The Liverpool Thread

It's Matip I'm more worried about the guy can't stay fit. I think we will be fine without Virgil for the season this is still a title-winning squad but next summer I think a CB target will be no.1 priority. I'll take one upemacano thank you.

Well, as I type all three CH's are fit and healthy so pointless worrying about what may or may not happen mate.

I don't think this league will last a full 38 games but it's pointless worrying about that too.

Could nick someone like Pepé from Portugal for a couple of months in January as a little stop-gap? Thiago Silva would've been ideal if it was the summer.
Liverpool are not that stupid to go for Thiago Silva especially on his wage. There a well run club

Liverpool are not that stupid to go for Thiago Silva especially on his wage. There a well run club

Even madder was they made him Captain before he'd even played a game. A lad that can't speak a word of English to boot!

For all I skit Solksjaer, he's got NOTHING on Lampard's base incompetence.

Even madder was they made him Captain before he'd even played a game. A lad that can't speak a word of English to boot!

For all I skit Solksjaer, he's got NOTHING on Lampard's base incompetence.
Yep. Signing didn’t make one bit of sense to me. Then to top it off like you say by giving him the captaincy. Seen him play one game which he was absolutely awful and now he’s injured.

Yep. Signing didn’t make one bit of sense to me. Then to top it off like you say by giving him the captaincy. Seen him play one game which he was absolutely awful and now he’s injured.
They play a high line with him, despite the fact that he struggled with that at PSG - heck, he dropped back and had a very mobile Marquinhos to cover for him. Signing him made little sense even beyond the obvious high wages.

That was to be expected, the ref saw it and let it go, so they can't punish Pickford as per the rules.

I absolutely LOVED Jürgen calling out the bitter blue shithouse Carragher the presser. That's been LONG needed.

And I loved how he was taking no **** off anyone and was as deadpan feisty as he's ever been.

Whilst everyone is laughing at us and so-called L'pool 'fans' (term used VERY loosely given how insulting and disingenuous they are to the World Class manager, coaching staff and players at Anfield if they think this squad is done for the season losing ONE player,) are having a petulant schoolie hissy fit meltdown, it's time to batten down the hatches and go full Ferguson and his historically great Utd sides 'Us against the F WORLD!!!!!' siege mentality.

I like our chances!

The Ev's yardogs have just made everyone's life twice as hard. As if L'pool weren't good enough to start with, a totally angry. ****** off gang of Reds is an animal nobody wants to face!

Up the F Mentality Monster Reds!

Excellent, professional display that in the driving Amsterdam rain. Job done!

We're F without big Virg, right? Defended superbly all night to shut utter gobshites like Carragher right up! Telling yer, Fabinho and JMG are as good a partnership as anything in this league. And as for Adrián .....

That's 15 wins out of 22 games with him in our nets now. (68% win percentage.).
35 conceded- 7 at Villa which skews that. (With over half those games, 12, he's let in a goal or less a game.)
4 clean-sheets.

'Absolutely ***** that lad! / Season's over with him in nets!/ Bin him NOW!!!!!' ..... Thankfully Klopp isn't a reactionary *******. Played his part with a great display in ensuring a clean-sheet and a brilliant start to the group.

All 5 subs used. Front three off after an hour for Taki/ big Shaq and Jota. BOSS squad depth. And big Rhys Williams getting on the last 4 minutes to see it out with 3 towering headers. From the Conference North last year to playing at the very highest level in Europe this. Boys own stuff.

ALL that matters in group play is getting enough points to progress, And that's about as professional, solid a start as we could wish for away to one of the two teams who'll be battling out second in this group.

Enjoyed that. Just gutting we aren't now set to while the night away in the Dam. ****** COVID!!!!!

Up the European F Royalty Reds!

Last edited:
Another thing from the return of the CL that was so refreshing ..... the ability to use 5 substitutes. How good was that?

When UEFA cares more about player welfare than the English clubs who employ them, then you know you have a SERIOUS problem. Most every league in Europe still realises the inherent need for 5 from 20 in these unprecedented times playing havoc with the calendar. Yet the smaller PL clubs swayed the vote to send us back to 3 from 18. *Sighs. The continued, self-serving mentality of the English game. Yet us and Utd are the 'big bad bully boys' only out for ourselves right? *Eye roll.

I LOVED how Jürgen utilised all 5 subs for the benefit of the squad and game last night BTW. Sensible change at half-time to box the midfield gaps off with the captain. (Anyone that STILL doesn't understand the massive importance of Jordan I'm past trying to educate them. They are beyond hope with their mad agendas.) Then a show of our ridiculous strength in depth by being able to comfortably give all the front a rest the last half hour and not see any drop off with the 3 that replaced them. (Just HOW superb football players are Taki and Jota BTW? Outstanding pick-ups the pair who allow far more scope for rotation among the front three. Origi's days are getting more and more numbered finally.). And then Rhys at the end to solidify the 3 points.

Wilder's heart must have sunk seeing Bobby, Mo and Sadio get the last half-hour off in view of Saturday night and L'pool not missing a beat.

What the actual ****?! HOW IS THAT EVEN A FOUL!? LET ALONE IN THE AREA

1603567086110.png

Like, are my eyes broken?