The Liverpool Thread

I love the respect from the RBS Sporting Director about how honoured they are at our interest.

Another classy, classy touch after playing 'YNWA' after the game Tuedsay.

Really pulling for Salzburg the Europa League after how brilliantly welcoming and friendly they were to us. Which was the exact same after in defeat.

I am actually ecstatic that we are picking up Minamino. I said to my mate at work after the first Salzburg game he looked like a quality player and would love to sign him. Maybe my love of all things Japanese swayed my judgement! Is he the first Japanese player to play for us?
I might be wrong but he might be the first East Asian player to play for us.

1380BBDB-45CB-47C9-A131-77A1B4CFA21F.png

So, after the worst possible start to a Friday EVER! (If you think the ‘70/‘80/‘90’s were bad under Thatcher and Tebbit, you ain’t seen NOTHING yet! This is the most right wing bunch we’ve EVER seen), step forward the Germans to flip it on its head and make this the BEST Friday ever!

Soz abar us if this isn’t your manager!

So, after the worst possible start to a Friday EVER! (If you think the ‘70/‘80/‘90’s were bad under Thatcher and Tebbit, you ain’t seen NOTHING yet! This is the most right wing bunch we’ve EVER seen), step forward the Germans to flip it on its head and make this the BEST Friday ever!

Soz abar us if this isn’t your manager!
Just the pick me up needed after the disaster of yesterday we get Klopp for a further two years. That will take him to 9 years at the club if im right which is the longest he has spent at one club?. Now time for Pep to commit to City and not run off like he usually does at the first sign of trouble. Competition is needed otherwise Klopp will sweep the whole lot.

Just the pick me up needed after the disaster of yesterday we get Klopp for a further two years. That will take him to 9 years at the club if im right which is the longest he has spent at one club?. Now time for Pep to commit to City and not run off like he usually does at the first sign of trouble. Competition is needed otherwise Klopp will sweep the whole lot.

I don't think there's ANY coincidence that they announced that this morning knowing how down everyone was after last nights carnage. Perfectly timed pick-me-up.

Still absolutely buzzing off that, Longest time at any club, And you wouldn't bank on it being his last contract either. People hate to read how special this football club and City is but a glowing testament to that is how Jurgen's been head-over-heels in love here since day 1. We just fit each other like a glove.

And as if the last few days couldn't get much better football-wise .....

2-year extension for just about the most perfect model pro you could wish to have on your books!

Last edited:
I don't think there's ANY coincidence that they announced that this morning knowing how down everyone was after last nights carnage.

Still absolutely buzzing off that, Longest time at any club, And you wouldn't bank on it being his last contract either. People hate to read how special this football club and City is but a glowing testament to that is how Jurgen's been head-over-heels in love here since day 1. We just fit each other like a glove.

And as if the last few days couldn't get much better football-wise .....

2-year extension for just about the most perfect model pro I've ever known!

It gets better ******* love Millie he is a testament to you can teach an old dog new tricks. He went from a headless chicken in the middle of the park to someone you can rely on to put in an excellent shift in any position. Wonderful news.

Ahahahahahaha.

Just run into a blue mate in town .....

(Paraphrasing) 'Alright lad. How's things?' ..... 'S. We're looking at emigrating' ..... 'Really? What's up Joe?' ..... 'You btards! As if another decade under the Torries isn't bad enough, you have to go really kill it by extending him yesterday. Another L'pool dynasty dominating everything for the next 10 years? F staying here for that!'

And he was serious bless him. I was howling.

Up the P boiling Reds

Story of the team news is Neco Williams on the bench.

Hardest 18 in all of Europe to break into and this class' development is starting to really show with another one cracking the bench.

Awesome experience for the teenager.

Into this shower of utter S Redmen!

VARmpit strikes again.

VAR and rules that need amending.

VAR yet again took away the very essence of what the games all about- instant emotion in the moment. After a real slog where we had to dig in and battle hard, the relief of Mo's second ..... wasn't. The few minute delay whilst they decided whatever the F it was they were deciding just killed the whole moment and then you're like 'meh, that's that then. Blow up and let's get off.' With barely a cheer raised.

Just completely kills the joy of live sport.

And there needs to be a serious review and amendment to this offside carnage. Yes, Sadio was off under the current directive. But how many ridiculous 'armpit' overturns has there been already this season?his bizarre need to take everything to the minute of details is beyond ridiculous and flys totally against the spirit of the rules.

That was a battle huh? One of them where we just weren't totally on it and had to really dig in and battle to get the win. But as happens 9 times out of 10, this ridiculous L'pool side play a game of football. And this ridiculous Liverpool side invariably find a way to win a game of football. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat etc etc.

Club record start to a season. 46 points (out of 48) from the opening 16 games. Beating the previous record of 42. They're just flat out taking the P now.

49 home league games in a row unbeaten and counting. (39 wins/ 10 draws.).

Club record unbeaten streak in the league extended to 33 games and counting. (28 wins/ 5 draws.).

Since the opening day of last season, that's now 143 points in the PL. 13 more than City over that span. 54 games/ 1 loss. (45 wins/ 8 draws.). Wow. Just read that again. Like WOW!!!!! If City were the best PL side ever the last two years, just what are this gang of historically off the charts Reds? Awesome doesn't even begin to describe them. Fast becoming the greatest team not only in our illustrious history but what English football's ever seen. And nowhere near their brilliant best which is making this all the more astonishing. (And frightening for every other club knowing there are a few more levels to come.).

League put to bed for Chrimbo and now the mad week of two games, on two different continents, in two different competitions, in two days. Hopefully leading to a League Cup semi and L'pool 'officially 'being crowned the best side in the entire World with their 2nd trophy out of three attempts thus far this season.

Is it Tuesday night yet?

Up the Incredible Reds!

Hugely important win before the next 2 weeks crazy fixtures.

Hugely important win before the next 2 weeks crazy fixtures.

Talking of, Jurgen being Jurgen and telling both FIFA and UEFA straight the end of yesterday's presser-

'Absolute bollocks' doesn't begin to start on the latest CL expansion ideas.

Yanno, relaxing watching games today brings home just HOW far we’ve left everyone completely behind in a little over 4 short years under Jurgen.

After the first game, Utd and Everton, COMBINED, are STILL 6 points behind us.

Real hard to justify either of them as even rivals any more as they drop further and further behind. (As P poor as what we’ve been, we’ve never been THIS far out of first after 17 games.).

Ridiculous turn around from what he inherited. A new era of Red dominance is upon us as our cycle is here again.

Last edited:
Atletico. Back to the scene of the crime. Most flights are from down South but meh, it's Madrid!

Well happy with that.

Last edited: