The Liverpool Thread

Nightmare run is over, couldn't be more chuffed coming out of it unbeaten in the league level on points with the leaders third only on goal difference, second in the UCL group.

Really pleased for Lovren, Hendo and Gomez. Played really well. Pep showed a lot of respect to the team with his tactics and lineups.

Really think Mane and Salah need a rest, maybe its time to try Shaqiri and Sturridge from the onset and change shape...

No complaints at all...

The last two weeks we’ve been real privileged to witness, in differing ways, two superb games of football between the three top sides the league.

Chelsea was a technically awesome game of football played at a ridiculous pace that had absolutely everything. And yesterday was an equally compelling tactical chess match between two grand masters of the highest order. Who’s two top sides worked ridiculously hard in nulifying each other to make sure they both went into the second International break unbeaten. Which was the clear biggest objective for both out of yeaterdays game.

To not only have to adapt and work so hard in a different style of performance off the ball to stop each other, but be equally as quick and adaptable in playing to beat that and just move out and up the field, was a credit to both sets of players and as fantastic in its own way as Chelsea was exhilarating.

Just two top, TOP teams cancelling each other out and working ridiculius hard to do so. With nothing to chose between them. Top level footy at its finest.

Which I think is going completely unnoticed by many different outlets/ fans. It wasn’t so much either attack was ‘blunt/ ____/ whatever. Or the midfields bereft of imagination and guile. There was just little to no room to play as both teams executed the tactical game plan to perfection to preserve their unbeaten status and respective title challenges.

It was a SERIOUS game of the highest level football. Which is what this Liverpool team is now. A SERIOUS one that can adapt to do whats necessary to seriously challenge for, and hopefully win, titles.

You then throw in the mental and physical exertion to come theough this ridiculous 7 game spell of massive games and you can’t praise them enough. To be unbeaten against Tottenham, Chelsea and City the league, along with only losing the last minute in Naples after everythjng that went into PSG is FAR exceeding expectations. And with better officiating, theres a good chance we’d still be in the league cup too after yet another mamouth game this spell.

This International break has arrived at just the right time as our lads are naturally goosed after that run of top, top fixtures.

It’s also a massive compliment and sign of just where our standing is again that Pep, who doesn’t change for anyone, brought his 100 point City super squad to Anfield and did! The biggest compliment we could wish to recieve which was just hammered home by City being absolutely elated to take a point off us.

To be sat level on points with them after 8 games, having played a way harder sxhedule and not hitting anywhere near our top form as of yet is beyond boss.

Yesterday was a SERIOUS game of big boy football.

And this gang of Reds are a SERIOUS football team who are in it all the way this season.

Relish them boys. We’ve not had a team this ****** good since heck knows when? With still a LOT more to come.

Up the City matching Reds!

Last edited:
Though not a fan of how Mourinho bores the **** out of me at Anfield, the only difference between our approach and City’s yesterday was they defensively controlled the ball (Van Gaal-esque at times) whereas Jose controls spaces. Both Manchester teams set up to be happy for a draw and possibly a bonus of creating a winning chance. Different way of going about it, but in the bigger picture, pretty much the same strategy. A post that probably won’t be popular, but think about it

Though not a fan of how Mourinho bores the **** out of me at Anfield, the only difference between our approach and City’s yesterday was they defensively controlled the ball (Van Gaal-esque at times) whereas Jose controls spaces. Both Manchester teams set up to be happy for a draw and possibly a bonus of creating a winning chance. Different way of going about it, but in the bigger picture, pretty much the same strategy. A post that probably won’t be popular, but think about it

Difference is that yous lot came with no intention of playing a game of football. Seriously you can through around as many technical terms about how Mourinho set up last year at anfield but it was atrocious to watch. City had an outlet most of the time, Utd had zero.

Difference is that yous lot came with no intention of playing a game of football. Seriously you can through around as many technical terms about how Mourinho set up last year at anfield but it was atrocious to watch. City had an outlet most of the time, Utd had zero.

