The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Second highly touted Scandinavian I'd forgotten all about being agreed a year back now signed as he's turned 16:

Patrik Raitanen@paacerii
Follow

More

Proudest moment in my career and I hope there is plenty more coming
26bd.png
Can't wait for the next season to start
1f4aa-1f3fc.png
#LFC

DBPE2d0XkAASMH3.jpg:large

5:31 am - 1 Jun 2017

Blonde, 6' plus two-footed centre-half from Finland.

If he develops to be even a quarter as good as the last blonde, 6' plus two-footed centre-half from Finland nobody had heard of for the Reds then he'll have a heck of a career.

We'll call this week of the 'window' Academy signing week. 4 and counting.

Last edited:
Second highly touted Scandinavian I'd forgotten all about being agreed a year back now signed as he's turned 16:

Patrik Raitanen@paacerii
Follow

More

Proudest moment in my career and I hope there is plenty more coming
26bd.png
Can't wait for the next season to start
1f4aa-1f3fc.png
#LFC

DBPE2d0XkAASMH3.jpg:large

5:31 am - 1 Jun 2017

Blonde, 6' plus two-footed centre-half from Finland.

If he develops to be even a quarter as good as the last blonde, 6' plus two-footed centre-half from Finland nobody had heard of for the Reds then he'll have a heck of a career.

We'll call this week of the 'window' Academy signing week. 4 and counting.

You better not **** this up. Finnish national team needs another player like Sami.

You better not **** this up. Finnish national team needs another player like Sami.

So do L'pool! Lol. (As I type. van Dijk will finally give us that replacement for the big Finn.).

Been going the game 37 years , and honestly, he's in my all time XI of L'pool players watched live partnering Hansen at centre half. Even ahead of Big Al's partner Mark the Manc who was an absolutely ridiculously good footballer at centre back, LB or in midfield. Just big Sami is big Sami. Fella' had it all.

Tough toss up for captain in that side between Hansen, Hyypià, Gerrard and Souness.

It seems Salah is now the front runner for the left wing position. Ideally he is more suited for the position when compared to Brandt although Brandt has a higher potential. Right now I would take Salah as he can also play right wing equally as good, so cover or perhaps interchange with Mane. With the left wing being sorted hopefully we can move unto the next weakness that is both fullbacks.

It seems Salah is now the front runner for the left wing position. Ideally he is more suited for the position when compared to Brandt although Brandt has a higher potential. Right now I would take Salah as he can also play right wing equally as good, so cover or perhaps interchange with Mane. With the left wing being sorted hopefully we can move unto the next weakness that is both fullbacks.

I'd still prefer Brandt - higher potential and more naturally suited to the left, whereas I think Salah's best position is on the right, which is the same as Mane's. Brandt can also play both wings but I'd rather the natural left than the natural right

I'd still prefer Brandt - higher potential and more naturally suited to the left, whereas I think Salah's best position is on the right, which is the same as Mane's. Brandt can also play both wings but I'd rather the natural left than the natural right

Brandt or Pulisic.

Salah is left footed I suppose so there is that. Even if he has started the left less than 5 times his 109 games in Italy. Don't like the idea of losing two wingers the AFCON every 2 years either.

Hopefully, Roma price him out.

*LB. Singular.

With Trent, the futures set on the right.
As much as I rate Trent, I feel it would be best if we signed someone to compete with him. Hence being linked with the Nice FB who can play both sides. Feel for Milner as he's a great pro but unfortunately were gonna have to be ruthless if we want to get to the top.

Last edited:
I rate Brandt highly but the thought of Salah's devastating pace on the other flank would be a brilliant showing. I wouldn't get caught up to much in terms of positions with the way Klopp sets up the team, the interchanging between the front 3 or 4 will be a nightmare for defences. Plus Mane can also play on the left.

Yeah Salah would be a class signing, been very impressed with him! Can't see Brandt or Pul moving till after the World Cup.

As much as I rate Trent, I feel it would be best if we signed someone to compete with him. Hence being linked with the Nice FB who can play both sides. Feel for Milner as he's a great pro unfortunately were gonna have to be ruthless if we want to get to the top.

Trent's competing with Clyne. As much as you dislike that, that ain't changing anytime soon mate.

Klopp, always thinking of the future as much as the present unlike most managers, I think has an eye on Trent and A N Other youngster stepping up to start from 2018/19 onwards. With both continuing to develop and learn under Milner and Clyne again this year. Last summer, the only LB he bid on, and that was only half seriously, was the Leicester kid who was nowhere near ready. This summer, until the lad has decided he's a homebody, Sessegnon was the only LB we've been seriously interested in. Who's nowhere near ready for the PL. Milner might not be overly happy playing there, but the manager loves him the position and he didn't let anyone down last year overall.

If we buy an experienced, vet. LB I'll be shocked. Maybe the Spanish lad from Barcelona who's name escapes me is being looked at to come through? He looked real promising once he'd settled over here before injury hit.

Last edited:
All these stats refer to players who played only in midfield and logged at least 2,000 minutes.
Player number one: he was the busiest player in the league, making 87.4 passes per 90 minutes.
Player number two: he had the best touch in the league among midfielders, guilty of only 0.4 unsuccessful touches per 90 minutes.
Player number three: he was the hardest midfielder to dispossess, losing the ball to an opponent only 0.5 times per 90 minutes.
Take your time on this one.
Need hints? All three of these players played for a team in red shirts.
More? All three of these players wore number 14.
The answers? Jordan Henderson, Jordan Henderson, and Jordan Henderson. And from now on, that’s JFH for short.

All these stats refer to players who played only in midfield and logged at least 2,000 minutes.
Player number one: he was the busiest player in the league, making 87.4 passes per 90 minutes.
Player number two: he had the best touch in the league among midfielders, guilty of only 0.4 unsuccessful touches per 90 minutes.
Player number three: he was the hardest midfielder to dispossess, losing the ball to an opponent only 0.5 times per 90 minutes.
The answers? Jordan Henderson, Jordan Henderson, and Jordan Henderson. And from now on, that’s JFH for short.

And yet there's still a lot of Reds that want him gone. It's bad enough your average opposition supporter being ignorant on Henderson and just how integral he is to the way we play. But at least they have the excuse of not watching regularly. L'pool fans don't.

With which he was less accurate than Maroune Fellaini was with his passes

With which he was less accurate than Maroune Fellaini was with his passes

I remember when Phil Babb was the most accurate passer the PL one season on the OPTA stats. He never passed it more than a 5 yard radius without giving it away either.

50 million for Van Dijk has to be a joke. I mean physically and on the ball he is as good as anyone out there but defensively he goes missing far too much for my liking. I mean what was the point of offering Lovren a new contract if were replacing him?. There has to be better value out there than Van Dijk.

Back