The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Winston Reid high boot on Steve Mounie: Red card debate goes on | Football News | Sky Sports

Carragher's turning into a proper gobshite over the summer. If he's not taking every opposing stance to be as controversial as he can be for the sake of Sky, he's constantly trying to wind Evertonians up on twitter which has soon lost it's 'funny' appeal when he's jumping all over them as soon as their game has finished.

Tone it down and STFU Jamie lad. You're becoming an embarrassment.

I actually think Carragher has shaped into a class pundit though. Arguably surpassed Neville

Mick Beales coming home next Monday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY73J6mlyjV/

Excellent news to have one of the widely acknowledged top youth coaches anywhere back on staff at the Academy.

Says it all about the fella' that he's humble enough without ego to stop him going from U-23's manager his first go-around (and assistant manager out in São Paulo), to working at the very introductory end of U-6 through U-9's.

Welcome home Mick lad. Our long term future is that much better for it.

Made up I've just seen this as this is just about my all time favourite L'pool goal. Finals aside. Kenny's great '88 side, with that clip showing not only Johnie Barnes at his majestic best, but Stevie McMahon epitomising everything it means to be/ have a Scouser in the side. The lung busting effort to chase his own blocked shot down, running almost into the paddock to keep it in play, and still get back the pitch before Winterburn gets there to then still have the composure to play in Peter Beardsley (who also scored a superb individual goal that game) ...... Perfection from a player.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/907571655937052674

Ban upheld. Not surprised. Rules made it very hard to overturn that red.

No surprise. The twats at the FA would see it as a climb down if they lessened it. At least they didn't extend it.

Happy the club tried the appeal. Right thing to do.

No surprise. The twats at the FA would see it as a climb down if they lessened it. At least they didn't extend it.

Happy the club tried the appeal. Right thing to do.

The FA have overturned bans before. This was a clear red

They weren't contesting the card but the severity of what constitutes a 3 match ban.

Serious foul play can carry a 3 match ban. Ederson's injuries were pretty bad, but it also wasn't overly reckless to be considered a frivilous appeal or needing more than 3 matches

Again, not down with this Lge 'keeper/ CL 'keeper thing. (Which looks like 3 'keepers with Ward set to play the domestic cups. Mad.).

I'd much rather Karius been the #1 from the start the season but at least he'll get good experience on the highest stage of all.

Anyone following this Youth League game? Asking as it's currently 3-0 on 64 the pub but this is stop start so much its probably finished and could be anything now!

Its 4 now.

Ta mate. Worst feed ever this. And excellent. The Reds in Europe! Any level.

Conpletely agree with Phil just being the bench BTW. Places need to be earned and aren't a right. Good opportunity to maybe give him a start Burnley to rotate or even better the Leagie Cup to really send home the message that the team comes first. NO exceptions!

Buzzing for this. Anfield. Under the lights in Europe. No place like it. Let's do this!

Up the Reds!

Can is having a shocker already. I hate how awfully inconsistent he is. He is brilliant or awful. No in between.

Back