The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Solanke just scored the first and third goal in the England U21 vs Italy U21 game taking England to the final.

Ojo played really well too I'm reading

Congratulations England. First, the Euro U-17's final they should have won. Now, their first ever U-20 World Cup final Sunday against Venezuela. Quite the summer for the young Lions.

Gonna' be real fun watching Solanke's continued development with the rest of the current crop and what's behind them. Wouldn't expect him involved first team match day squad until he adapts and learns the intricacies of what's expected in Klopp's system. But if he works hard and continues developing the 23's he'll get his shot soon enough. Couldn't be at a better club to afford him the chance. More fool Chelsea.

https://twitter.com/TransfersCalcio/status/872791797671612416

https://twitter.com/TransfersCalcio/status/872795129224081408

https://twitter.com/TransfersCalcio/status/872797167676780544

Last edited:
Hand in a transfer request Virgil and end this:

DBzCOpsWAAAnPmr.jpg

Virgil van Dijk
@VirgilvDijk

1f4ad.png

1:02 PM - 8 Jun 2017

England striker Dominic Solanke gets the Golden Ball for being the player of the tournament.
No pressure Dominic lad, but other winners of that award include Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Luis Figo, Sergio Aguero and Paul Pogba.

England striker Dominic Solanke gets the Golden Ball for being the player of the tournament.
No pressure Dominic lad, but other winners of that award include Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Luis Figo, Sergio Aguero and Paul Pogba.

Is this where we 'claim' Merseyside won the WC like the Cockney's do with 'West 'Am?'

Very enjoyable game of footie that. Congratulations to al involved. The FA's summer of success continues.

Is this where we 'claim' Merseyside won the WC like the Cockney's do with 'West 'Am?'

Very enjoyable game of footie that. Congratulations to al involved. The FA's summer of success continues.
why not its worked for them for the last 41 years

why not its worked for them for the last 41 years

That's being kind, try 51 :P In all fairness, well done to the u20's. Very talented crop, now what they need is consistent competitive club footy at a high level, something this league always seems to lack compared to Germany/Spain

If they're being straight up honest, good that City are saying they won't go over £50 million for van Dijk. One less obstacle on a deal that I think is far from dead.

Interesting this Mbappe/ Klopp talk. Interesting as it's now apparently being mooted by Joyce as well as Dom King.

If they're being straight up honest, good that City are saying they won't go over £50 million for van Dijk. One less obstacle on a deal that I think is far from dead.

Interesting this Mbappe/ Klopp talk. Interesting as it's now apparently being mooted by Joyce as well as Dom King.

Which would mean Klopp is very near to getting the sack then, no? XD

View attachment 91330

(Comments from Klopp regarding Pogba transfer)

Wise ***.

The way City and Utd are spending year-on-year, it's forcing everyone else to spend big to stay competitive.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see L'pool's summer spend be over £200 mil with the club record being broken 2 or 3 times.

Salah appears to be getting closer and closer by the passing day to start. And I'll still be surprised if van Dijk's not lining up alongside Matip opening day to name but two. Mbappe seems unrealistic. But it's interesting given the sources. And we could well recoup something approaching £100 million with sales.

Just good to be a very viable (old) 'new' player again that can compete and attract the very best if the manager deems they fit everything he requires.

Last edited:
Nothing wise about it Scouse, you've pulled Mourinho up on a few pieces of hypocrisy on the United thread, just returning the favour :P

Which is fair enough, well entitled to spend what you have. I've always said you have to pay for quality now. But Klopp has made it a habit of shooting himself in the foot this season; first the Fellaini plan B jibe, which was followed by him throwing Matip up front 6 days later as a Plan B, and now this, and even though I doubt anything at all will come of this, if Klopp's even considering it after his words not even a year ago... you have to admit, it's a little funny XD

Matip up front for the last two minutes of a game. Seriously, you're running with that?

FWIW I wouldn't want L'pool spending anything like 6 figures on a single player. It's a suicidal way to run a business to me regardless of your income/ turnover and whether you can afford it or how the games going. It's a road that doesn't sit comfortable with me. Even the premium we'll have to pay for van Dijk, should that come to fruition still, now Southampton have played this perfectly irks as much as I want him.

I just find it interesting that credible sources are running with him talking to Mbappe and L'pool being given credence as serious suitors for all the top guys again.

Last edited:
There is only one side winning the race for Mbappe, and that's Real Madrid

Nothing wise about it Scouse, you've pulled Mourinho up on a few pieces of hypocrisy on the United thread, just returning the favour :P

Which is fair enough, well entitled to spend what you have. I've always said you have to pay for quality now. But Klopp has made it a habit of shooting himself in the foot this season; first the Fellaini plan B jibe, which was followed by him throwing Matip up front 6 days later as a Plan B, and now this, and even though I doubt anything at all will come of this, if Klopp's even considering it after his words not even a year ago... you have to admit, it's a little funny XD

Indeed, if Klopp wasnt still seen as "that funny german fella" he'd be getting stick from the press

That said, baffled about Joyce reporting this. It's certainly not on his twitter or any online article I can find? Has anyone actually seen him say it, as opposed to loads of people on twitter saying he's said it

Nope. As I said, he's apparently mooting it. And as much as I hate to mention the POS rag that is the Daily Third Reich, Dom King is pretty well informed on both clubs. Don't see him going anywhere else than Madrid either. Just interesting and nice, as unrealistic as it may or may not be, that we apparently are interested in players of his ilk.

Nope. As I said, he's apparently mooting it. And as much as I hate to mention the POS rag that is the Daily Third Reich, Dom King is pretty well informed on both clubs. Don't see him going anywhere else than Madrid either. Just interesting and nice, as unrealistic as it may or may not be, that we apparently are interested in players of his ilk.

Yeah but that's about as much use as United being interested in Neymar, or me in Charlize Theron.

Back