The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You have a better view than me Scouse. Tell me how lazy is Matip because honestly i'm sick and tired of watching him jog back lazily after he gets pulled out of position.

Coutinho was the worst player on the pitch when he came on. Seriously looked unfit and had a touch that made Lukaku's look worldclass :P. Bench it is for him until he can get back upto speed.

You have a better view than me Scouse. Tell me how lazy is Matip because honestly i'm sick and tired of watching him jog back lazily after he gets pulled out of position.

Honestly mate, he's been equally as poor as Lovren the second half of last season on. Looked to of turned it round with three great games Palace, Hoffenheim and Arsenal. But back to absolute ***** City and tonight he was all over the place defensively but great going forward.

I aren't arsed about conceding goals. We always will by the very nature of the chances we take going forward. That's footie and people forget the other team is trying as hard to score as you are. But I just want a competent defence that doesn't gift the opposition goals yer know? That's not asking for much is it? Don't have to be World beaters. Just reliable lads that will do the basics. They get beat fair and square then fair *****. You can accept that. But to completely dominate supposedly the second best team the group and have it all undone with two shocking pieces of defending just frustrates the living **** out of you. Sevilla didn't even have to work to create their two openings. We handed them to them on a plate.

Just ..... Frustrating. Again.

Last edited:
Coutinho was the worst player on the pitch when he came on. Seriously looked unfit and had a touch that made Lukaku's look worldclass :P. Bench it is for him until he can get back upto speed.

Said it over the page. Frigging embarrassing many cheered him on like a returning hero after how he's behaved and **** all over everyone. And then to top it off he was the first straight off the pitch the end without acknowledging anyone.

I wouldn't even start him Sat'day personally. Leave him the indignity of the League Cup next Tuesday to ram the message home to the little rat.

At this point i'd rather throw Gomez into one of the CB positions. If he does make a mistake atleast he will learn from it.

At this point i'd rather throw Gomez into one of the CB positions. If he does make a mistake atleast he will learn from it.

Been saying that all year. What, exactly, do we have to lose? He's been great RB and his fitness is finally back after the 14 months out so play him and Trent. Shouldn't be needing to rest/ rotate an 18 and 20-year-old FFS. And certainly not this early in the season.

Was there much in Joe's sending off mate? Seemed something and nottin' but hard to tell from the speck I had the Kop and hionestly not looked at any highlights since I've been back the house.

I know there was some questionable reffing all night long. The one on Salah in full flow first half that stopped a clean through break and wasn't even punished with a free kick, let alone a card, was criminal that comes straight to mind.

Was there much in Joe's sending off mate? Seemed something and nottin' but hard to tell from the speck I had the Kop and hionestly not looked at any highlights since I've been back the house.

I know there was some questionable reffing all night long. The one on Salah in full flow first half that stopped a clean through break and wasn't even punished with a free kick, let alone a card, was criminal that comes straight to mind.
They didn't even show the incident tbh but Gomez and Moreno both had good games on their flanks. I didn't mind the ref tbh thought he was great, he let the game flow and didn't blow the whistle for every tackle or 50/50.

Ta. See if I can find it on something. Still wide awake so I'll have a mooch around in a minute.

They didn't even show the incident tbh .....

Mad that I've looked at 4 different highlights and as you said, not one shows it. I shall keep searching before I give up for the night lol.

Was a foul before the second goal.

Nothing in that at all having just watched it. Even the way European matches get reffed with very little leeway.

Mo wins the ball back fair and square. The Sevilla lad needs to be stronger and not go down lack a sack of _____.

They didn't even show the incident tbh but Gomez and Moreno both had good games on their flanks. I didn't mind the ref tbh thought he was great, he let the game flow and didn't blow the whistle for every tackle or 50/50.

Found it finally. Yeah. Little in it and far from a bad one. Probably a booking as the quickness of the Sevilla fella gets there first but it could have gone either way. Right the end the highlights package from BT here.

[video=youtube;JGwZErMgUZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwZErMgUZc[/video]

Was defo right for him to go. Just silly fouls but he will learn from them and is certainly good enough to.

Mad that I've looked at 4 different highlights and as you said, not one shows it. I shall keep searching before I give up for the night lol.

Nothing in that at all having just watched it. Even the way European matches get reffed with very little leeway.

Mo wins the ball back fair and square. The Sevilla lad needs to be stronger and not go down lack a sack of _____.
Was defo a foul mate. Yeah the player went down like a sack. But he puts his left foot across him for the tackle and trips the clips the players foot, added with a shoulder and sends him down.

Not that it matters now, but I can't agree with that at all.

If you think that's a defo foul, you may as well go the full hog and make football a non-contact sport. That's just two fellas challenging for the ball and one not being anywhere near strong enough and looking for a free kick he rightly didn't get IMO.

You know it's gonna' be a fun, boss day when Evertonians, those masters of Champions League football (oh yeah, my bad. They've never actually qualified for the competition proper), try skitting you over drawing with Sevilla.

A Sevilla team you've, 2 boneheaded defensive mistakes aside, taken to the cleaners for the rest of the game. A Sevilla team who were the 4th best team in La Liga last year. And are currently unbeaten and sat in 3rd this season. Whilst ranking 6th on UEFA's coefficient list. And given the other group game ended up 1-1, as utterly frustrating as it was, it wasn't a bad point in group play by any means.

God love Blues. They can always be relied on to perk your day up no end with their base hilarity of delusions.

Just had a look, I'd say a foul but not worthy of a card unless he'd racked up a lot of small similar ones previously

There's just a massive shortage of CBs on the market tbh. Look how much money City spend on that position alone and they're still strugglig.

I guess there is always that argument, but for me it always comes across as more of an excuse.

A lot of Liverpools goals conceded under Klopp, is often down to a poorly organised defence, whether that be from corners or in open-play.

The top coaches I see at the moment (there are exceptions obviously), can build a solid defence without any real star players. I mean just look at LVG when he came to us, admittedly he was pants at everything else, but one thing he could do is build an organised team from the back with a foundation considering of Mike Smaldini!

If you could somehow combine LVG's organisation with Klopp's dynamism and attacking play/intensity, you may have the perfect manager!

You know it's gonna' be a fun, boss day when Evertonians, those masters of Champions League football (oh yeah, my bad. They've never actually qualified for the competition proper), try skitting you over drawing with Sevilla.

A Sevilla team you've, 2 boneheaded defensive mistakes aside, taken to the cleaners for the rest of the game. A Sevilla team who were the 4th best team in La Liga last year. And are currently unbeaten and sat in 3rd this season. Whilst ranking 6th on UEFA's coefficient list. And given the other group game ended up 1-1, as utterly frustrating as it was, it wasn't a bad point in group play by any means.

God love Blues. They can always be relied on to perk your day up no end with their base hilarity of delusions.

Ignoring the bluenoses, it's a disappointing result if you're aiming to win the group, as Sevilla are much better at home than they are away. That said, you've been helped out with that draw, could have been worse

Back