The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Klopp got a few things wrong. But the biggest issues stem from transfer work. As you say, klavan has played too much for a 3Rd/4th choice CB. Liverpool need to get through to the end of the season, and get some targets right. Bad day, but it's dine now

What really irks me is that when we do have to defend we can actually be really good at it. Case proved by the number of goals conceded when we play against the top 6. So why do complacency and a lack of concentration creep into our game when we play the lower sides. I mean to concede to the two shots that Bournemouth had on target is pretty abysmal. Why this hasn't been addressed is whats concerning me as I'm sure Klopp drills it into the players to keep their focus whoever the opposition is.

a1e82e5f-c80c-4003-a7bd-51d89f6ae285.png

Well Uhhh, I wasnt expecting that for a line up!

Very very strange. Top 4 nowhere near guaranteed. This could either be a stroke of genius, or absolutely bonkers. No inbetween.

Just for you my friend. Being you're his biggest fan and all .....

Honestly never knew he'd saved it the ground. Thought he'd just blammend it straight against the bar. Don't know what's better. What Clynes does or what Boruc does to keep it out? *******! Lol.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/850023637587546117

Boruc is a legend, I always wonder if his career could have went differently, he went through a rough divorce just when he should have entered his peak as a player and sort of lost his feet for a few years. Glad he finally found his place even if it's at his mid 30s.

Wtf is Gini doing there?! That was almost 2 in 2 games. Fantastic stop by Migs

******* **** is the Neuer in goal for us today?!

Its weird to think that Coutinho is now the top scoring Brazilian player in Premier League history with just 30 goals.

Its a shame we have never been able to witness some of the top Brazilian players in this country

Quality won that game for us. First half shocking absolutely shocking. That volley though...

Well, Diego Costa is probably the top Brazilian scorer in the league history. But seeing as the **** sold his country out, we'll give it to the little magician.

But your point, yeah, it's a shame. Robinho could've been something, but he just crashed and vanished.

Remember that Brazilian city had before, Elano? He wasn't bad. Cracking at set pieces if I remember correct. Probably wouldn't be far behind Coutinho on the list.

Watching Klavan is giving me Skrtel Flashbacks. The way he comes charging out with no thought about what's behind him. Looks good when he wins the ball but when like today he doesn't it leaves us open for someone to run into his position aka Walters. Clyne didn't cover himself in glory letting Shaqiri run away from him far too easily. Strange tactics in that first half.

Well, Diego Costa is probably the top Brazilian scorer in the league history. But seeing as the **** sold his country out, we'll give it to the little magician.

But your point, yeah, it's a shame. Robinho could've been something, but he just crashed and vanished.

Remember that Brazilian city had before, Elano? He wasn't bad. Cracking at set pieces if I remember correct. Probably wouldn't be far behind Coutinho on the list.
Remember Elano scoring against Utd. Had a **** of a set piece and left foot on him. Also set up Giovanni who scored a scorcher against us from distance in the bottom corner against VDS I think.

'I love the smell of Naplam in the morning' ..... Bob Duval SERIOUSLY needs to come away with the Reds. 'Nam had NOTTIN' on our pyro .....

Mad, mad day. Glorious sunshine. Stoke fans telling you this would be a cake walk as they've been on their holidays for the past 4 or 5 games. (Which never quite rolls like that when a major player is in town.). Then Liverpool turned up. An absolutely abysmal L'pool first half. No shape. No fight. Individually or collectively. Passive. No idea. Not helped by Klopp continuing his utterly bizarre ******* around with things that started when he brought Matip on against Bournemouth. WTF that formation/ selection was all about only he can tell you? And I'm not sure I'd believe him outside of 'yeah. I ****** up. That was utter ***** lads. Soz. Won't mess around with what we do again like.' The only two that came out with remotely any credit where Trent and Ben. (Who got a REAL education of what top flight footie is all about against ***** like Stoke who kicked him back and blue.). Just HOW we went in only 1 down and not completely dead and buried was down entirely to Stoke City being the very definition of mediocre *****. Somehow we escaped to go in only 1 down. With an away end as narked and fuming as it's been in a LONG time!

And then the second half happened.

The two young lads (harshly) withdrawn and the two Brazilian magicians introduced. The tempo was up. The attacking wing backs suddenly in full flow with the abysmal first half Clyne, now back to his natural right side, and Milner back in midfield for the first time this season for some ****** up reason, back on the left; suddenly transformed to both having brilliant second halfs out wide. Stoke were completely dominated and L'pool ultimately fully deserving to win a game they should never have been in at H/T. Pace. Passing and moving. Where the **** was this the first period? And then those goals ..... No sooner had the smoke began to clear on I counted 5 different pyro drops Phil's leveller, than out of the red mist screams his bezzie, putting his foot through it and scoring an absolute Worldie in front of the now delirious travelling support with his shirt sent flying through the air in the ensuing madness. And then to top the craziness, up pops Big Si channelling his inner Clemence with his second top draw save the match to preserve a massive, MASSIVE 3 points after keeping us in it at 1-0.

The proverbial game of two halfs. A tub-thumping, second half one in the blazing sun and red mist.

Special nod too to Daniel Sturridge. As soon as he came on, Stoke's yard dogs immediately dropped back 10 yards. Such is the threat he carries in those feet. If only the frustrating ****** could stay fit. GREAT cameo Danny lad. GREAT part in the equaliser. Divock. ******* learn from this man whilst he's still here. He's the standard-bearer you need to become in the box.

Kloppo's mad, arm twirling, chest thumping, vein popping celebration in front of us the final whistle was the perfect end. All it lacked was his shirt flying through the air like his little bobby dazzler.

From wanting to kill most all the lazy _____ at half time. To being so, SO proud of them all the second half turnaround and those SO BIG 3 points. Bouncing train home and town done. Not a bad day all in all.

Funny arl game this togger.

Up the Pyro Pumping Reds!

1 down. 6 more to go!

Last edited:
Not too shabby for a side that has no fight in it huh as the narrative goes?

Andrew Beasley@BassTunedToRed Follow

More

Most PL wins after conceding first this season:
5 - Liverpool
4 - Spurs, Hull
3 - Chelsea, Everton, Southampton, West Brom.​

4:48 pm - 8 Apr 2017

Back