Hey mate I don't condone it any more than you do, try actually being a United fan and watching it, I'm just calling a spade a spade. The only thing different between the two approaches was aesthetics. Both managers went to Anfield with their primary goal trying to take the sting/chaos out of the game and quieten the crowd as a result, whilst also being very wary of Liverpool's press/counterpress... and then hope to create *THAT* chance (Sane forcing a foul for penalty, Zlatan header a couple years back, etc.). Of course it was easier on the eye yesterday (which doesn't say much, as it was dire in its own right), but to say that was a tactical masterclass by Pep, yet lambaste Jose for his annual Anfield performances is just a bit hypocritical. And I'm not singling you or Scouse or anyone else on here out, reputable journalists have done it too.

Exhibit A:

View attachment 34944
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
View attachment 34943

Are journalists classing it as a ‘tactical masterclass’ from Guardiola?

Hope they’re giving Klopp the same credit then as we showed City the same reapect and changed our normal game too to nulify them and remain unbeaten.

That stick was far greater than the carrot for both teams in what I thought was a compelling tactical battle.

Last edited:
I hadn’t realised today marked three years of the mad German btard at L’pool.

So much that could be said on the ridiculous progress and continued evolution of the side from the shambolic carnage he walked into to the proper serious PL/ CL contenders we are so privileged to be entertained silly by now. Along with an unrecognisable football club from top to bottom he’s played his part in building.

But after Guardiola paid the ultimate compliment to how much this side has evolved into one of the best in Europe in coming as close to a ‘Plan B’ as a man who NEVER changes his style is ever likely to get, along with all his gushing words of respectful praise about Kloppo’s L’pool; I don’t think anything more needs saying that could top that.

Here’s to the next three years.

If they’re even half as exhilarating as the first three we’re in for one **** of a boss ride!

Last edited:
Just watched a boss 10/15 minute or so Klopp interview this morning on his first 3 years.

If it’s on again, you want ‘Premier League World’ on SkySports Mix. Channel 121.

10 days removed from coming off with a hammy against City, Milner’s back at it for Sat’day!!!!!

Fella’s Ronaldo freakish physically. The older he gets, the fitter and healthier his body becomes! Madness!

So bar Brewster and Oxo-Chambo, great to be at full squad strength again for this next group of 6 games through the next International break next month.

And talking of the squad, great to read Big Shaq continuing to dispell his ‘lazy/ bad attitude/ poor team player’ et al myth relishing his depth role:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/...ttitude-when-discussing-liverpool-squad-role/

To have had this man for the last three years gracing our football club and City.... So fortunate. SO privileged.

Here’s to the next three years. What a time to be alive!

If you can find the time later, wonderful watch.

Proper ******* Scouser!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmkHS-kQl78[/video]

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XrDsVF3uX8c[/video]

Mo Salah ??????
Sadio Mane ??????
Virgil van Dijk ??????

And now Naby Keita ??????

It's been a stressful international break for Liverpool.

Only Sadio’s thumb and Naby yesterday. And both those don’t look like keeping them out for long if at all.

Big Virge was an agreement to only play the first game then return home. Nothing new thee with him playing through the pain of cracked ribs the last 4 games. And they’ve apparently been managing Mo’s muscle strain since the end of last season.

That said, now we’ve come through the last group of 6 out of 7 massive, ******* games, to add to a real tough start, I’d expect the rotation to kick-in now its a much easier run the next 6 to the next International break.

We keep a clean sheet Sat’day tea-time Huddersfield that’s a club record of just three goals conceded through the first 9 games of a league season.

It’ll also be 38 league games since the Tottenham debacle. Equivalent of a whole league season. With just 25 goals conceded.

#liverpoolshiteatdefending

Amusing a blue here at that earlier saying ‘Well yeah, easy when you pay World record fees for a CH and goalie!’ .... Neglecting to mention the other 3 cost a combined £ 3.5 million. All on JMG with Trent homegrown and Andy Robbo in-effect a freebie.

Last edited:
Off down to the local church at seven. There is a mass for Sean ***.
I'm not a religious man, but I'll show my support. I'm glad I'm within walking distance. I'll bet the crowd will be huge.

Sean ***

Jury’s out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...tacking-liverpool-supporter-sean-***-sent-out