The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
On a positive note. TAA delivery from out wide and corners were excellent. Firmino's first touch is still sublime. Mane is rapid+clinical and lastly we didnt lack creativity even without pipco.

On a positive note. TAA delivery from out wide and corners were excellent. Firmino's first touch is still sublime. Mane is rapid+clinical and lastly we didnt lack creativity even without pipco.

Yeah, reading if he went we'd be losing our most important player and be F ..... We might be losing our best player in that instance. But not our most important. We can compensate for the lack of Coutinho. We couldn't the lack of Mané or Salah. As evidenced last year when Sadio was first away, then injured.

Throw in scoring three away without being anything like cohesive. Salah, bad decisions and finishing aside, being a constant enough threat to think he'll tear this league up most weeks. And actually handling them comfortably defensively second half until another ..... I'm not even gonna' say it again. It's been the same from them for SO many years now you just come to expect it when we give one away. Agreed on the changes BTW. Solanke plays as well as that pre-season, yet Divock gets on to yet again contribute absolutely nottin'.

There were positives. Just utterly frustrating at being killed by the same thing yet again and it still feels like a loss this morning. Even though you'd of taken a point H/T so woefully bad were we first half.

But then that will never change with 93rd minute equalisers. Even if it should never have stood.

BTW, mooching around awake early. This man knows!

John Gibbons@johngibbonsblogFollow

More

Hiya @BBCWatchdog I'm still being charged to watch Alberto Moreno play football. Can you investigate please?​

5:25 am - 12 Aug 2017 From Watford, East

Last edited:
Gylfi Sigurdsson? Personally don't think he's top 6 starting quality. As he showed at Tottenham when he never really cut it under AVB.

Swansea he stands out as he's the main man and dominates all set pieces. I get Klopp getting the best out of someone like that but if you're reinvesting the Coutinho millions you could do far better for me.

Everton is about his level IMHO.

Hamsik would be a superb replacement for Coutinho. His loyalty for Napoli probably leaves him almost unattainable though

Hamsik would cost you more than Coutinho. And also impossible to pry him from Napoli. He is magic though

Hamsik would be a superb replacement for Coutinho. His loyalty for Napoli probably leaves him almost unattainable though

Not played seriously in a long time through not having the time, but he was always one of the key players I used to priority target from the off in FM. Certain stats just fit perfectly for what I do.

As regards real life, as wonderful a player as he is, at 30 and the money he'd cost I'd pass. I'd personally tip Dortmund for Pulisic and/ or Demble. But then I'm way past getting hung up on favourite players/ wants. Torres breaking my heart ended that.

Its really starting to **** me off all the pundits who are like "Liverpool should let Cou go" "They shouldnt get in the way of his dream" etc etc, yet, with the VVD and Keita situation, its like "Oh big bad Liverpool unsettling a player" "Good on Southampton/RB for standing up to them" etc.

Annoying double standards much...

Its really starting to **** me off all the pundits who are like "Liverpool should let Cou go" "They shouldnt get in the way of his dream" etc etc, yet, with the VVD and Keita situation, its like "Oh big bad Liverpool unsettling a player" "Good on Southampton/RB for standing up to them" etc.

Annoying double standards much...

There's been loads of double standards over this. Liverpool fans have done the reverse.

On the transfer itself, Liverpool need to go really big on a final offer on Keita. Not that I think it will change much, but might give them pause for thought. 100m or bust

Just learned a fun fact, Hoffenheim are the top scorers from set pieces in the bundesliga

Just finished watching Mourinho presser. Talking about Lindelöf. Said he left him out as he's needs time just the same as when he signed Carvalho for Chelsea. It was difficult for him and will be same for Lindelöf. Sometimes will be in and out the squad but he has no doubts that he will be a fantastic CB like Carvalho. For Utd. Also read a few places that Mourinho said in one of his interviews after the match that more signings are likely.

is this in the right thread?

Just learned a fun fact, Hoffenheim are the top scorers from set pieces in the bundesliga

Yeah, I was just reading that earlier. Oh what joy!

Interestingly, this is Hoffenheim's first ever European game in their 118-year history. That really surprised me. Figured they'd of had a UEFA Cup tie at least along the way. They are probably the toughest unseeded side we could have drawn and we're the toughest seeded side they could have drawn. So it was already the tie of the last qualifying round before the side stories of Firmino going back to his previous club/ Klopp back in Germany against their uber young manager/ two out and out attacking footballing sides which should lead to a tremendous tie et all.

