The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Centenary Stand to be renamed The Kenny Dalglish Stand - Liverpool FC

Not before time. I personally wanted the new Main Stand named in his honour but I'm not naive enough to know there's the possibility of serious income there from naming rights going forward.

One of the most important people, never mind footballer, my City's ever known.

Best decision FSG have taken thus far IMHO as they continue on their current upward trajectory for the club.

Last edited:
Definition of a BAD Thursday ..... When somebody who now lives in Hong Kong reminds you they're over this weekend and you'd promised to sort then out a ticket months back. Only for you to completely forget and now everyone you've contacted to press has no spares for Sunday! .....

Football ****** FOOTBALL! :@.

Rhian Brewster scored twice in a MoM display for England U-17's in a 3-1 win over Norway their first game the UEFA U-17's Championship in Croatia. Taking his tally to 9 in 10 games at that level:

Goal 1: https://twitter.com/England/status/860109367412232194

Goal 2: https://twitter.com/England/status/860115217384185856

Another ridiculous rise from the Kirkby conveyer belt this season. Amazing to think Rhian, who just turned 17 the start of April, was playing with the U-16's the start of the year. Then he got bumped the '18's, and by Christmas, his progress had been such he moved up the U-23's and hasn't looked out of place against the bigger, older lads all the second half the year to landing on the first team bench, albeit through injury, the recent Palace game. After having scored a good few in behind closed doors first team friendlies the International breaks earlier the season.

Still a lot of development to go but 2 or 3 years down the line he could well be a serious striking option for club and Country. Kids a proper striker and a great, instinctive finisher.

Chelsea not giving youngsters an opportunity at first team level was certainly L'pool's gain 2 years ago as he explained here: Meet the Academy: Rhian Brewster - Liverpool FC

Busy L'pool Friday. Dead smart clobber with the new training gear release. Could do without the sponsor like but I aren't naive enough to realise that can't be turned down in today's game. Just adds to the belting new home strip. Phase two of the ground expansion as good as confirmed. New hybrid pitch going down the summer. And Phil over his dead leg for Southampton.

Happy days!

Busy L'pool Friday. Dead smart clobber with the new training gear release. Could do without the sponsor like but I aren't naive enough to realise that can't be turned down in today's game. Just adds to the belting new home strip. Phase two of the ground expansion as good as confirmed. New hybrid pitch going down the summer. And Phil over his dead leg for Southampton.

Happy days!
I'm surprised they've gone ahead with phase 2 of the ground expansion unless they are planning on keeping it below 60k because anything higher could be extremely costly and will need the infrastructure around the area to be built up.

I'm surprised they've gone ahead with phase 2 of the ground expansion unless they are planning on keeping it below 60k because anything higher could be extremely costly and will need the infrastructure around the area to be built up.

August 2019 I think is when the outline planning consent expires. And that's for what, 61/62K? So having passed that already, the Council seem pretty receptive to any further design within that for Anny Road.

Just everything they're currently doing in following the path of the Main Stand redevelopment which is now all but complete and they have a season's worth of income to gauge off, suggests they're set on doing the Road End. I'm taking today's update that the club are pushing ahead with design options as such.

Boss that. The power of footie. And quality from Souness. The things you don't hear about.

[video=youtube;aQeVzfwynKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQeVzfwynKk[/video]

A few of great pieces with Trent:

Trent Alexander-Arnold exclusive - My Liverpool dream came true but I'm only just getting started - Liverpool Echo

Trent Alexander-Arnold on how Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard is inspiring him to reach the top - Liverpool Echo

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/trent-a...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Of all the superb young talent coming through, Trent's the one you feel has the best chance to be a 2/300 game lifer here. Great athlete and a very intelligent footballer who's technical ability will surely have him ultimately playing a lot further up the pitch. But FB's sound right now to get him out there and keep progressing his development.

Something extra special about having a local lad the team. I get other clubs fans getting so excited about this mega money signing and that. That's great for any footie fan. But for me NOTHING beats bringing through a Liverpudlian. It's all about the culture and identity of the football club and Liverpool is ALWAYS better for it when there's a Scouser out on the pitch you can identify with. Knowing he's going to represent you and the City in the right way because he's steeped in it like yourself and fully understands what LFC means to the community it serves. That connection and pride in your own just can't be topped.

Here's to Trent fulfilling that and being the latest in a long line of local good ones.

Last edited:
A couple of great pieces with Trent:

Trent Alexander-Arnold exclusive - My Liverpool dream came true but I'm only just getting started - Liverpool Echo

Trent Alexander-Arnold on how Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard is inspiring him to reach the top - Liverpool Echo

Of all the superb young talent coming through, Trent's the one you feel has the best chance to be a 2/300 game lifer here. Great athlete and a very intelligent footballer who's technical ability will surely have him ultimately playing a lot further up the pitch. But FB's sound right now to get him out there and keep progressing his development.

Something extra special about having a local lad the team. I get other clubs fans getting so excited about this mega money signing and that. That's great for any footie fan. But for me NOTHING beats bringing through a Liverpudlian. It's all about the culture and identity of the football club and Liverpool is ALWAYS better for it when there's a Scouser out on the pitch you can identify with. Knowing he's going to represent you and the City in the right way because he's steeped in it like yourself and fully understands what LFC means to the community it serves. That connection and pride in your own just can't be topped.

Here's to Trent fulfilling that and being the latest in a long line of local good ones.
Exactly how I feel about Lingard. Yes I know Rashford is the better player/ talent. But it blows my mind how many Utd fans slag of Lingard week after week. Yes he misses some sitter but chips in with vital goals. Add to that his pace, techinque, great and fantastic give it all work rate. If Martial showed as much then he would be a regular starter. I for one would choose a local lad over a big signing no doubt. But it's hard not to get excited when your clubs linked to some of the biggest players in the world.

Well that wasn't in the script! Stupid Palace!

- 4 GD and down to only + 1 in goals scored now with Citeh.

L'pool could REALLY do with walloping someone again. That's been TOO long in coming now!

And I still haven't picked up a spare for tomorrow. This weekend is NOT going well!

Bascombe saying Trent will be withdrawn from this summer's Euro U-19's to make sure he's fully ready for pre-season and a much bigger role next year.

#jürgiesjuniors

Bascombe saying Trent will be withdrawn from this summer's Euro U-19's to make sure he's fully ready for pre-season and a much bigger role next year.

#jürgiesjuniors
Tbh I rather Rashford not go with the u21s this Summer. He's already playing with knocks and can barely walk off the pitch finishing games. He will be shot if he plays all Summer and comes straight back after no rest. I'm glad Pogba is having a Summer off for once that's for sure!

So I'm home having passed on my seasonie to a mate who I'd promised a ticket for today's game way back and completely forgotten about and not been able to pick up more than 2 spares for the past few days when he reminded me. (He and his two lads are over from HK so they needed three.).

Doing the right thing sucks! But no matter .....

Into these Redman! We owe these this season!

Back