The Liverpool Thread

I keep reading the nonsense that is watch when we get back to last season form. Sure we played great stuff but in the league it was not sustainable. Finishing the deason physically dead and scraping top 4 on the last day has won us nothing, we need to pace ourselves and clearly it seems to be working. Well maybe not in Europe.

I keep reading the nonsense that is watch when we get back to last season form. Sure we played great stuff but in the league it was not sustainable. Finishing the deason physically dead and scraping top 4 on the last day has won us nothing, we need to pace ourselves and clearly it seems to be working. Well maybe not in Europe.

I maintain that results are covering up some of the performances, and I don't think what I'm seeing from this current Liverpool is very sustainable for a title run with Pep's magical City. You lot frightened me a lot more last season. Remember Scouse when United were 2nd or joint top a few seasons ago and you said despite the position, you see nothing that scares you? I sorta feel like that with this Liverpool. Though irrelevant, as we're nowhere near you. However, that said, they can only improve I suppose. Just saying it's not a ridiculous thing to say "wait til we get back to last seasons form" as you were much better, just luckier this season.

I'm not even trying to have a dig or a reaction or anything, but how you take it is your choice, it's just my honest opinion. When you're watching something and thinking "How are we/they doing this?" or "For **** sake, they've jammed a result there" - then it's usually a little too good to be true in the long-run.

I know you can say Sir Alex's teams often won titles with similar form, but it's a different ball game now. Tactics have come on planets, the smaller teams are more negative/stubborn, there are 5-6 other teams now which are considered *big* games as opposed to the 3, and of course, there was no Guardiola. Just think there's a lot more banana slips in this Liverpool team than City over the course of the next 6 months, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Pep’s all conquering, best team in the history of football City, that are blitzing everyone in mid-season form yet still can’t shake clear of L’pool.

Pep who went against all his principles to completely change his tactics/ style for the first time in his career to deal with L’pool straight up.

Pep who talks about how scared he is of Klopps L’pool every chance he gets.

That Pep and his side?

The same Pep side that won games countless times in the last min last season. We were great in Europe last season but meh for the majority of the league campaign.

Talking City, tough looking week for them with aways at Watford and Chelsea.

Maybe it just tightens right back as tight as it can come Sat’day tea-time.

*Edit*

Now looks like Augero/ Zinchenko haven’t travelled to Watford to add to no De Bruyne and Mendy.

Every little helps and all that.

Last edited:
The same Pep side that won games countless times in the last min last season. We were great in Europe last season but meh for the majority of the league campaign.

After battering their opponents for the previous 89 of those mins, more times than not. You can’t say Liverpool haven’t stolen “underserved” points this season.

Like I said though, they can definitely improve and get back to last seasons levels.

..... You can’t say Liverpool haven’t stolen “underserved” points this season. .....

Wooo. Hang on a minute. Where? When?

If we’d been outplayed in games I’d be with you and concerned. But outside of Huddersfield deserving a point, and Everton Sunday, we’ve not been by anyone the league. You could say City with the missed penalty we escaped with one. But over the course of the game neither side deserved to lose. We had the better of the game at Chelsea. Does Sturridge’s late goal make us ‘lucky?’

Utd against Bayern the European Cup final your greatest ever season. Liverpool against Arsenal the Cup Final 2001. Thats what I consider ‘lucky/ teams riding their luck/ stealing undeserved victory’s’ et al. When a team is completley out played. Scoring late in games that haven’t been that is just football and what top sides do.

We might not be in mid-season form we’ve comfortably controlled most games this year and worn teams down.

More conservative tactics have netted more points, you also seemed to have lost the ability to crush the top teams like you used to. Not exactly something I'd celebrate. This is the team that last year terrified all the European giants and now you're in Europa League.

Didn't you come 3rd in the group or is that my Alzheimers?

Conservative tactics yes. However for the majority of those games weve beem the better team and controlled the game. Only reason its being questioned is that its a stark difference to last years 100mph. The only place I believe it hasn't worked is in Europe were weve struggled especially away.

Merseyside police are investigating a suspected mass kidnapping.

Up to a third of the city have not been seen since 6:15 PM Sunday evening after they disappeared in the haze of a blue smoke flare after celebrating what was thought to be a point, only for Divok Origi to score seconds later.

The last reports say they were heading in the direction of North Wales muttering 'Kopites are Gobshites.' Some reports coming in saying crying was heard from female partners and moans of 'am sick of them Redshite bastards. They always do this to us!'

Any further sightings please ring:

Inspector Ivor Emptycabinet.

On 1995 1995 1995

I'm not saying it's some massive issue, just that its quite drastic violation of rules and shouldn't just go unpunished.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...nine-word-response-liverpools-jurgen-15504557

£8 grand fine which he’s readilly accepted.

Good man.

Zero problem with the FA charging/ punishing him.

Zero problem with our manager showing just how much he’s one of us.

*Edit* Just love, not that I agree, the amount of managers saying he shouldn’t even have been fined.

Football without passion is nothing.

Last edited:
I REALLY dislike Burnley.

Town of inbred, 10 years out of date clobber wearing, sheep ________ support with their woolest of wool, tawdry lower league songs. Really is like stepping back in time going there.

Throw in their gob_____, REAL limited manager who was never as good as he thinks he is, playing antwacky footy in a ground even Everton cringe at, and its not hard to get up for playing them.

As handy as it is, I’d personally like nottin better than them to go back down where they belong.

Win the battle boys, grind them down, and we’ll win the war the last 30 when their legs have gone. (Although if yers want to start fast and blitz them that’d be sound too. ;) ).

Up the record setting Reds!

7 changes. Phew.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/1070388605695221760

Never expected so many for a league game.

Origi had to start like now he’s the greatest ever player to wear Red! Made up for Rafa Camacho making the 18. Less so Matip and Moreno but meh, they’re much less of a worry now we have the safety net of the current best ‘keeper the league and similar in Big Virg and JMG.

Into this shower of inbred ***** Reds!

God bless Alisson after 5 years of Mingolet we have been blessed with De Gea regen.

******* have rhat yers inbred, wool, 1950’s throwback town of gobshites!

Another classically stellar away display. Win the battles. Wear them down. Kill them off when legs go with superior quality. Big Virg immense as per. Henderson totally dominant. Naby the same in his best outing since Palace. Must be the grey kit haha. Key players rested and again, great substitutions from Kloppo which is a pleasant change. Man are Burnley a dirty side. Typical Dyche the underhand shithouse. The only downside was Joe’s injury. Hopefully not serious but time will tell.

126 years Liverpool Football Club has been in existence. Through which we’ve won 18 titles and produced some of the finest sides this Country’s ever seen. And now this years vintage has just set a club record for the best ever start through 15 top flight games we’ve ever had. Absolutely phenominal what this gang of Reds are doing. How anyone can question them is beyond me?

More points, more wins, more goals scored and fewer conceded that at this stage last season. Still unbeaten and breathing right down City’s necks who can’t shake us for all their blistering football.

Top, top side who are deadly serious title contenders. What a time to be alive!

Bring n Bournemouth!

Up the 15 not out Reds!

Dont know what that worm eating ***** was crying about at the end. The tackles they put in in the first half were shocking.