The Liverpool Thread

Am I the only one that thinks its not even a title challenge from Leicester. I know a bit egotistical but think about even after going 7 wins on the trot their still 8 points behind us and I think City and LFC both posting 90 plus points have numbed people but thats the high standards set which have never been seen before. Do Leicester have it in them to post up a 90 plus point a season. I dont think so. We have won 23 of the past 24 games. Thats the real level.
Guess I was right literally played them off the park. This side is simply different gravy and Trent might be rivalling Alonso for the best passing ive seen in an LFC shirt. Still backup for the national side though... :/

Sings ' ..... And now you're gonna believe ussssssssssss ...... '

I honestly don't know where to start with that display. September next year will bring around the 40th anniversary of my first game watching the Reds live. And through the intervening 4 decades, and F knows how many games all over this planet following this humongous shared passion of ours, I'm genuinely struggling to remember a more complete team performance, back to front, than that? Maybe Kenny's great '87/'88 side (until this vintage the finest L'pool side I've ever had the privilege of watching) taking Clough's Forest out behind the woodshed to the tune of 5-0 in a game the late, great Tom Finney described as the finest performance he'd ever seen in his life? Rafa's '08/'09 side destroying Real Madrid 4-0 in the CL first knockout round maybe? But when you add in the context of everything this evening (Leicester being, on results at least, the second-best side in this league. At home no less in a game we were 'supposed' to be happy with a draw out of/ L'pool having been out in Qatar becoming Champions of the whole ****** World just prior to Chrimbo/ key players out injured to the tune of young Curtis Jones and Neco Williams on the bench et al), I'm inclined to say that's the finest display of football I've ever been lucky enough to witness in the flesh. The ultimate team performance where every last one of them was absolutely outstanding.

Heck, Leicester didn't even have ONE shot on target. (And only 3 total shots all night.). Leicester City. The second-best team statistically in the pL Leicester City. The third highest scorers by far in the PL. Leicester City. Needing to win this game to have even a remote chance of mounting a title challenge. At HOME. And they never managed a shot on target as they were completely and utterly dominated (as they were at Anfield in a game that was far more of a 4/5- 1 game in reality than the late 2-1 win it ended up) from the first whistle to the last by a team LEVELS above them. (Or anyone else in World football come to that.).

An absolutely superb display from this gang of historical Reds you're just running out of superlatives for now. The absolute quote of the night was overheard coming away from the ground from a couple of Leicester lads, in their mid-20's, and I quote 'I've never seen any side give us such a doing that. They made us look like a 6th Form Netball side out there!' Which summed the night up perfectly. Men against boys didn't begin to describe what happened at the King Power.

Where does this end? Honest question? I mean you've got to be starting to look at an unbeaten season now and topping City's 100 point record. These lads are THAT good. They will of course, but you just can't see where they're gonna' drop points? First it was 'L'pool don't have the squad to match City.' Then it was 'VAR will sort the cheating Scouse C out!' Then it was 'December will F them. All those games and Qatar on top!' ...... It'd be much easier yanno' lads to just admit that this L'pool side is among the finest that have EVER been seen on a football pitch. In ANY era. ANYWHERE! What they are doing on a weekly basis is historically phenomenal. And the really frightening thing, to the rest of not only England but Europe, is they've nowhere near hit top level yet this season.

52 F points out of a maximum 54 available. And they've just DECIMATED the current 2nd best side in the country, on their own ground, by 4 of our goals to 0 of theirs.

What a time to be alive. What a time to be a Red!

Oh yeah, back to that opening song ' ...... We're Champions of the WORLD!'

Up the different level to everyone else Reds!

Guess I was right literally played them off the park. This side is simply different gravy and Trent might be rivalling Alonso for the best passing ive seen in an LFC shirt. Still backup for the national side though... :/

Totally. We truly have 2 #10's playing FB. With a 21-year-old Scouser absolutely running games of football from RB.

What makes it all the more remarkable the consistent levels Trents performing to is the constant pressure on his shoulders to perform. He's our key attacking outlet and the expectation on him to maintain that game in, game out, which is only intensified being a local lad, is off the charts mad.

To equate, Gerrard, for example, never had anything like that pressure heaped on him at 21.

And he's not even touched his ceiling yet. There's more development to come from well arguably the best RB in World football right now who'd walk into ANY team in the World right now.

