The Liverpool Thread

How good has the defense been this season? Alisson spreads calm and his distribution is one of the best I've ever seen, every kick is like a **** Alonso long pass. VVD, when bothered, is one of the best in the world didn't give Deeney a kick. Felt the second yellow for Hendo was harsh but at least gives Fabinho a chance to impress against the blue ***** next week.

Ridiculously stupid challenge d. No conplaints there with Moss for once.

Though Klopp should have acted sooner and taken him off. That had been coming for the previous 10 minutes.

That said, the midfield is so much more solid with him in it. People that don’t understand Henderson, what he brings and how integral he is, neither understand football or more ao L’pool football.

Lol Ive read how he had am absolute shocker today despite him cutting out the passing lanes for Watford and always being an option on the ball. First yellow was a foul on him by Success though, as usual Moss is miles away from the action and probably blew the whistle to catch a breather. How he is a ref at the top level baffles me.

After that second half today I can’t wait for Wednesday.

Best half we’ve played since probably PSG ar home. With the front three all in synch and flying.

Absolutely superb performance. Still buzzing off it.

Thats what Champions do.

Not calling a penalty on Robertson early in the match also benefited you immensely.

This ref is truly horrific. Is he watching the same game as the rest of the world?

This ref is truly horrific. Is he watching the same game as the rest of the world?
Verrati shouldve been off made like 5 or 6 fouls straight after his yellow. Didnt even give the pen until the useless goal line official did his job for once.

This group has offered the most exiting footy i recall the past years, all 3 teams should get to the knock out stage.

Years ago i hoped Veratti to be the mantel of Pirlo, but that c*** has even worse attitude and acting than Neymar.

It was tight match and unluckily Silva had the day where he is the best CB in the world. Officials where horrendous, no control over the match, but also Pool got lucky not to get penalty in the end.
PSG would be so much better team if the egos play as a team, Neymar and Mbappe are playing for fun but others, especially Cavani seems to be left out from the "cool" kids group and rather than passing to Cavani they will hold the ball. In the end there was the same thing with Choupo-Moting, they just did not want to pass ball to him for runs. But who would have ever tough that Stoke guy will play for PSG...But **** that guy can win every header.

Edit:
About Pool... You guys just dont like to play away, 3 cl away lost, 3 shots on target in those games(1 was pen). There is no transition from mid to attack,long balls only up front, Mane was the biggest threat, but he seemed to lost steam in the end. Surprised also about playing Gomez not TAA, Shaqiri should have also come on earlier or even started. There was passion and effort from the second half, it just did not affect the end product.

Last edited:
Few dodgy decisions, but have to take hats off to PSG, the better team won on the night. Neymar, theatrics aside, showed exactly why he's the most expensive player of all time.

Veratti sending off would've been a HUGE turning point though, as he's their only CM with a bit of class. Evaded pressure so much & was the guy progressing it every time in transition; they would've been half the team without him in there orchestrating things.... so Liverpool can 100% feel aggrieved from that angle.

Still in your hands though, can't ask for much more than that.

Few dodgy decisions, but have to take hats off to PSG, the better team won on the night. Neymar, theatrics aside, showed exactly why he's the most expensive player of all time.

Veratti sending off would've been a HUGE turning point though, as he's their only CM with a bit of class. Evaded pressure so much & was the guy progressing it every time in transition; they would've been half the team without him in there orchestrating things.... so Liverpool can 100% feel aggrieved from that angle.

Still in your hands though, can't ask for much more than that.

On to you comment a week or so ago about us not being gung ho anymore. Last night was the first time i disagreed with Klopps pace ourselves approach. People saying the midfield wasnt good enough forget that it was largely the same midfield that got us to the final last year. I dont understand why he changed up our approach against the big clubs when it works so well for us. Klopp got it all wrong last night.

On to you comment a week or so ago about us not being gung ho anymore. Last night was the first time i disagreed with Klopps pace ourselves approach. People saying the midfield wasnt good enough forget that it was largely the same midfield that got us to the final last year. I dont understand why he changed up our approach against the big clubs when it works so well for us. Klopp got it all wrong last night.

I think he's had it a little wrong for a while now, but actually he's got the results in the league so it's not mattered. European away is a very different story, and its not been good enough, partly because he asked you to press slightly less, and you created a lot of chances from high turnover, and for a number of reasons you're no long high pressing and getting some of those chances. That said, last night was mostly a case of PSG simply being the better team

This group has offered the most exiting footy i recall the past years, all 3 teams should get to the knock out stage. ....

