The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Apparently, LFC are 125 years old today. Special crest on the shirt next year and all kinds to celebrate.

Happy Birthday Us! If the next 125 years are even half as successful it'll be quite the fun ride.

Unconfirmed reports they'll be another celebration tomorrow to mark the first bitterness appearing across the park. :P.

Watching Leverkusen again tonight ..... Man alive Brandt would be devastating in this attack in this league.

Still developing like, but man what an exciting talent.

Not that I've ever thought L'pool's place in the top 3 was in any doubt like, but a nice start to the weekend all the same with Arsenal losing again.

Every little helps and all that.

I was just gonna' write something now on tomorrow as I'm on a train to Oxford Road 10:26 the morning.

And then that ****** Atko went and said it all for me!

[video=youtube;aCKXZnU7mqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKXZnU7mqo[/video]

NOW I'm buzzing for City!

Up Jürgies Resurgent Reds!

Last edited:
Not that I've ever thought L'pool's place in the top 3 was in any doubt like, but a nice start to the weekend all the same with Arsenal losing again.

Every little helps and all that.

I'm hoping you meant top 4 as you're not even in the top 3 chap.

cannot wait for the match don't see either team taking a backward step should be a proper you attack then we attack great for neutral probably not for the fans

cannot wait for the match don't see either team taking a backward step should be a proper you attack then we attack great for neutral probably not for the fans

Au contraire my friend. Attacking excitement is EVERYTHING you want as a match going fan as you well know. Just people watching at home/ in pubs and pontificating on-line that never fully get that.

Give me a game like Norwich last season over a non-exciting, routine 1/2- 0 ANY day of the week.

1-0 up. 3-1 down. 4-3 up. Norwich equalise the last minute for 4-4. Then Lallana blams in the winner injury time and the absolute, unadulterated carnage ensues as the whole end goes utterly mad. NO better legal high than that you can get in public! NO better way to win a game of football. A routine 2-0 and that train isn't half as bouncing going home as it was.

As you noted, we have well arguably the two best footballing teams in the Country with two managers who only know one way of playing. All out attack to win the game EVERYWHERE. L'pool players got away from that style as key injuries hit and confidence went with it. But it's returning with them and I'm fully confident of at the least giving City a **** of a game this avvi. Only tempered by 'it's Pep.' The best coach out there outside our own mad German for me so you're always cautious from that perspective.

The rain should just add.

Au contraire my friend. Attacking excitement is EVERYTHING you want as a match going fan as you well know. Just people watching at home/ in pubs and pontificating on-line that never fully get that.

Give me a game like Norwich last season over a non-exciting, routine 1/2- 0 ANY day of the week.

1-0 up. 3-1 down. 4-3 up. Norwich equalise the last minute for 4-4. Then Lallana blams in the winner injury time and the absolute, unadulterated carnage ensues as the whole end goes utterly mad. NO better legal high than that you can get in public! NO better way to win a game of football. A routine 2-0 and that train isn't half as bouncing going home as it was.

As you noted, we have well arguably the two best footballing teams in the Country with two managers who only know one way of playing. All out attack to win the game EVERYWHERE. L'pool players got away from that style as key injuries hit and confidence went with it. But it's returning with them and I'm fully confident of at the least giving City a **** of a game this avvi. Only tempered by 'it's Pep.' The best coach out there outside our own mad German for me so you're always cautious from that perspective.

The rain should just add.

oh for sure I agree, I just meant that your nerves may be shredded by the end whereas I mine wont not like yesterday vs brighton **** me. Missed the match due to work, then we always do a 5 quid scorecast pregame and it came in and of course I missed out on 230 quid

Such games may be fun and exciting to watch but the only reason they happen is because of absolutely comical defending which both teams are guilty of and don't care about.

As a match going fan of various sports, attacking intent has never been everything to me and I call bullshit on anyone who tries to tell me what i should take from a game, or indeed anyone else

Phew. Just where do you start with that?

You could be frustrated with Firmino and more so Lallana's sitter misses. But man alive it would be utterly churlish to complain about ANYTHING after such an exhilarating 90 minutes footie as that. What a frigging game!

We anticipated it going in. Two of the best 4 sides in England and by far and away the two top footballing sides in the Country. With the two managers who embody what was on display more than anyone. All out attacking, relentless entertainment that just leaves you with a heart beating, head banging 'WOW!'