Utd paid a World record FB fee for their version of Nathanial Clyne. Just WTF would Trent fetch if he hit the open market?

I was pretty vociferous on here a few years back in not wanting Leicester to win the league. Last night was a glaring example of why.

The next time the media try's to push the 'loveable, small club' angle-

Also, in no particular order we had-

'One Boris Johnson', and some other ditty about the Torries- Not sure if that's flattering trying to nark at us through that as to what we stand for or disturbing that ____wombles in Leicester actually think they give a flying F about them? Whichever, it got the deserved response from ourselves of ripping the said, racist, bigoted, xenophobic blert and his Evil right-wing party to F.

'Feed the Scousers, Let them know it's Christmas time .....' - Mocking poverty. At this time of year to boot. 'Classy' as it gets.

' ..... Always the victims, It's never your fault .....' - Did I say 'classy' as it get's? Low life scumbags.

'In your L'pool slums' - Because Leicester is such a palatial paradise right? Oh the F irony!

The Gearrard slip song bollocks- Like WTF relation does that have to Leicester?

'Champions of England, you'll never see that!' - Uhmmm, don't know if yers realised lads but we're on a march to a record title-winning season. And we have seen that. 18 F times!!!!!

And then there was the rather, let's say, 'rotund' meff who spent the whole game the other side of the divide trying to both stare out and throw constant abuse like the hard btard he wasn't. Only to then go running to the bizzies when he got singled out and skited to F by claiming an Asian lad in front of him had been racially abused. Which caused a 10-minute interlude of the Police trying to determine if anyone had racially abused anyone and needed lashing out. Thankfully, the innocent lad he'd pointed out was determined to have not said anything other than calling the fat gobshite what he was and it was left at that.

The only saving grace was that we didn't have the 'clapper' bollocks they usually hand them out that they bang for an 'atmosphere.'

Typical lower league mentality knobheads. Which is a shame for the respectable Leicester fans that they've never grown up and matured.

SO much right with Leicester City FC under this ownership. Totally tarred by a large section of there so-called support.

Always have been horrible btards. Always will be.

Totally. We truly have 2 #10's playing FB. With a 21-year-old Scouser absolutely running games of football from RB.

What makes it all the more remarkable the consistent levels Trents performing to is the constant pressure on his shoulders to perform. He's our key attacking outlet and the expectation on him to maintain that game in, game out, which is only intensified being a local lad, is off the charts mad.

To equate, Gerrard, for example, never had anything like that pressure heaped on him at 21.

And he's not even touched his ceiling yet. There's more development to come from well arguably the best RB in World football right now who'd walk into ANY team in the World right now.

Utd paid a World record FB fee for their version of Nathanial Clyne. Just WTF would Trent fetch if he hit the open market?
You just put in that last part to make me laugh didn't ya? :ROFLMAO:

Levels.

City raise the bar to ridiculous levels that forced us in turn to raise our game to match them. Now we've smashed through it and they can't raise there's to match us.

Levels.

Take Sunday off Wolves. You've earned the rest. ?

Up the best team in the F World that NOBODY can live with Reds!

Last edited:
Levels.

City raise the bar to ridiculous levels that forced us in turn to raise our game to match them. Now we've smashed through it and they can't raise there's to match us.

Levels.

Take Sunday off Wolves. You've earned the rest. ?

Up the best team in the F World that NOBODY can live with Reds!
I think we're capable of going unbeaten but if we go deep into the CL we might have to sacrifice a game or two in the PL and rest the key men. Otherwise if our key players play in the league I honestly don't see anyone stopping us.

All the years of waiting and agonisingly close misses. And then we wrap #19 up before the NY.

Madness.

‘Hand it over, Hand it over, Hand it over Man-ches-ter!’

Last edited:
TBF the two VAR decisions in today's game were right given the current rules. The offside rules need changing, that's the issue. Should be some form of 'referee's call' for marginal ones like they have in the cricket

You'll have to forgive me for nothing down with the cool kids but 'NWA?'

That's 4 games VAR has F up this weekend alone. I mean strictly speaking the offside decisions have all been correct. But it's the whole process that's wrong and the reasoning to behind it to begin with. Trying to decide such minute margins is beyond ridiculous (not least when the technology itself isn't 100% accurate to begin with and is down to subjective human decisions as to where to place the lines), it TOTALLY goes against the spirit of VAR was brought in for to begin with! WTF happened to 'CLEAR AND OBVIOUS!?!!!!!' When did that cease to be a thing as it was sold under?

