The Liverpool Thread

VERY few players in World football improve our first XI. Here is one of those rare players that actually do-

Arguably the biggest signing this club has ever made. Honestly. I can't think of many other occasions we've got a bona fide World-class player who's genuinely the best in his position in the World like this. For such a pittance as well.

Be nice if Thiago finally put an end to the anti-Fenway 'money ball' profile bunkum. Or the tired 'buy-to-sell' garbage. Or idiots screaming 'JUST PAY THE MONEY!'. When Edwards quietly goes about his thing and has Bayenr's pants down.

If the players right for us, irrespective of age/ standing/ price, we'll get them.

Football clubs on a whole other level now and it's just going to explode further the more leagues and European Cups they add again.

WOOT! Thiago registered in time for Chelsea Sunday. ??????

For what you are about to receive Fat Frank, we are NOT sorry!

Ki-Jana Hoever off to Wolves?

Can't say I've ever watched him but heard he's decent
Perks of having a top academy is you get great players coning through. Not so great perks is that if your a elite team there is no clear route for them to the first team. He is highly rated but I dont know if he will end up as a CB or RB. Jota rumoured the other way will be one heck of a signing. Excellent player and for the price quoted has to be one of mendes dodgy deals.

Jota has a similar profile to Mane when we signed him. Streaky player who is unplayable at his best but goes missing way too much. Legit can't wait to see how he develops under Klopp.

So this would be L’pool Football Club that won’t back the manager/ have no money/ buy-to-sell/ have no chance this season etc ad nauseam. As the rhetoric goes from those with a petty, ridiculous and totally ill-founded and wrong agenda.

Or to the rational among our number, that would be Liverpool Football Club that’s NEVER been in better hands with Fenway.

I’m actually more stoked about Jota than I was Thiago. (Who’s the best in the World in his position bar none.). As we mooted last night, opens up SO many more options, not least the next evolution of this side into more of a base 4-2-3-1. Where you could well play the front three and Diogo at the same time. Say he and Sadio wide coming in, Mo up top and Bobby in behind doing Bobby things like he does regardless. Add in Thiago’s vision behind that wherever you want to play him, and the rest of the leagues collective heart has just sunk knowing the team that were already LEVELS above them all has just moved even further away into the distance.

And what another stupendous deal from the football club. Only £ 4.1 million of that guaranteed £41 million having to be paid over the next 12 months. Which on top of only having to pay Bayern £5 million over the same period, is a dream scenario in these COVID uncertain times.

You then throw in Hoever and the 15% sell-on ..... As sorry as I am to see Ki leave, that’s outstanding business in itself to get that sizeable initial fee for an 18-year-old with next to no experience. (A nigh on £15 million profit for a mere 2 years or so coaching put into him.). And then 15% of any future sale for a footballer with a big future who could well be a £40/50 million player if he fulfils his tremendous natural ability and expected potential.

Shame to see Hoever leave. But Neco had well supplanted him as the de facto RB challenge/ cover to Trent. And we have a whole host of other super promising defenders in the Academy ranks right now to not really feel losing one.

All in all, to flip Ki for Jota is a complete no-brainier for me.

To do it on such a superb double deal is just awesome.

Adding Wolves best player 3 of the last 4 seasons. Along with the best deep lying midfield playmaker in World football? To what was already the best squad in the Country? *Salivating!!!!!

On and off the pitch, Liverpool Football Club is in the RIGHT hands!

Bring on the rent boys and the next step to #20!

Don’t normally bother commenting on the academy games but I thought Stoke had signed Pickford and his little arms there.

2 goals direct from a corner (albeit in the Kirkby wind), from the same player.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

Don’t normally bother commenting on the academy games but I thought Stoke had signed Pickford and his little arms there.

2 goals direct from a corner (albeit in the Kirkby wind), from the same player.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.
What’s the score mate?

Classy way to depart.

All the best mate. Keep working hard and Nuno will see you continue on your upward trajectory to a good career.

1600519782608.png

The most impressive part about this signing is the efficiency in which it has been done.

Jota is a great TEAM player, works his socks off and always been a nuisance when we've played Wolves.

Not a game-changer per se like Shaqiri when he has a world-class moments out of nothing and then does nothing for the next few games. Someone you can expect consistently good performances and a perfect player for Klopp sadly :D