The Liverpool Thread

A real learning curve for Fabinho this game saw people online trashing Hendo just because Fabinho performed well against fodder like Red star and Cardiff. However, this game really showed how much we missed him in the middle of the park. Feels like 2 dropped points as the chances we had were as clear cut as you can get.

Fabinho looks like the next Veron.
He was getting a right earful from Klopp in the first half but there's a good player in there somewhere just needs to get used to our style of playing. Not every pass needs to go forward especially in a fast-paced game like today where you need a calm influence in the no.6 role who could have slowed down the game when Arsenal had the momentum.

Quite liked the look at him at Monaco, would have been my first choice #6 before Matic came available, but the fact Mourinho & Pep have been so iffy on him despite him slutting himself to both Manchester clubs has made me question him a tad, that on top of some of my unbiased Liverpool friends not being convinced. Also, look at his Monaco CM partner Bakayoko for some perspective. Maybe they were just a workhorse double pivot carried by the guile & brilliance of Bernardo, Mbappe, Lemar and a rejuvenated, free-scoring Falcao?

Still early days though. Nothing definitive.

These unbiased L’pool fans Rh mate? They the same ones that have Gerrard over Souness? ;) Still blows my mind that from anyone that saw both men play. Opinions are subjective I guess.

Too goosed to say much of anything on the game with another early start tomorrow. These Reds will be the death of me!

Save to say it seriously narks yers off when P poor officiating costs 2 more vital points. To read the refs association saying it should have stood ..... I would say VAR but that’s a continued farce in itself over here. But hey, top the league with our best ever PL start. And regardless of what City do tomorrow, no second placed team has had this amount of points before at this stage in the PL era. Exceptionally mad standard this year.

Up the Pool! Mighty Reds!

These unbiased L’pool fans Rh mate? They the same ones that have Gerrard over Souness? ;) Still blows my mind that from anyone that saw both men play. Opinions are subjective I guess.

Too goosed to say much of anything on the game with another early start tomorrow. These Reds will be the death of me!

Save to say it seriously narks yers off when P poor officiating costs 2 more vital points. To read the refs association saying it should have stood ..... I would say VAR but that’s a continued farce in itself over here. But hey, top the league with our best ever PL start. And regardless of what City do tomorrow, no second placed team has had this amount of points before at this stage in the PL era. Exceptionally mad standard this year.

Up the Pool! Mighty Reds!

I've said it before but anyone I ask from the older generation (soz scouse) who has watched both play always says Souness is actually our greatest ever midfield player. Obviously ive never watched him play as It was well before my time but all yous old fogeys cant be wrong I guess.

Lol nope, the guys that aren’t sold on Fabinho are around my age. The guy that said Gerrard>Souness listens to matches on the radio XDin

This is the worst we have played all season. Well done to Red Star but we wouldnt have scored even if we played till midnight.

I guess today was the return of Lallana's signature move. Spinning on the same spot doing 50 Cryuff turns won't cut it anymore. He was so off the pace it was terrible to watch.

“In training, the sessions are led by Zeljko Buvac and Klopp gives him freedom to decide what tactics to employ. Then there’s Peter Krawietz, who does most of the strategy. But Klopp is emotional, he can’t just stand there watching."

Interesting.

“In training, the sessions are led by Zeljko Buvac and Klopp gives him freedom to decide what tactics to employ. Then there’s Peter Krawietz, who does most of the strategy. But Klopp is emotional, he can’t just stand there watching."

Interesting.

How? hes on leave this season.

Continuing the conversation of Klopp's staff the biggest influence has to be Andreas Konmayer. He is the reason why there has been no all-out press and a more reserved approach this season. Will defo help us in the long run as the squad or first 11 won't be burnt out come springtime.

How? hes on leave this season.

Quote from last season. Post trying to highlight how vital he was. LFC definitely haven't been the same since he's left, although results without performances this season are somewhat brushing that under the carpet. Not taking anything away from Klopp, but maybe Mr Buvac was the brains behind it.