I've stopped saying anything on it as I'm resigned to the view that sometimes it'll go for you and the other side will be F. Sometimes it'll go against you and you'll be F. I believe, as of just before Chrimbo, those that are keeping records on VAR decisions have researched there'd be absolutely no change in our lead at the top of the table as we've neither gained nor suffered to any outright degree. So it's not like I'm speaking from a position of benefit/ negativity as regards LFC. But I can speak as a match-going fan, and it's absolutely killing the game from that aspect by taking all emotion out of the equation. The very essence of what the games all about. Today for example, albeit they ultimately got both decisions right under the way the system/ rules currently are, the fact it took a good 5 minutes or so to reach each conclusion just killed the moment. Sadio's goal being awarded was more a shrug and ' F finally!' than a mad celebration of arms and legs as it should have been.

Virtually no paying fan is for it. The mediots/ pundits are now starting to turn against it and are no longer drawing the party line. It's F up virtually every other game in some description ..... Just HOW much worse does this failed experiment have to get before it's pulled?

Single worst thing to come into the live spectacle in my lifetime. And the longer this carnage continues, the more it'll turn people off going the match.

I think I need to sleep before I even begin to look at the RIDICULOUS 2019 we've just completed and the new records piled up today.

The worst implementation of VAR in all of Europe even though they've had an extra year to prepare and study all the problems compared to most other leagues.

Unbelievable.

Just where to begin on our 2019? An annus mirabilis unparalleled, in it's relentless, record-breaking consistency, in this Country's most decorated clubs storied 127-year history.

You wait 7-years for a trophy. And then 'BOOM', 3 of them are bagged in 7 months. And in so doing, become the first British side to hold all 3 UEFA/ FIFA Majors, the Champions League, Super Cup and Club World Club at the same time.

From the best side in all of Europe. To the best side in the whole of the World. To a side on the precipice of ending 30-years wait to add a 19th English title. And doing so with such a ridiculous consistency barely before seen not only at Anfield but in the entire history of the English top-flight-

37 league games played over the course of 2019.
31 wins, 5 draws, and a solitary defeat to open the year at City last January 3. Scoring 88 goals and conceding just 28. Keeping 15 clean-sheets in the process.
98 points out of a possible 111 available. An absurd standard that completely obliterates anything else in Europe's top 5 leagues of the Calendar year. (In PL terms, that' s 6 more points than City who have played 1 game more over the duration.).
An average of 2.65 per game. The highest in the clubs entire history. (In the PL era, only Mourinho's 2005 Chelsea side have averaged a higher points-per-game total with 2.66. .1 from 1 more game played.).
And the second-highest points total over a full year LFC have ever accumulated. (1982. But those 107 points came over 46 games. 9 more games than the 2019 vintage have played. ).
In the PL era, only Utd in 1993 (102 points from 43 games/ 4 more points from 6 more games), and Chelsea in 2005 (101 points from 38 games/ 3 more points from 1 more game), have collected more points over a full calendar year.

To go from putting up the fourth-highest total points in English top-flight history last season, agonisingly falling short by a single point of a PL/ European Champions League double, to then turn around and not only maintain those historically high standards this season, but the raise the bar even further to nigh on perfection levels at halfway (P 19 W 18 D 1 L 0 F 47 A 14), leading to a gigantic 13/14 point lead (depending on whether you consider Leicester or City the second-best in the Country), with a game in hand, is just mind-blowingly outstanding. Whilst many expected L'pool to slip backwards, and City to power on to a third straight title, the converse has happened with Guardiola's outstanding Champions regressing as Klopp's ' Mantality Monster' Reds surge on showing a hunger, determination and unprecedented work ethic to settle for nothing less than a win every time they take to the field like we've never been privileged to witness before.

2 years ago City raised the bar to absurd levels. Which in turn forced Liverpool to raise their standards to match that. And now they've smashed completely through that bar and taken it on to astronomical levels which even City and all their millions can't keep pace with.

