The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
**** hope thats not true.

You and everyone else mate. F the football match. That pails into insignificance.

It is just rumour so let's pray it's nottin' more than that. Seem's it was the same lad who went down the arl' fella I seen who got twatted with the belt. And then got stabbed in the ensuing commotion. Plese God let it just been a stabbing and nottin' more serious.

What it does mean is here we F-ing go again in Rome next week. All our knobs will be up for that.As if Rome isn't enough carnage when the match is on. Frigging last thing anyone needed.

You and everyone else mate. F the football match. That pails into insignificance.

It is just rumour so let's pray it's nottin' more than that. Seem's it was the same lad who went down the arl' fella I seen who got twatted with the belt. And then got stabbed in the ensuing commotion. Plese God let it just been a stabbing and nottin' more serious.

What it does mean is here we F-ing go again in Rome next week. All our knobs will be up for that.As if Rome isn't enough carnage when the match is on. Frigging last thing anyone needed.
Stay safe mate when you go out there and here's hoping the lad tonight aint nothing serious.

Shoutout to the captain tonight who bullied one of the best mids in the game. Gave Nainggolan the Costa stare. Lest we forget.

https://i.imgur.com/NmxE5A2.jpg

**** him mate. Same as Milner. And Wijnaldum. (Who was frigging superb when he came on.). All need to be sold.

Some of our 'fans' are absolute gobshite bellends.

And ta on next week. Appreciated. We've had a couple of split groups this year in Seville and Porto with people wanting to do different things. NO F-er is by themselves next week that's for **** certain. That's what the shithiouse I-tie scooter boys like to pick off. One's and two's. In a group they don't like to come near you.

The Carabinieri better be on the ball unlike the slow reacting Merseyside bizzies tonight who as usual tip up when everything's passed. Honestly, literally in a coppers face 15 yards from the Kop, as bottles are flying and lads have reacted to leg the Roma ****** off 'What the F are yuse doing just standing there?' to no response. And then the next thing three vans and two lads on horseback tip up 5 minutes later. Excellent f-ing response lads. It's not like Roma come with a reputation or anything like to expect that. Useless twats.

Just makes me sick that these pieces of scum are allowed to breath the same oxygen as human beings. These pieces of scum I wish nothing but the worst upon their lives, literally. Not human. Not football fans. Not human. Just pure scum.

Lost for words mate. It's half 2 the morning. Whereas I should still be awake totally bouncing at an absolutely sensational European Cup semi-final victory, the game is now the very last thing keeping you awake when a 53-year-old guy is currently fighting for his life. All because he was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, at said football match.

And then you're left wondering just what, if any, protection we'll get next week in Rome after we've put the s***houses out? I've experienced Roma on a matchday on a few occasions now and it's no place for the faint-hearted. Starting in '84 my first European Cup Final when Lazio fans were out on the street defending us from the ferocity of the Roma attacks after. All of which is where Heysel really starts but this isn't the time or place.

But hey, UEFA will do F all. They're only interested in pyro and flares. Or the minority of absolute knobheads who threw a few bottles at a coach. But had it now been an Italian in the hossey, critical, fighting for his life, they'd be up working all night to sanction L'pool. Again.

Thought I'd calm down but im still fuming went from straight to Kiev to now having to go through Rome. What ****** me of the most is I cant have any chicken kievs for dinner this week as it will remind me of feckin Lovrens stupid mug.

One of the most daft yet best things I've read on here in a while!

This CL campaign reminds me of last years Europa League. Ajax would have crazy games with high scores in the KO's all the time.

Just got in, 4-0?? Hearing one of the worst semi performances ever by a team from Roma?

Still class. Congrats on final, doing it in style.

Getting back to the actual 'football' .....

Thank you. Anfield happened to them mate. Under the European lights. Far better teams than Roma have crumbled under that mad passion and intensity.

They actually didn't start bad at all. Then L'pool got inspired, stepped it up to a ridiculous level, and the noise and swarming red shirts got on top of them and their heads and arses completely went. Frustrating the two late goals as they deserved to win by far more than the ridiculous 5 they scored in a little under 70 minutes. But just a minor frustration. Bar an absolute Roman miracle for them, Klopp's L'pool are in their second straight final from his two European campaigns here.

Squawka FootballVerified account @SquawkaFollowFollow
@Squawka​

More

James Milner has equalled the record for most assists in a single Champions League season.Neymar, 2016/17: 8 assistsJames Milner, 2017/18: 8 assistsWho’s boring now?
1f60f.png

Dbkv_9YWkAI9mSc.jpg

1:16 pm - 24 Apr 2018

OptaJohanVerified account @OptaJohanFollowFollow
@OptaJohan​

More

10 - Liverpool are the second team in European Cup/Champions League history with two players with at least 10 goals in Mohamed Salah & Roberto Firmino, after Barcelona in 2014/15 (Neymar & Lionel Messi). Legendary.

Dbkvl-MW0AIS8a8.jpg

1:15 pm - 24 Apr 2018

Company.

MisterChip (English)@MisterChipingFollowFollow
@MisterChiping​

More

These are the FOURTEEN GENIUS that scored 10+ goals in the same edition of the UEFA Champions League:> Del Piero> Rivaldo> Jardel> Raúl> Van Nistelrooy> Inzaghi> Kaká> Messi> Mario Gómez> Cristiano Ronaldo> Lewandowski> Ibrahimovic> Neymar> MOHAMED SALAH​

1:04 pm - 24 Apr 2018

Add a fifteenth. How Bobby wasn't in the PL Team of the Year is a complete mystery. How he continues to go under the rador and be so under appreciated is an even bigger one.

MisterChip (English)@MisterChipingFollowFollow
@MisterChiping​

More

Roberto Firmino is the player who has needed the fewest matches (11) to score his first 10 goals in ALL the history of the UEFA Champions League (he has just matched the record set by Adriano with Inter in 2005) #UCL

1:34 pm - 24 Apr 2018

Oh yeah, the Egyptian King is now second all-time for most goals in a season for L'pool with 43. Surpassing Roger Hunts 42 in '61/'62. And now just 4 off Rushie's record of 47 in '83/'84. Through 14 less games.

He's going to bag 50 plus isn't he? Phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal. Up there with anyone on the planet as I type.

Remember when bellends were trying to equate Rodgers and Klopp's respective records without any context at all to use against him? Or the Dutch *** saying he didn't have a clue and would burn out/ injure all his players? Good times.

Klopp's L'pool record:

150 games.
80 wins.
53.7 winning %.
307 goals scored.
- £30.7 million net spend.

The best ever Liverpool managerial record after 150 games. Despite coming in the October of his first year 2015 and spending less than he has brought in. Oh yeah. Two European campaigns. Two European finals. The second after he offloaded arguably, to many, his best player mid-season for £140 million plus without replacing him.

***** him like. Bin him now!

Worst fears confirmed. Chamberlain out for the rest of the year and WC.

Absolutely devoed for him. 2 games from potentially winning the biggest prize possible in football. Having improved, game-on-game, to put himself as an integral, first choice part of one of the best sides in Europe and well arguable favourites to lift the European Cup. And not that I care about them, but a massive blow for England. He'd of been a sure fire cert to start the WC this summer the top class form he's been in.

And from a L'pool POV, that now leaves us down to 3 midfielders. Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum. Be nice of Can could find it within himself to grace us with his presence again before he F's off the summer. Being as we're still paying him like. At least we've only 4 more games then a two week break before the final.

Last edited:
Good luck Madrid tonight. Not arsed who we face the final but the Spanish won't travel in half as many numbers as the Germans so rather them than Bayern. Should make everything easier.

Back