Probably the biggest game TSV Hoffenheim has ever played and the anticipation and excitement over there for the 5 times European Champions in town is off the charts by all accounts with the stadium completely selling out within two hours of going on sale.

Really looking forward to it. Not least getting to experience rail seating up close to see just what it's like. (Granted, the seats will be down for a European game but still.). They don't actually play in Hoffenheim either but in a little town called Sinsheim. (Hoffenheim's a little municipal village of Sinsheim.). Been a tricky one to organise, mainly because of it still being in peak holiday season but settled on flying from Manchester into Düsseldorf further up then taking what looks a gorgeous couple of hours or so train journey down the Rhine to another real pretty looking place Heidelberg. Which is around 13 miles outside of Sinsheim and having a couple of nights there. Dotted around all over this trip with mates flying into both Frankfurt and Stuttgart among other places.

It was good to get up and running Sat'day Watford but the season really starts now.

European trips. Can't beat them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was just reading that earlier. Oh what joy!

Interestingly, this is Hoffenheim's first ever European game in their 118-year history. That really surprised me. Figured they'd of had a UEFA Cup tie at least along the way. They are probably the toughest unseeded side we could have drawn and we're the toughest seeded side they could have drawn. So it was already the tie of the last qualifying round before the side stories of Firmino going back to his previous club/ Klopp back in Germany against their uber young manager/ two out and out attacking footballing sides which should lead to a tremendous tie et all.

Probably the biggest game TSV Hoffenheim has ever played and the anticipation and excitement over there for the 5 times European Champions in town is off the charts by all accounts with the stadium completely selling out within two hours of going on sale.

They have had a billionaire owner, the guy who founded SAP and he got them from the 5th division to the 1st in 8 years. Finally hit on the right guy to take them to a higher level in Nagelsmann it would appear. Will be a very tough tie for 'pool I think. Not sure how much European experience any of Hoffenheim's players have though think it will be less than Liverpool and that will likely help 'pool

Gylfi Sigurdsson? Personally don't think he's top 6 starting quality. As he showed at Tottenham when he never really cut it under AVB.

Swansea he stands out as he's the main man and dominates all set pieces. I get Klopp getting the best out of someone like that but if you're reinvesting the Coutinho millions you could do far better for me.

Everton is about his level IMHO.

He adds about 15-20 goals a season and he's a workhorse so would fit well in a Klopp team.

Outside of 1 season at Reading he's never added anything like that.

Have to to agree to disagree but he's nottin' like top 6 quality IMHO. And is heavily over priced. If he was there'd be more than just Everton interested. Now or any other season.

But it it's a moot point as far as I'm aware there's not been any interest and I highly doubt there would be.

Outside of 1 season at Reading he's never added anything like that.

Have to to agree to disagree but he's nottin' like top 6 quality IMHO. And is heavily over priced. If he was there'd be more than just Everton interested. Now or any other season.

But it it's a moot point as far as I'm aware there's not been any interest and I highly doubt there would be.

only scored 9 and made 13 assists in the league last season

Yeah. For Swansea. Completely different story at Tottenham a step up when he did.

But regardless, Bujakka, confident as always with L'pool in Europe. Should hopefully be a belter being as they have a very similar philosophy. But not even beginning to think about the game until 5 or so. Way too hot and Heidelberg is too gorgeous a town to enjoy to be thinking about the footie. Always makes me smile the more people you know you come across discovering somewhere new.

Different places. Same old faces. The things you do for the Reds.

Barrett just telling us about Klopp playing 'inuendo bingo' with the girl German journo haha.

Abdolutely class that fella and they seem to love him everywhere in Germany you go.

Tonight is a huge game in the context of Liverpool's season, win confidently and then it will give a badly needed boost into your team going into the season.

Lose it and the unthinkable happens, you could face the prospect of going out of the CL before you have even got in it. Not only that the confidence will be drained and it will be a very messy situation (adding to everything on top at present), with the season barely even begun.

Big, big, game I feel in the context of Liverpool's season.

First step on the road to Kiev z.

Its what we do. Jurgen has this.

Well you would certainly think that Klopp more than most would be ideal to prepare for a team like Hoffenheim. They have a very good young manager though, who I believe is destined for big things.

Back