The manager is rightly keeping everything grounded as he says the right things. But this awesome gang of Reds aren't so much having a title race as a record-breaking one-team procession to the finish line. As exemplified in glorious technicolour with their absolute decimation of the leagues second-placed team, in their own house, down at Leicester last Thursday in as close to a complete, dominant perfection as you could ever wish to see. From a side that is now as close to perfection as it possibly could be. That can beat you any which way you chose to set up against them. As they invariably do 99 times out of 100. A squad full of ridiculous quality and desire. Who are totally unified as one. Lead by the best Coach currently working in World Football who has fostered that unity to an extent that the connection between fans, players and manager has never been as high in my lifetime. And something that the club hasn't experienced on that level since the days of the great man who the German is cut from the exact same cloth. Bill Shankly.

Yesterday's winning end to 2019 against Wolves also brought around the 50th consecutive unbeaten league game at the now properly restored and then some 'Fortress Anfield' -

P 50 W 40 D 10 F 130 A 29 With 28 clean-sheets in there for good measure.
The last time L'pool lost at home in the PL is approaching 3 years ago. April 23, 2017. Crystal Palace. 1-2.

This all now equates to the third-longest unbeaten home run in English top-flight history. We are now chasing our own club record of 63 games unbeaten (1978-1980), and Chelsea's stupendous record Mourinho's first go-around of 86. (2004-2208.).

The club, in 4 and a half short years under Klopp, has turned around from the darkest of depths to now the highest of highs that has them currently THAT far ahead of every other club in World football it's not even funny. With the football club, on. most every level, as well run and front leading as it's ever been in its entire history. With the REALLY frightening thing, for every other club/ opposition fan out there, that they've nowhere near reached their ceiling with still LEVELS to come yet from this already historically outstanding gang of Reds.

2019 was a year, for those of a Red persuasion, that was off the charts brilliant. With the prospects of 2020 topping even that with the biggest party anyone has ever seen looming as the 30-year title drought ending is in sight. Coupled with the defence of the European Cup that wouldn't surprise anyone if it rolled all the way to the Istanbul final in May. Lest we forget that Klopp has the mind-blowing record of never having lost a two-legged European tie as manager of LFC. Going to three straight finals from three European campaigns with the Reds. It'd be a VERY brave man to bet against him making 4, and a stupendous 3rd consecutive appearance in the biggest game of all by the banks of the Bosporus in 5 months. Everyone will be together in one facility come the summer when the £50 million Kirkby redevelopment is complete and we move into that state of the art homage to a training facility. With the next stage of the ground redevelopment then kicking into gear with the Road End upgrade. And Minamino the first of what is only now the very best in players that can upgrade on what we currently have from January 1in another testament to a man who has been equally as instrumental in returning this majestic football club back onto it's lofty perch above all others. The man who's at the top of his own individual field of football recruitment, Michael Edwards.

We've conquered all of Europe. Added World domination to that. The domestic rule is waiting to be crowned ..... Everything is set up for a new L'pool dynasty with no club outside of City showing any signs of remotely challenging these lads.

We've gone from one end of the spectrum to the other through this last decade. With the 2020's fixing to be one of the most enjoyable and trophy-laden yet we've ever experienced.

What a time to be alive. What a time to be one of Jurgens Reds!

Happy NY friends. We're only just getting started!

Last edited:
You win the Club World Cup, you then earn the right to wear the special FIFA Golden Badge on your shirts from the day you win it up until the final of the next year's tournament. It's part of the honour and prestige that goes along with the CWC. As we will now do in all our Champions League matches going forward.

You would think that would be pushed front and centre by the PL as a genuine source of pride over the rest of the World at one of their marquee clubs becoming World Champions .....

P2019-12-07-Liverpool_Wolves-28.jpg

But this is sadly the parochial PL. And in keeping with the insular, F up Country it represents, yesterday's game was the only time, domestically (unless the club appeal for FA Cup dispensation), that the golden World Champions badge will be on display on our shirt. (And we had to appeal to even get that!).

ANY other Country, no less one that's ALL about the money and marketing possibilities as this. would be pushing the pride of the achievement of their premier club on the World stage. ANY other Country that is except this one.

Betting firms/ Beer advertising et al- Perfectly acceptable additions to PL football shirts.

Showcasing you're Champions of the World- Not so much.

Absolute joke of a situation. We'll just have to remind everyone ourselves every week .....

'And now you're gonna' believe ussssssss, We're Champions of the WORLD!'