The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Also wanted to point out what a player Silva is. He must have played three diff positions that game and was still the best player on the park for me. Oh how I wish Rafa got his way and managed to sign him.

The article is click bait yeah, but dont u think still the International manger should at least talk with club manager, considering age and first call up.?

I would expect the common courtesy of any International manager who intended to call up any of my players, regardless of age, to contact me before hand.

I thought that would be common practice but apparently not always.

I would expect the common courtesy of any International manager who intended to call up any of my players, regardless of age, to contact me before hand.

I thought that would be common practice but apparently not always.

Thats a classic Scouse not English thing to say!

I don't believe they need to contact every manager of the club they're taking the players from. (When injury is concern then I believe they should).

Why should Coleman speak to Klopp? As Woodburn or any player eligible for the Wales squad is also his player. I hope he plays some part as I'm Welsh so would be great to tie him down to us.

He will learn what passion and determination are more at Wales than he would with the England set up ;)

(Let me have that one, its the first year I've been able to give the English stick all my life)

Talking of young Ben .....

Real good piece on both he and Trent as part of Goals NxGn series:

Ben Woodburn and Trent Alexander-Arnold's journey from Liverpool's Academy into Klopp's plans - Goal.com

Their top 50 ranked teenage World talent list ( ..... 'But who are the most promising players on the planet? Well, on Wednesday, Goal will unveil its new series, NxGn, which will unveil the top 50 talents born on or after January 1, 1998.
We've asked the judges from across Goal's 37 editions to rate football's most exciting teenagers in terms of
first-team experience, current value and potential and ranked them by their final tallies ..... ') should be an interesting read tomorrow:

NxGn: Football's 50 most promising talents unveiled - Goal.com

Reading all the tributes pouring in is testament to the man. The words from the captain just sum it up. You don't stay nearly 50 years at a place of work if you aren't terrifically hard-working. Nice that his book came out a few weeks back titled 'MR LIVERPOOL.' Outside of Paisley, there couldn't be a more fitting title for anyone connected to this great club. 343 games as a player winning the 2nd and 1st Division titles. Invited onto the coaching staff by Shanks in '66, working his way up through the kids and ressi's, winning numeroud Central League titles when the Central League was a TOP league and the battle to play for L'pool reserves was as coveted as most first team slots; to join the first team in '74. And being a part the next 24 years of a ridiculous 38 trophy's. Serving under 9 consecutive managers since joining the club at 14 and doing every job from player, physio, coach, kit man, caretaker manager and all points in between. You name it, like Bob, he did it.

Loving reading all the stories coming out today. Particularly the arl favourite of him coming in the start of pre-season with all the medals from the previous year's championship in a cardboard box saying 'If you've earned one, take one. But last season means nottin' and the hard work starts again now!' So typically L'pool. Humble in success. Keeping them all grounded to go do it all again.

He just completely epitomises the very ethos of both the football club and City that continues to this day under Jürgen. Honest, hard work and accountability. And such a humble, nice fella' with it. A genuine Scouser who just embodied what we are.

Football men like Ronnie are few and far between. Legend is an oft-used phrase but he is a GENUINE LEGEND not only to this City and football club. But football in general. The game has lost a GREAT one today.

Really am devoed by today's news. This one stings as much as any LFC loss ever could.

God bless Ronnie lad. Thank you for everything you tirelessly gave for the vast majority of your life to this fantastic football institution and our City. Sure you're now back together with Shanks, Bob, Joe, Reuben and the lads in the great boot room in the sky showing Sir Matt and Revie and co how to do it all over again.

Many cracking tributes and pieces all over today that anyone can easily find. Here's a couple of audio's from his son and a multitude of ex-players on the book launch a few weeks back:

https://audioboom.com/posts/5734946-ronnie-moran-mr-liverpool

Podcast special - 'Mr Liverpool' Ronnie Moran in the words of his son Paul - Liverpool Echo

Liverpool's old-school route from the Academy to the Jurgen Klopp's first team - Goal.com

Another excellent read on well arguably the most flourishing academy the entire league (given the ultimate goal is getting players to first team level and that list is growing by the passing season) already before we even start to think about the new combined super modern facility being developed the next year or so at Kirkby.

As we prepare to remember the passing of the great Ronnie Moran Sat'day dinner, the old school L'pool values of hard work, accountability and humility being instilled at every level by Jürgen as he turns the whole culture around ties everything up perfectly.

Last edited:
scouse did you lot get any help for the new stand i only ask cos from what i have read about the blue half geting help with there new ground

scouse did you lot get any help for the new stand i only ask cos from what i have read about the blue half geting help with there new ground

Still a prentendy new ground until it happens regardless of anything Anderson wants to talk about.

No. L'pool have had no council help with anything. But then we don't have a gobshite blue Mayor to fix the backhanded deals to secure land and guarantee loans. Which is all rather ironic being as they're the 'Merseyside Millionaires' whom Liverpudlians are now insanely jealous of apparently. Just not £300 million (which is massively cheap by itself for a new ground in England. Not least with all the renovations that would have to go on down the Dock Road) millionaires it would seem.

I'll believe it when I see it.

As of now, Bramley Dock remains what it is. The 'latest' new Evertonian ghost ground.

Last edited:
No it's early days yet but it sounds like it's gonna go ahead. One of the guests on Sunday Supp said it will get the all clear planning permission etc. By early next year. And already started plans for the redevelopment at Goodson. Will see I guess. Nice of the local government to give them a hand. Least they will be able to get cheap steal for construction.

Yeah. Lovely that to be a tax payer of a local council willing to act as guarantor to a minimum £300 million pound loan (aside from all the renovations they'd have to do themselves down the Dock Road), being burdened with any default risk with all associated interest to be paid out of future revenue; whilst the Blues super duper (alleged) billionaire owner doesn't put a penny of his own money in.

Majority shareholder with none of his own income at risk. And they laughed at Hicks and Gillet ....

Back