The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I think it was a red studs hit ederson in the face when he wasn't ducking which is dangerous play

Those of you saying Mane is naive are having a laugh. He has every right to go for the ball there.

Those of you saying Mane is naive are having a laugh. He has every right to go for the ball there.

He does, buts hes a foot late, and a high foot in... he had very little chance of making it, but as a football is about the chances. Not malicious, only intent for the ball, but missed got the player, gotta go.

*If its a 50/50 on the deck, the losing player usually gets booked under todays game. (stupid but meh).

EDIT: SportsJOE[FONT=&quot]Verified account @SportsJOE_UK 21m21 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And it gets worse for Ederson, after Claudio Bravo accidentally punches him in the face while trying to pat him on the shoulder.
[/FONT]

He does, buts hes a foot late, and a high foot in... he had very little chance of making it, but as a football is about the chances. Not malicious, only intent for the ball, but missed got the player, gotta go.

*If its a 50/50 on the deck, the losing player usually gets booked under todays game. (stupid but meh).

It's a 50/50 with a high chance of scoring, I would be more ****** if he ducked and Ederson clattered him. One of the commentators said it best, the moment Ederson came out there he was an outfield player. Should have been a yellow at most.

Yes he does.
Consequently the referee has every right to send him off, for breaking an in game rule.

Last edited:
He knows the rules, he sees the keeper coming, yet he raises his boot head high and gave the ref an excuse to send him off... how is it not naive of him?

Jon Jones would be proud of that jump kick. Hope nothings wrong with Ederson.

It's dangerous play so whether he should have gone for it or not is irrelevant, if kicking someone in the head isn't dangerous play then nothing is

It's a 50/50 with a high chance of scoring, I would be more ****** if he ducked and Ederson clattered him. One of the commentators said it best, the moment Ederson came out there he was an outfield player. Should have been a yellow at most.

Nah, red for me.

Any player catching another any in the face with a full running boot while stood up should be a red, regardless of shirt or position. A running full boot the shin is a red, face.. defo.

if he's deemed to not be in control and endangers the opponent, it's a red. Similarly to a 2-footer. Whether you agree with the rules or not is another debate, but by the book its a warranted red

Going to be a bag of laughs in here tonight.
I heard certain sections of the crowd were acting like bellends??

Nah, red for me.

Any player catching another any in the face with a full running boot while stood up should be a red, regardless of shirt or position. A running full boot the shin is a red, face.. defo.

Your missing the fact that Ederson ducked to head the ball whats Mane supposed to do. Stop his momentum from following through. I just dont see how you can give a straight red without thinking logically about the situation.

Ox will go out on loan to City in January and he'll be like: "Yeah we're in good form in big games, we hammered Liverpool back in September"

Your missing the fact that Ederson ducked to head the ball whats Mane supposed to do. Stop his momentum from following through. I just dont see how you can give a straight red without thinking logically about the situation.

For me this is a decision where common sense should have be used.

By the letter of the law Sane could have also been sent off, lunging tackle from behind, studs up with two feet of the floor. However, he didnt make much contact, and it was at a slow pace. Logic prevailed on that one...

Defence isnt the "in" thing in football right now anyway.

Cities defence just as bad as us until the red card.

Back