The Liverpool Thread

Haha. Not quite the brilliant Torres ad that will never be topped from way back when but a strong start to the partnership from Nike.

I love that slogan. 'Tell us never ..... It's already done!' Encompasses the ethos of the City perfectly.

I'd not even been thinking about Wijnaldum entering his final year until you posed the question mate but yeah, I think you answered your own question. If he's still here after this window then he'll be extending. Edwards isn't losing out on him. My gut is he'll extend to give us the safe-guard of the sell-on value the next few years whilst still having his worth to ourselves now like they do with most everyone. Lovren being the most recent example.
I think if he doesn't extend by the end of this window or somewhere along those lines. No way the club would keep him on as he can be sold for a good fee currently. Imo Thiago coming in will depend on Gini extending or not.

I don't normally comment on 'rumours', as ourselves and Utd are used by every player/ agent/ club under the sun to drum up interest and every IT(not so much)K journo going for guaranteed clicks more than any two football clubs out there.

But 'if' the Jamal Lewis rumours are true, and someone like Reddy doesn’t go all-in unless she’s sure she’s watertight sourced, then I think we have every chance of having the top two LB’s in the league within a couple of years and Andy Robbo will have serious competition for his place. He brings the same skill set at the same stage of development (a year younger specifically) as he did when he came from Hull. Put that under Jürgen/ Pep and co and the prospects are mouth-watering. He's on a similar trajectory to our boss Scot and Anfield is the perfect place for him to fulfil that.

Tempering it as it still needs to happen but the thought of that addition, at another stupidly cheap price, into an already really strong, young FB group proper excites me.

I don't normally comment on 'rumours', as ourselves and Utd are used by every player/ agent/ club under the sun to drum up interest and every IT(not so much)K journo going for guaranteed clicks more than any two football clubs out there.

But 'if' the Jamal Lewis rumours are true, and someone like Reddy doesn’t go all-in unless she’s sure she’s watertight sourced, then I think we have every chance of having the top two LB’s in the league within a couple of years and Andy Robbo will have serious competition for his place. He brings the same skill set at the same stage of development (a year younger specifically) as he did when he came from Hull. Put that under Jürgen/ Pep and co and the prospects are mouth-watering. He's on a similar trajectory to our boss Scot and Anfield is the perfect place for him to fulfil that.

Tempering it as it still needs to happen but the thought of that addition, at another stupidly cheap price, into an already really strong, young FB group proper excites me.
Reading what Norwich fans have said hasn't got me hope up. Also from watching him he looks extremely raw but so did Robbo so I guess I can't complain.

Nikes ridiculous Worldwide reach in evidence already-

The marketing potential with their cross-range of World-class sports and music stars is frightening. To strike the deal they have and put the revenue stream from that back in our own hands is a masterstroke from the owners.

And with early sale projections blowing away even what Nike predicted in less than a week, there's every chance we'll be joining Spains big two and topping the £100 million mark every season from the kit deal.

As much as I dislike it, football is the biggest of big business' as much as it a sport today and this belter partnership is another massive step into the real big leagues on that score.

WOOT! Official £10 million bid in for Andy Robbo MKII trajectory from Norwich.

This makes me super excited.

This street arts getting better with each one.

Two all-time great L'pool captains side-by-side from one title to the next-

874A3A42-58CD-4D49-B13D-6EB3420F335B.jpeg

Last edited:
Never heard of him?

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Kostas Tsimikas will be soon in UK to sign as new Liverpool player. He’s going to sign until June 2025. Contract details and then... here-we-go ?? #LFC #transfers

Never heard of him?

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Kostas Tsimikas will be soon in UK to sign as new Liverpool player. He’s going to sign until June 2025. Contract details and then... here-we-go ?? #LFC #transfers

Romano? He's an irritating gobshite who thinks he's ITK on everyone.

Not really. But that’s your choice if you think he’s realisable or not. Do you know anything about your new signing?

We haven't made any signings yet outside of a couple of Polish 16-year-olds and a replacement physio.. ;)

The Greek fella got rave reviews for totally boxing Traore off the other night but outside of that, I'd never heard of him until a week or two back. But 'if' he's actually on the shortlist, let alone about to be signed or not, then sound. Anybody Edwards and his team deem perfect for us is all anyone needs to know.

We'll see what the next few days bring.

We haven't made any signings yet outside of a couple of Polish 16-year-olds and a replacement physio.. ;)

The Greek fella got rave reviews for totally boxing Traore off the other night but outside of that, I'd never heard of him until a week or two back. But 'if' he's actually on the shortlist, let alone about to be signed or not, then sound. Anybody Edwards and his team deem perfect for us is all anyone needs to know..

We'll see what the next few days bring.
First I have heard of him tbh. From what a few people of said looks like could be a interesting prospect. See in the last hour Joyce, Ducker, Pearce have all reported the same thing and Reddy liked Pearce tweet. Will keep an eye on him if he does sign as he sounds promising

Last edited:
First I have heard of him tbh. From what a few people of said looks like could be a interesting prospect. See in the last hour Joyce, Ducker, Pearce have all reported the same thing and Reddy liked Pearce tweet. Will keep an eye on him if he does sign as he sounds promising

Listening to two separate Greeks earlier, along with looking into him this evening, he would appear to be very similar to Andy Robertson. With the caveat of the Greek Super League isn't the PL. But again, the bottom line is if Edwards and his team have identified him from their exhaustive research, he'll be as good as anything we could possibly get to fit exactly what we do. Our recruitment is that far ahead of the curve to most every other club out there now it's not even funny.

