The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
As much stick as mingolet gets, he was one of the key reasons we're taking an away goal lead into the second leg.
Sorry no but have standards fallen that far where poor finishing/shots straight at him are considered excellent. Page me when he pulls off a De gea/Neuer like save where he has no business saving the ball.

So Liverpool have decided defending set pieces is above them then? Good away win, Hoffenheim deserved a draw but blew their chances. Liverpool need to get their **** together for the season though. Could be a long one if they continue to defend like this.

Btw, was I the only one that thought Salah looked a bit slow, by his own reputation, when 1 on 1 in the first half? Had a few yards headstart. Although touches weren't the best.

Btw, was I the only one that thought Salah looked a bit slow, by his own reputation, when 1 on 1 in the first half? Had a few yards headstart. Although touches weren't the best.
Looked to me like he was in two minds as to whether to shift it onto his left foot after the poor touch or continue dribbling and shooting with his right. Either way, someone needs to tell him his right foot isn't just for standing on.

Thought the same wasn't even a few it was about 5-7 yards. Do see how Migs can get any special praise for that match.

Sorry no but have standards fallen that far where poor finishing/shots straight at him are considered excellent. Page me when he pulls off a De gea/Neuer like save where he has no business saving the ball.

Standards haven't dropped; never said he was world class did I :P
I just think credit where credit's due.

Standards haven't dropped; never said he was world class did I :P
I just think credit where credit's due.
Fair enough. Just don't think credit should be given when your keeper should be saving such shots. *shrugs*

What I'll say is certainly Nagelsmann lived up to his reputation as a tactician going off that. Would love to see him managing a major team soon, with better tools.

Although, his comments post match were a little bit..... 'subtle'.. "He would say that, he won’t say ‘Hoffenheim played well & we were ****’" when asked about Klopp's comments on letting Hoffenheim play.

First home defeat for Hoffenheim simce May 2016.

Scouser scoring the Reds Europe.

Top away representation for a qualifier.

And it's still friging hot! But the bars still open and the wine is flowing so yer know.

The Reds. Underestimate them in Europe at your peril!

[video=youtube;NQcOUzFzEfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQcOUzFzEfk[/video]
Brilliant!!

Fun fact of the day:

Trent Alexander-Arnold is now only 1 goal away from scoring the same amount of Champions League goals as Everton. :)

Another fun fact: Lucas Leiva has won as many trophies in a couple months at Lazio as he did in ten years at Liverpool

You needed to wait a day for that lid.

Doesn't look too clever an out of context reply for yer.

Remember that transfer window were we signed Joe cole, Poulson and Konchesky. Plus being linked with Ola toivonen (sp). Yeah no more complaining from me...

Remember that transfer window were we signed Joe cole, Poulson and Konchesky. Plus being linked with Ola toivonen (sp). Yeah no more complaining from me...

I know right?

It's amazing (or not today) the amount of folk full of absolute doom and gloom with two weeks left in the window. Based off absolutely nottin' but rumours.

Start the week with a belter of a result that all but guarantees qualification that lifts you after the disappointment at Watford and still people are full of negatives. Must be a real fun way to live your life that.

Back