The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I work with Archie! Never realised he had such a following, or was verified

I work with Archie! Never realised he had such a following, or was verified

You might want to suggest he 'frames' his tweets better then.

For whatever reason (maybe his big dip in form before the manager change? Maybe someone like Keita is that bit more dynamic for them?), L'pool's interest in Dahoud stopped back before Christmas as per the reliable local journo's.

Shame, as I like what I've seen from Dahoud personally and wouldn't of minded him in the midfield mix. Still a ways to go but certainly worth developing.

But I'm not privvy to what goes into transfer switches so onto the next one.

You might want to suggest he 'frames' his tweets better then.

For whatever reason (maybe his big dip in form before the manager change? Maybe someone like Keita is that bit more dynamic for them?), L'pool's interest in Dahoud stopped back before Christmas as per the reliable local journo's.

Shame, as I like what I've seen from Dahoud personally and wouldn't of minded him in the midfield mix. Still a ways to go but certainly worth developing.

But I'm not privvy to what goes into transfer switches so onto the next one.
The only people saying that he stopped being a target was goal.com. There is literally no reason why he should frame that tweet differently, when he is better placed than both you and I. Keita isn't the answer if Dahoud was a long term target.

Last edited:
Oh, I wasn't having a go at your mate. Just badly framed tweets in general. We see it all the time on here from the amount Tod passes on with very little substance that people bounce off.

Back after the window shut, both Mel Reddy (aside from her piece this morning before the Dortmund links broke again) and Dom King, maybe Barrett, someone of their reputable ilk for informed info on Merseyside footie; said we'd dropped our interest. We (generally, not you and I) had a discussion on it on these here boards being as we'd tried to bag him the summer but Gladbach wouldn't sell with all their other key departures. The only links since then have been out of Germany with English papers/ sites bouncing off them.

Then this teatime, his agent apparently put's out that he's 'turned down L'pool' in favour of Dortmund and when it's framed that way people get the complete wrong impression. Frustrates the **** out of me when people so readily do that.

No idea at all if the Keita links have serious substance. Just posing it as it's recent as a possible reason why they may be going in another direction. Far more dynamic a player to be in a rotation with both the Wijnaldum and Henderson roles than Dahoud right now.

Ben Woodburn wasn't even born the last time Everton won at Anfield.

I don't know whether to be worried for Sat'day that the law of averages says that has to end at some point or just expect the norm to carry on and Everton to **** out of the Derby as always? oO).

Personally, I'd love to see Ben in the starting XI with Phil dropped back the Lallana role and Can and Wijnaldum alongside each other. (Not sure you bring Henderson straight back into the Derby but then he did Utd after he'd been missing a good few weeks.). ANYTHING bar a three of Lucas, Can and Gini. God forbid we EVER see that no pace horror show again.

Dahoud is a passer, one your side doesn't have in any way. shape or form. He is what Sahin and Gundogan were to Klopp. Keita is powerful and covers a lot of ground, but split sides he does not.

It was Dom King, who nabbed that from Goal. Whether Goal is accurate, is another debate entirely

Mel Reddy is as clued in when it comes to L'pool as Barrett, King, Bascombe or anyone else. There's a handful of Merseyside based Nationals who are the only ones worth any credence when it comes to L'pool/ Everton reporting.

The only local guy you can question is Pearce who tends to get his news secondhand but he is at least getting better in having his own opinion these day's rather than just spouting the club line. Although the Echo stopped being relevant around the time they stopped the Sat'day pink the early '00's so yer know.

You just described a combination of what Henderson is/ has become in his new role this season but the virtues of differing skill sets I'm not going to debate until we actually sign someone. I'll just take a wait and see approach to save any disappointment.

NSFW: PODCAST: The Blue Room v The Anfield Wrap – %%sitename%

Far be it from me to promote an excellent Everton fan site, but a very enjoyable free 45 minute listen from a few solid reds and blues on Sat'day.

Starting to feel it now the International **** has passed. No secret I hate Chelsea more than anyone. No need to go over the longstanding problems between us and them there as it's mutual on here with most Chelsea fans and has been discussed at length. And then there's always Utd which is as big as any game on the planet and by far and away the biggest in this Country. But for those of us from/ still in the City, there's nottin' like the Derby. You've grown up with these lads. You live and work among them. Family's are split both ways. Saturday is all anyone wants to talk about and skit the opposition over. You just can't escape it and to lose one is just unthinkable.

It's the two games you want more than anything every season. They just mean that little bit more. Couldn't imagine being from a one club City. That must be boring.

Roll on Sat'day dinner. 18 glorious Anfield years and counting.

Mel Reddy is as clued in when it comes to L'pool as Barrett, King, Bascombe or anyone else. There's a handful of Merseyside based Nationals who are the only ones worth any credence when it comes to L'pool/ Everton reporting.

The only local guy you can question is Pearce who tends to get his news secondhand but he is at least getting better in having his own opinion these day's rather than just spouting the club line. Although the Echo stopped being relevant around the time they stopped the Sat'day pink the early '00's so yer know.

You just described a combination of what Henderson is/ has become in his new role this season but the virtues of differing skill sets I'm not going to debate until we actually sign someone. I'll just take a wait and see approach to save any disappointment.

