The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
First line of every story is "Southhampton WILL report... etc etc" of course nothing is online, what a waste of an argument.. C'mon lads.

The opening line of the linked local paper that started this says Southampton have asked the PL to investigate. Sky actually even quoted a PL spokesman.

But yeah, it's all a waste of anything as this changes nottin' with van Dijk and where he'll be playing next year.

Seems about as genuine as any bunkum The Mirror run with:

DBtvlaJXYAU8S_b.jpg

At least TRY make your bollocks into a believable scenario hey lads?

Isn't that interesting. What exactly has gone on there to bring around that? That's a PR disaster they've just opened themselves upto so Southampton must have something big.

Isn't that interesting. What exactly has gone on there to bring around that? That's a PR disaster they've just opened themselves upto so Southampton must have something big.

Personally, I think its a combination of being caught bang to rights (even though we know it happens) combined withe the fact you already have a youth ban, which means a potential transfer ban, rather than a paltry fine.

Sounds to me that Saints can prove you tapped him up in a really obvious way. Not good for FSG, with Liverpool and Roma being poles a part on a fee for Salah too

Personally, I think its a combination of being caught bang to rights (even though we know it happens) combined withe the fact you already have a youth ban, which means a potential transfer ban, rather than a paltry fine.

Sounds to me that Saints can prove you tapped him up in a really obvious way. Not good for FSG, with Liverpool and Roma being poles a part on a fee for Salah too

I could argue that its a last ditch effort by Southampton to hold unto their player. However we have previous on tapping up players and I think the Club is trying to save face here as the last thing we need is a transfer ban. Rather embarrassing tbh.

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]"I categorically deny i was tapped up, la"[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]"****!"[/FONT]

I could argue that its a last ditch effort by Southampton to hold unto their player. However we have previous on tapping up players and I think the Club is trying to save face here as the last thing we need is a transfer ban. Rather embarrassing tbh.

If you had done nothing wrong you wouldnt be a) ending interest and b) apologising in such a manner. No face has been saved here, which suggests the alternative was worse. Because as scouse says, this is a PR disaster.

Presumably, it was a case of pay the ridiculous money we want to make this go away or we'll divulge whatever they have over us. Taking the PR hit is seemingly a better alternative to either a potential transfer ban or being held to ransom on a fee van Dijk isn't anywhere near worth. Which suggests it's bad as this is the very LAST thing FSG need when their popularity rating is already heading into the Hicks and Gillet realm.

We've seemingly f-ed this one up spectacularly.

Presumably, it was a case of pay the ridiculous money we want to make this go away or we'll divulge whatever they have over us. Taking the PR hit is seemingly a better alternative to either a potential transfer ban or being held to ransom on a fee van Dijk isn't anywhere near worth. Which suggests it's bad as this is the very LAST thing FSG need when their popularity rating is already heading into the Hicks and Gillet realm.

We've seemingly f-ed this one up spectacularly.

If this was our first time being involved in BS like this I would understand. However the rank amateurs involved at the top have previous from Dempsey, Udinase last year and the stoke kid. All this does is make us look like a laughing stock across Europe and make negotiations alot harder. I bet Lovren and Klavan are doing the Conga right now.

If this was our first time being involved in BS like this I would understand. However the rank amateurs involved at the top have previous from Dempsey, Udinase last year and the stoke kid. All this does is make us look like a laughing stock across Europe and make negotiations alot harder. I bet Lovren and Klavan are doing the Conga right now.

Add Ziege and Robbie Keane. (Although that was Rafa and Rafa alone in the power play with Hicks and Gillete. But we still got caught.). Nothing to shy away from there as it's all out there.

There's not a club out there that doesn't tap players up. There's not a deal out there that doesn't get leaked in some description these days before it's done. You get caught, you swallow it with the knowledge you're getting who you wanted. But to not only apologise, which is 'WOW!' enough; but to flat out end all interest? That's absolutely unheard of.

F-konws what they had on us but it must have been dead serious.

Southampton have not dropped complaint to Premier League. PL not involved in discussions today and not decided yet whether to investigate

Southampton have not dropped complaint to Premier League. PL not involved in discussions today and not decided yet whether to investigate

Yeah, I've seen that floating around. There's too many contradictions on this to really speculate right now. Save for castigating L'pool for a monumental f-up.

Why would you as good as admit wrongdoing by an unprecedented, out of the blue apology like that and flat out drop any interest if Southampton weren't going to drop whatever they have on you? Tomorrow be interesting.

Yeah, I've seen that floating around. There's too many contradictions on this to really speculate right now. Save for castigating L'pool for a monumental f-up.

Why would you as good as admit wrongdoing by an unprecedented, out of the blue apology like that and flat out drop any interest if Southampton weren't going to drop whatever they have on you? Tomorrow be interesting.

Damage control, if both parties settle, PL might not take it further

You suggested as other reports have, that they are taking it further even after L'pool getting down on their hands and knees and making absolute arses of themselves by grovelling in that so obviously heavily Southampton joint worded apology and dropping interest in a player who doesn't want to play anywhere else but Anfield.

None of that makes sense unless they know they're dropping things. But then none of this makes sense. Do Southampton have something that damaging on Liverpool or have Liverpool just well overstepped the mark in gloating before a bid has even gone in and Southampton snapped at the unwritten tapping up rule being rubbed in their face?

As for van Dijk, **** knows where that's gonna' end up? Do Southampton end up going back to L'pool? That sounds utterly mad. But I'd never in a million years of anticipated this today. It'll take something real special for him to be in a Southampton shirt next year. He's not interested in City or Chelsea. I can't see that scenario, as it would be a PR disaster reversal for them. But if he doesn't want to play there, and there's only one place he'll go, where do Southampton then go? They've got their pride and control of things back but that's a **** load of money to walk away from with a lad who doesn't want to be there. Does van Dijk try force their hand?

This is just mind blowing all round and I doubt we've heard the last of van Dijk leaving Southampton this summer.

Last edited:
Solanke just scored the first and third goal in the England U21 vs Italy U21 game taking England to the final.

Ojo played really well too I'm reading

Back