The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Why? That's the package city were offering

Good for City. But he's not getting anything like the basic being banded around today if he signs for L'pool.

And anyone that would up his current wages 5 times and more in one go would be absolute frigging idiots. L'pool included if that were remotely true.

Very much interested to hear how you think Liverpool making him the world's most expensive defender is different

£89 million> £50 or so million.(If it even ends up at that as a straight sale with no other player involved.). Before you even start on the salary.

If you want to pull him for talking about the madness of £100 million or so all in footballers, then at least wait until he makes a similar signing.

But then this isn't even a transfer as I type so it's all just talk.

It's very much absolute B/S and you know it. I criticise my own team more than anyone on here when it's justified. And we justifiably pilliered them on transfers pre-Klopp.

But I've had a too long a day to argue the toss with yers.
You've been on FM-Base for one transfer window where Liverpool signed players not under Klopp and given that one of them is the ever hyped Joe Gomez and others are Milner, Firmino and Clyne who you wax lyrical about Ings, Bogdan and Benteke would be the only ones you could complain about and I'm sure you didn't with Ings and it would be a bit odd to criticise a signing of a back up keeper which leaves us with just Benteke for you to criticise

Your point? Apart from reiterating mine on the bad buys you mentioned that justifiably got ripped.

Although I was wrong on Milner who I had mad words with Marshall over.

Last edited:
£89 million> £50 or so million.(If it even ends up at that as a straight sale with no other player involved.). Before you even start on the salary.

If you want to pull him for talking about the madness of £100 million or so all in footballers, then at least wait until he makes a similar signing.

But then this isn't even a transfer as I type so it's all just talk.

He's making a defender from Saints the most expensive defender of all time. Paul Joyce, who you yourself also agree is very good on Liverpool (only Barrett was better imo) has said currently no player exchange in deal and fee could reach £60m. Thats very much a deal in the same calibre.

It's the way things are going, it's what you have to pay nowadays for quality.. especially PL teams. But I agree, in hindsight, some comments will be hypocritical

It's the way things are going, it's what you have to pay nowadays for quality.. especially PL teams. But I agree, in hindsight, some comments will be hypocritical

I'm all for clubs flexing their muscles within the rules of the game. And I've no doubt Saints will push the fee higher, and so they should. Very rich club. Just find Liverpools change of stance telling given the criticism from some of its quarters

Good work Liverpool. Doesn't really matter if there is nothing in this tbh, they've already managed to **** off Saints. Negotiations will be interesting...

Graeme Kelly goes that its just a ploy by Southampton to appease their fans. Probably ****** that they tried to start a bidding war but the player made his choice of club clear from the start. Plus Southampton do have a history of saying their players got tapped up and it going nowhere.

Last edited:
Problem is how can Saints prove anything. It's defo gonna drag on for ages now though no matter what happens.

Last edited:
Graeme Kelly goes that its just a ploy by Southampton to appease their fans. Probably ****** that they tried to start a bidding war but the player made his choice of club clear from the start. Plus Southampton do have a history of saying their players got tapped up and it going nowhere.

It doesn't matter whether there is anything in it. It juat strengthens their resolve.

Wish I could be half as concerned as our competitors here. So they're angling for a few more million to make their **** hurt bollocks over an illegal approach (Seriously the most bollocks thing in football that. Like there's ANY transfer that doesn't happen without under contract players talking to agents or clubs. How do people think these things happen? And being as there's not been a peep out of Liverpool on anything, good luck trying to push that Southampton) go away to compensate their fume at not having the bidding war they wanted because their man wants to only go one place. Something and nothing. They know he's leaving. We know he's leaving. We both know he's only leaving for one place. They've just had there plan f-ed so are angling for a bit more.

Nothing to really see on that one. He'll be wearing red next year. Not arsed in the slightest.

What I am arsed about, as was pointed out to me today, is this limited edition 125th Anniversary shirt ****! Blue. FKING BLUE! SERIOUSLY? They do it because they know it'll sell to a Worldwide fanbase. Which it currently is sold out its 1892 run. But it's still a frigging joke! We're the Reds. Not the frigging Blues! So it was the original colours back in 1892. Which has F-ALL relevance to 2017!

Out of order L'pool.

BTW, if this is SO big a story, as is all over the media, why is there nothing coming out of Liverpool? Nothing coming out of Southampton? And nothing coming out the PL? Nothing on any of those 3 sites. Just ..... nothing.

Call me sceptical .....

Nothing is coming out of those three because it's just being reported. And I'm not sure why you think rivals are concerned tbh

Just reading you all when no L'pool fans are arsed.

And that's precisely the point. It's being reported by everyone but those that it pertains to. The PL would be all over it if anything had been put to them.

First line of every story is "Southhampton WILL report... etc etc" of course nothing is online, what a waste of an argument.. C'mon lads.

First line of every story is "Southhampton WILL report... etc etc" of course nothing is online, what a waste of an argument.. C'mon lads.

Exactly. So of course youve heard nothing yet

Back