One of the best games of foootie for MANY a year that should be down as one of those all-time PL classic 3-3/4-4's. 3 L'pool pens that could have been given. 2 for City. Open goals missed a plenty. 2 for each side? Both sides could claim to be hard done to. But then neither side deserved to lose. 2 sides at the VERY top of their respective games (and MAJOR props to City for picking themselves up after the absolute low of going out in Monte Carlo Wednesday to then turn around and produce such a wonderful performance), going toe-to-toe and playing such stupendously brilliant football at such a stupendously relentless pace for 90 solid minutes. (Toure's legs literally fell off there he was SO goosed.). The bravery on display to play to such a high level in such small spaces all over the park with two managers who just leave 1-on-1 individual battles right across the pitch and say 'we're better. You'll win them' was ridiculous. City's goal just encompassed the top echelon quality of the whole game. You could nark at Milner for not being tighter on De Bruyne but you ultimately just hold your hands up and say 'that was f-ing brilliant lads. Nottin' we could of done to defend that. Well played.'

Couple of shoutouts to a few maligned players. Wijnaldum and Can were awesome in the middle. Can's best game for the club for me. And Nathaniel Clyne remembered just what he is and went out, won his one-on-one's, and put in his best performance by a Country mile since returning from injury.

An absolute ****** privilege to witness that live. EVERYTHING that is good about this game we love. 'WHAT a game of togger!' as we say around these here parts. Fantastic way to go into the International break.

No wonder Pep is saying it's one of the happiest days of his footballing life.

10 games against the big sides this year. 5 wins. 5 draws. Just gone toe-to-toe away at City without the captain and Lovren and more than matched them in a stupendously high-quality game.

L'pool can only play against the big teams ..... The Champions League is full of big teams ..... Roll on next season's European adventure!

Up the scintillating two teams on display in Manchester today!

Last edited:
Are you related to Clyne Scouse because it seems you're the only lfc fan who still continues to rate him. Not knocking the lad as a pro because he gives it he's all but its clear to see he just isn't good enough both defensively and most importantly as an attacking outlet. One on one defending he was good today i'll give you that but he's ball watching for passes inside and his positioning at times were just **** poor. The Sane cross for Sterling he was caught nappin by letting him run of him, not to mention wandering of inside and letting Aguero have a gilt edge chance in the dying minutes. Before you say I have an agenda against him, I'm just mentioning things that keep happening over and over in games. Perhaps when you rewatch the game you'll have a rethink.

Aw mate if you can't hold your hands up and admit he had a great game today then you're harboring a SERIOUS agenda against him.

He won most all his one-on-ones today and offered going the other way. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say when the opposition are playing at such speed to such a high degree of quality you're gonna' get caught. It's nitpicking to try slate him for being caught out of position. Sane, Augero. Silva, De Bruyne are all top echelon attacking players la. He done as well as could of been expected against that. Milner gave away what looked a stone wall pen on £terling first half our end. **** happens when you're playing against World class attacking talent. It's not so much you're defending bad as they're just ****** good footballers playing at the top of their game and there's little you can do.

But overall he did great today. FAR better than he has been since returning from the broken rib.

Last edited:
Clyne was good today, due a performance because he's not been particularly good for some time, injury apart. For all his determination, he's just a bit limited.

Aw mate if you can't hold your hands up and admit he had a great game today then you're harboring a SERIOUS agenda against him.

He won most all his one-on-ones today and offered going the other way. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say when the opposition are playing at such speed to such a high degree of quality you're gonna' get caught. It's nitpicking to try slate him for being caught out of position. Sane, Augero. Silva, De Bruyne are all top echelon attacking players la. He done as well as could of been expected against that. Milner gave away what looked a stone wall pen on £terling first half our end. **** happens when you're playing against World class attacking talent.
Im not harbouring an agenda i'm just pointing out that he is a serious weak link in the team. Especially in a Klopp team were the fullbacks are expected to provide serious width. Im just dissapointed that this season he hasn't stepped up and it gets tiring seeing him get into good positions only to have him cut inside and pass infield. Maybe its the lack of serious threat to his position, but he has regressed this season. Im capable of changing my opinion about a player, I remember in the beginning of the season arguing with you about Wiji thinkin he was useless and now he is arguably been our best mid this season. **** happens but not over a whole season man.

Im not harbouring an agenda i'm just pointing out that he is a serious weak link in the team. Especially in a Klopp team were the fullbacks are expected to provide serious width. Im just dissapointed that this season he hasn't stepped up and it gets tiring seeing him get into good positions only to have him cut inside and pass infield. Maybe its the lack of serious threat to his position, but he has regressed this season. Im capable of changing my opinion about a player, I remember in the beginning of the season arguing with you about Wiji thinkin he was useless and now he is arguably been our best mid this season. **** happens but not over a whole season man.

Which is fine and a whole other debate. A lot of which I wouldn't disagree with.

But as regards today just give him credit where it's due.

Back