What I would say is:if Liverpool cooled interest based in a couple of dodgy months, that's a serious oversight. Especially given the price he is going for. Replacing him with Keita is just weird (a very good target in is his own right though). Dahoud was exactly what you needed

What I would say is:if Liverpool cooled interest based in a couple of dodgy months, that's a serious oversight. Especially given the price he is going for. Replacing him with Keita is just weird (a very good target in is his own right though). Dahoud was exactly what you needed
You could argue that Hendo has played that role excellently this season, he may not have the same passing range of Dahoud but he offers better defensive cover and intelligence in midfield. What we don't have is a strong powerhouse midfielder capable of going box to box. Emre was supposed to be that player but he's form has been questionable this season. We need different options in midfield as right now when one or two gets injured they all perform the same role. What we don't have is a Naby Keita type of player.

You could argue that Hendo has played that role excellently this season, he may not have the same passing range of Dahoud but he offers better defensive cover and intelligence in midfield. What we don't have is a strong powerhouse midfielder capable of going box to box. Emre was supposed to be that player but he's form has been questionable this season. We need different options in midfield as right now when one or two gets injured they all perform the same role. What we don't have is a Naby Keita type of player.

Henderson hasn't got the the same intelligence as Dahoud. As I said to Scouse when he first asked me ages ago, Dahoud is is gundogan in the making. You don't have a player like Keita, but you don't have Dahoud either. And he would be fair more influential as a first target.

I was reading all that before I turned in last night and I still really don't understand what L'pool are supposed to be in breach of here?

It's hard to properly ascertain without the full facts, but every report seems to suggest that we realised under the new rules you couldn't offer single private education without offering it to the every schoolboy on our books so we pulled it to not break the rules. Why are his parents narking about a private school bill when it's their choice to send him there? It sounds like it's more the parents trying to get more out of this than anything else.

To say everything's a bit 'vague' is an understatement. Not least this £50K compensation to Stoke that's got the kid in limbo right now.

Last edited:
I was reading all that before I turned in last night and I still don't really don't understand what L'pool are supposed to be in breach of here?

It's hard to properly ascertain without the full facts, but every report seems to suggest that we realised under the new rules you couldn't offer single private education without offering it to the every schoolboy on our books so we pulled it to not break the rules. Why are his parents narking about a private school bill when it's their choice to send him there? It sounds like it's more the parents trying to get more out of this than anything else.

To say everything's a bit 'vague' is an understatement. Not least this £50K compensation to Stoke that's got the kid in limbo right now.
Yeah all a bit iffy atm after reading different versions from various people. Will have to wait and see after the full facts come out from the resulting investigation.

Henderson hasn't got the the same intelligence as Dahoud. As I said to Scouse when he first asked me ages ago, Dahoud is is gundogan in the making. You don't have a player like Keita, but you don't have Dahoud either. And he would be fair more influential as a first target.

I think you're selling Henderson quite a bit short there. I've been one of his biggest critics but the transformation in not only his overall game but his leadership this year in his new role has been stark. In a hypothetical that both Dahoud and Kaita were signed, it would just be to add to the similar high level mix of the current main three. I'd be very surprised if Jordan wasn't starting every big game in that role next year after how well he's developed this. Just needs to manage the foot problem and stay on the pitch.

Maybe that's why we've turned away from Dahoud? Henderson taking so well to Klopp's idea of a 6 and becoming so integral to the side?

Shame whatever the reason as I have enjoyed watching him this season and appreciated you tipping me off on him back in the summer.

I think you're selling Henderson quite a bit short there. I've been one of his biggest critics but the transformation in not only his overall game but his leadership this year in his new role has been stark. In a hypothetical that both Dahoud and Kaita were signed, it would just be to add to the similar high level mix of the current main three. I'd be very surprised if Jordan wasn't starting every big game in that role next year after how well he's developed this. Just needs to manage the foot problem and stay on the pitch.

Maybe that's why we've turned away from Dahoud? Henderson taking so well to Klopp's idea of a 6 and becoming so integral to the side?

Shame whatever the reason as I have enjoyed watching him this season and appreciated you tipping me off on him back in the summer.
I like Henderson, but he isn't on Dahoud's level of passing. And everything I've seen od Dahoud says potential world class playmaker. That's not a slight on what Henderson offers. But you don't have anyone your side to can dictate and pass from deep like he can. Frankly I'm so impressed by Dahoud im genuinely glad he isnt going to Liverpool. Keita is an excellent player to target, but its a very odd sidestep from Dahoud to him, they are very different. You really need that type of passer in your side, would give you an incredibly dangerous new dimension

Anthony Taylor has the Derby?!!!!!

How does this complete disgrace keep happening? It'd be bad enough the FA repeatedly opening him up to continued criticism by given a South Manchester lad a L'pool game. (Regardless of who he favours, he should NEVER be in charge of either Manchester or Liverpool club.). But the fella's just a rank bad official who shouldn't be anywhere near the top league. Or most any for that matter.

Can't believe the idiots have opened themselves up to controversy by appointing him again for such a game.

Back