I feel bad for Lewis as he openly had his heart set on coming. And I personally think he has everything, under the right coaching, to be as good as he wants to be. But if Norwich feel they can get more for him than we value him at right now, fair F's to them. I hope they do for them as a Championship club carrying three first-team LB's seems overkill. But I'm perfectly sound with Tsimikas in the knowledge that both our recruitment and coaching is second to none.

The great thing is we aren't F around. We know what we need and we're straight out to get them. If the price isn't right in this new COVID World, we'll quickly switch to the next on the list. And we're in the enviable position that we really don't need to spend much of anything. Just a few additions to depth. If the right players there. Whereas every other club, City included, have big holes all over that they need to address.

You look at this window, and the only two areas we really needed to address was LB competiton, which they've seemingly done. And a replacement for Lovren at CH. Sidenote- I'm pretty certain had COVID not hit, we'd have gone big on another front three addition and Sancho would now be here. I know we disagree and I don't think he's leaving BVB this summer, but if Utd want him, you HAVE to get him now. Because if we had been involved, Utd wouldn't have a chance. We are now to you what you were to us under Ferguson. We both go in for someone like him, there's only one outcome. That's how far apart the switch has become between the two clubs. But COVID has hit so you have a free run at it this window. Or the next 24 hours before the deadline is up. And that's taken out L'pool going big so I can't see any additions coming in up-front as there's nobody that fits that improves the squad.

So LB sorted. Then a CH to fill the Lovren void. And we're great to go again next year.

Tsimikas would appear to be a great start.

Listening to two separate Greeks earlier, along with looking into him this evening, he would appear to be very similar to Andy Robertson. With the caveat of the Greek Super League isn't the PL. But again, the bottom line is if Edwards and his team have identified him from their exhaustive research, he'll be as good as anything we could possibly get to fit exactly what we do. Our recruitment is that far ahead of the curve to most every other club out there now it's not even funny.

I feel bad for Lewis as he openly had his heart set on coming. And I personally think he has everything, under the right coaching, to be as good as he wants to be. But if Norwich feel they can get more for him than we value him at right now, fair F's to them. I hope they do for them as a Championship club carrying three first-team LB's seems overkill. But I'm perfectly sound with Tsimikas in the knowledge that both our recruitment and coaching is second to none.

The great thing is we aren't F around. We know what we need and we're straight out to get them. If the price isn't right in this new COVID World, we'll quickly switch to the next on the list. And we're in the enviable position that we really don't need to spend much of anything. Just a few additions to depth. If the right players there. Whereas every other club, City included, have big holes all over that they need to address.

You look at this window, and the only two areas we really needed to address was LB competiton, which they've seemingly done. And a replacement for Lovren at CH. Sidenote- I'm pretty certain had COVID not hit, we'd have gone big on another front three addition and Sancho would now be here. I know we disagree and I don't think he's leaving BVB this summer, but if Utd want him, you HAVE to get him now. Because if we had been involved, Utd wouldn't have a chance. We are now to you what you were to us under Ferguson. We both go in for someone like him, there's only one outcome. That's how far apart the switch has become between the two clubs. But COVID has hit so you have a free run at it this window. Or the next 24 hours before the deadline is up. And that's taken out L'pool going big so I can't see any additions coming in up-front as there's nobody that fits that improves the squad.

So LB sorted. Then a CH to fill the Lovren void. And we're great to go again next year.

Tsimikas would appear to be a great start.
Maybe its because I'm tired but he reminded me of a greek robbo full of energy and all action. Feel for Jamal Lewis this would have been a great oppurtunity for him but the greek fella is probably the better choice as Lewis is extremely raw and would require more coaching.

Maybe its because I'm tired but he reminded me of a greek robbo full of energy and all action. Feel for Jamal Lewis this would have been a great oppurtunity for him but the greek fella is probably the better choice as Lewis is extremely raw and would require more coaching.
Like Grealish looks like Norwich are pricing him and some of there players out of a move. Feel for both really.

Like Grealish looks like Norwich are pricing him and some of there players out of a move. Feel for both really.

It’s utterly mad because COVID has completely changed what many clubs can do financially.

L’pool are estimated to be losing over a million every home game right now for example and are taking a far more pragmatic approach to keeping everything balanced in the market. And we’ll find the same when clubs buy from ourselves..For example players that have no future here they’ve made clear they won’t loan again they’ll have to adjust what they would have sold them for. Harry Wilson say ..... there was a rumoured £23 million obligation to buy in last years Bournemouth loan that depended on Bournemouth staying up. Which in the mad market as was, was probably cheaper than someone would have paid. I’d imagine we could have bagged £25/30 million in a ‘normal’ window. Now, Leeds or who ever will probably get him fit £15/20 million.

It’s a dangerous gamble by these clubs to hope someone will either panic into paying stupid money or they can ride out the pandemic a window or two until.finances start getting back to normality.

Like I said above, fair play to Norwich if they can get upwards of £20 million for Lewis. But it seems a BIG gamble to me when they could well be sat with 3 first-team calibre LB’s in the Championship.

All credit to Woodward and the Utd owners if they tell Villa where to go on that ridiculous WAY OTT valuation for Grealish too. And (you probably won’t agree as we all want better players improving our sides) if they can’t agree with BVB’s excessive demands for Sancho, before you even get to the rumoured massive salary package on top, I’d praise them again there too in this current, very unstable financial climate for being financially sensible and not being blackmailed into such a fee.

It’d be frustrating for you no doubt but even a traditionally financially strong club like Utd has to cut there cloth accordingly in totally unprecedented times like these. With the complete uncertainty as to how long they’ll last and just how much worse the immediate future may well become.

Last edited: