The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Think Phil knows its now or never if he wants to move to Barca. Still think we can hold unto him, as he aint the type of person to mope about for a year plus with the worldcup coming up.

With the transfer request. And news coming out he refuses to play and has no injury issues. Can only see it going one way. Think you should fleece Barca. Buy that Luan Di Marzio had been linking you a lot to lately. And see how the season goes. You still have Salah, Mane, Firmino, Kent, Lallana, Woodburn, Sturidge, Origi. Still gonna be a huge miss and potentially **** your season up before you've started.

Really want your views on this scouse.

It looks like its only going to go one way now. The season starts in 22 hours for us. So all these reports about him behaving impeccably look to be greatly exaggerated.

We either do what Southampton/RBL are doing with VVD/Keita and stay put.

Or we keep an unhappy player in the stands.

What are your views on this now?

EDIT - I also feel that this window will finally be the one to push players to insert Release Clauses in their contracts.

EDIT 2 - If VVD and Keita had signed for Liverpool by now, I dont think he would have put in a transfer request this season.

Last edited:
Honestly don't know what to think mayankov.

Said all along that the only way he'd possibly leave this summer is if he himself aggitated for it. Which he's now done. (An e-mailed TR BTW this dinner time? WTF is all that about to go around things?).

I'd normally never advocate keeping any player who didn't want to be here (Suarez is a law unto himself and would give everything if he playing his kids the garden), but what good is the money at this point? Although I don't think he'd not be professional but keeping someone who doesn't want to be here just doesn't sit well. Really tied but I'd sway toward getting every last penny out of Barcelona.

Really disappointed in Coutinho TBH. Don't blame the club in any way, shape or form here. They're still doing all they can to keep him. But to drop this on the eve of the season is real shoddy. He's young. He's the Champions League for the first time under Jürgen who took him and a far weaker team past some top notch opposition to a European final 12 months or so back. And he knows full well Barcelona would be back next summer as he's not replacing Neymar long term but Iniesta in that setup. He could well of given another season but so be it if that's what he wants. We aren't lacking with the Salah signing as great a player as he's on his way to becoming.

Sadly, many will (and currently are) just use this as another stick to beat FSG with. Even though it's out of their hands. The atmosphere at Watford tomorrow could be very interesting. The very last thing we needed the eve of the season. Regardless, if they do cave and sell, they need to have someone above and beyond van Dijk (who's doing the same to force his move to Anfield. And Southampton have even less ultimate control over that than Liverpool have over Phil if they insist on sticking firm and rejecting Barcelona) to come in to quell the masses. Whether that be getting Keita's camp to force his way out of RBL or whomever, they'd need someone else.

Don't think this has anything at all to do with any perceived lack of signings as to your edit BTW. He was always going at some point to Spain. That just is what it is. You can't stop that whoever you are when it comes to top South Americans and Barcelona or Madrid. They invariably have that in their career plan. Barcelona reacting now after losing Neymar has just speed up that process to this point.

Liverpool must surely have contingency targets to cover this, as they've known for weeks about the interest. Even if your stance is to definitively not sell him, you'd hope they would have planned for it anyway

Scouse, Barcelona arent coming back. They have been sounding out Eriksen too. They are replacing all of them this window is possible

Scouse, Barcelona arent coming back. They have been sounding out Eriksen too. They are replacing all of them this window is possible

Oh, they would. If not next summer, the summer after. He's on that trajectory to be absolutely World class and they've coveted him for a while now.

Oh, they would. If not next summer, the summer after. He's on that trajectory to be absolutely World class and they've coveted him for a while now.

Not if they sign Eriksen, who is on the same trajectory. Could be a good as Modric

This was always happening. Neymar sped it up. After that it was always going to come down to how much Coutinho wanted it. How have Liverpool got this so wrong though. How did they not work out how much he might want it? Did they even talk to him when they released that statement? Its their perogative not to, but it is his to hand in a request.

Thats the thing scouse Barca aint coming back next season. It looks like they are trying to get everything done now, evident from bidding for Dembele aswell. There is no way Coutinho would be trying to force this through if it isn't now or never for him.

Thats the thing scouse Barca aint coming back next season. It looks like they are trying to get everything done now, evident from bidding for Dembele aswell. There is no way Coutinho would be trying to force this through if it isn't now or never for him.

They're panicking now needing to be seen to be strong after they got wounded with Neymar but they'd be back down the line.

I've little doubt if the club stand firm, and unless he goes into full self-sabotage mode like van Dijk has they hold all the cards in effect given his new contract and no release clause to do what they want (even if I'd personally rather get rid of a player who wanted out), they'd be back talking in January to have him as soon as the summer window opened.

He's 25 and not yet at his peak. That move to Spain happens whether it's now or down the line. The only remaining question remains what L'pool decide to do for the coming season.

Danny Ings scored 10 mins into his comeback game after nigh on 2 straight years out the 23's first League game the season at Swansea. Real nice strikers finish too from a nice knock down from Brewster. Climbed well. Got through the first half unscathed and that's his night done.

https://twitter.com/LFCU23sU18s/status/896079796249042945

Long, long way back. Just great to see him starting out on that road on a football pitch again.

To be honest, I'm more upset with sports media. After been told for the best part of a week "He's enjoying his football; he's happy at the club, ect" to now have them say he's been desperately unhappy for months now and this deal was inevitable. It's the same every window, Sports"experts" talking nonsense as usual :P

I aint even mad. I didnt have much confidence for this game. Even more so now

Defensive frailties laid bare again already... very poor defending from a corner.

Liverpool and Arsenal both looking weak at the back, can see both being in a lot of shootouts

Wtf has happened to defending in the Premier League hahaha, think this Klopp and Pep mentality has gone to peoples heads thinking they can win every game by scoring more than the other team, even if the defence is like a leaky tap.

Wtf has happened to defending in the Premier League hahaha, think this Klopp and Pep mentality has gone to peoples heads thinking they can win every game by scoring more than the other team, even if the defence is like a leaky tap.

Defending? Whats that?

Incoming? There isn't one.

Rightly or wrongly, he only see's van Dijk out there as better than what he has to improve the first XI to any significant degree.

Sorry mate it's not you, I just keep thinking about this and chuckling.

Back