all the interchanging? Wijnaldum was supposedly pushed on like he was for Newcastle last year the left against Leeds but he was rarely in that role for any great period. In fact it was hard to workout just what we were playing Tuesday as just as you thought you had it figured, the formation subtly changed again!).

I don't think Klopp will as you have to be completely ready to play for him, but I wouldn't personally bring Lallana straight back into the XI. He only returned to full training Thursday after being out since the last England game and you need to be 100% to contribute in this team. So ease him back off the bench and get another full week of hard work under his belt before West Ham next Sunday. Hopefully one or more of Ejaria, Trent and Woodburn (all three are down in Bournemouth with the squad) make the bench again. That would be as satisfying as anything.

We sat and watched Chelsea and the Arsenal rise to the challenge yesterday. Now it's time to send out own statement to those watching us that these Reds are going nowhere!

Roll on half 1 and another three points on The Road to 19!

*Edit* God. We're wearing the horrid third *****. At least it might not be as blinding on the eyes with no lights on them!

Last edited:
One player out. Matip misses. Very happy Lucas replaces him. Klavan's been great but Lucas reads the game so well back there and has been excellent all season. The brainfart against Leicester excepted. Mad how he's so good at defensive headers yet has always been so poor at offensive ones. Maybe it's being behind the ball and seeing it coming toward him rather than having to take the initiative and attack it the other end? A-A, Ejaria and Woodburn ALL on the bench along with the returning Lallana which makes me as happy as anything.

Ibe still benched for Bournemouth too which is good. As out of form as he continues to be, it would of been typical for him to refind it against his former club!

Last edited:
What a finish from Origi, tight angle that, running wider and wider.

But without Coutinho our squad is paper thin...

What a finish from Origi, tight angle that, running wider and wider.

Outstanding. ***** keeping again like but what a take from that angle! Made up for his shocker tap in miss earlier.

Fully deserved from complete domination the opening half hour.

Keep it going Redmen and batter these!

Stonewall penalty that. Can't believe Madly didn't give it.

Got away with one there Reds.

Excellent half of almost complete dominance without ever over exerting ourselves. When we play and interchange like this in attack NO team can live with it.

Shocking tap in miss from Origi. Shocking goalkeeping from Boric. Two great goals. The second from Origi defied mathematical angles! And a nailed on peno for Bournemouth after a bad clumsy Firmino challenge that somehow he never gave despite being 5 yards away and looking straight at it!

Keep working second half Reds and really punish these.

Back