Brilliamt isn’t it?

Its been funny today reading meltdowns on social media when you’re out there quite happy and non-plussed. Funny how different views of things are and what you look for between following a team live and not.

Said the train yeaterday morning that there’s a lot to be said for getting beat tonight to set up another super memorable Anfield European night instead of winning and having a ‘meh’ last game with Napoli to not look forward to. And now we have that.

One of those when you really couldn’t be arsed about losing in a ‘free hit’ game knowing the safe guard of Napoli and another brilliant night was in store. So much so I never went the game. Mates lad was with us for the first time, minus his dad, and didn’t have a ticket so along with not being arsed, it seemed the decent thing to do. I’ve been doing this 30 odd years. That was his first Euro away. Plus the BOSS Night gig was a auperb place ro be match day. Absolutely love that about our unique fan culture that we can take it upon ourselves to organise something like that in another foreign City and have a great time enjoying it. Just part of being a Liverpudlian that nakes it so special.

Another superb trip. But then its Paris. Hard not to have a boss time there. Which as noted many times is ALL that matters on a Euro away. If you let the football spoil it you’re doing it BADLY wrong.

Roll on a week Tuesday.

Up the soundly placed European Reds!

Trying SO hard to get enthusiastic for later. But I’m just not feeling it.

I mean to the Ev it’s all encompasing. They’ve worked themselves up into their usual, foaming at the mouth, kill all Red_____ frenzy. And if they finally do, it’ll be celebrated like the league and European Cup rolled into one. The DVD will be out before the lights go out on the ground. Street party’s will bring Rhyl to a standstill. And Evertonian wifes will cancel going into hiding for once after a Derby.

To Reds, it’s now all very ‘meh.’ I guess thats a natiral byproduct of Everton being the very definition of mid-table mediocrity and of absolutely zero significance for 3 decades now. Don’t get me wrong. It’s still, for those of us from/ still in the City, the game you want to win more than any other every season. But that’s mainly down to having to deal with the bitter delusionals day in, day out and their L’pool obsessed lives. Outside of that, it’s just ‘another’ game against mid-table _____. Try as they might, they just don’t bother you anymore.

Even in a worse case scenario we lose later, the main thing on Reds minds is the curve it woild through into the deadly serious title assault. Everton, you’d just shrug your shoulders, accept that after 20-years the law of averages says they had to win one; and move on safe in the knowledge it’d be liable to be another double figure year steetch until it happened again.

We just don’t care or think about you lads now outside of winding yers up. We truly don’t.

That said, I fully expect L’pool to lick Everton three or four today and keep our ‘new’ L’pool obsessed ‘mates’ down the East Lancs, so deaperate to create their own rivalry with us, dejected at the Red title charge breathing down their necks whatever they do.

Up the mid-table Cup Final party pooping Reds!

I didnt even realise we had Origi at the club still! I thought he was out on loan somewhere!

I love Klopp saying into the camera "Divock Origi scored a goal"

My god what an epic finish to the game. Klopp going full crazy at the end and running onto the pitch. Inject that straight into my veins!!!!!

Comical goal and unlucky for Everton. I was seriously impressed at their defensive organization there by the end.

And Klopp is about to be hit with massive match ban after that celebration.

Silva is definitely doing a great job. All signings available now and need time to gel.

NO better way to win any game of football, let alone a Derby, than that! And a certain full circle dose of karma with Origi netting and what Funis More did to him.

To to the short armed gobshite.

City, the best team in the history of football and all that, must be sick the sight of these Reds they just can’t shake. 2 horse fight for the title. Who knew? ;)

That’s now L’pool’s second best start to a top flight season in our 126-year-history.

The fewest ever goals we’ve conceded through 14 games in our entire history.

And now 29 games and counting unbeaten at fortress Anfield the league.

Yet STILL folk, admitedly mostly non-match going Reds, want to question the evolution of this side into the deadly serious title contemders they are. I mean, SERIOUSLY? Fergusons Utd are doing what this gang of top, TOP Reds are and everyones (rightly) lauding them amd saying ‘That’s what Champions do.’ Without City blowing everyone away, we’re storming clear the top the league. But they are and they can’t get clear themselves.

Relish what we have lads. Which is the beat group we’ve had the PL era and one thats evolved into the equal of most anything in Europe. With still more gears to go up through and their best still to come.

But today, to win the Derby like that, AGAIN after Sadio the othr Chrimbo ..... Ale is calling. And copious amounts of it!

Liverpool Football Club. Destroying Evertonian lives since 1892.