The Liverpool Thread

1602937702038.png

God I hope it aint a season ender. His knees were locked when the challenge came flying in.

I hate to nark on VAR as we know it’s completely F’ed but I honestly don’t know what the point of it is if you don’t call that?

He was on but regardless, that’s just shockingly reckless, dangerous play from Pickford.

They be just drawing lines randomly using paint in the VAR room it seems.

Life's pretty F ***** in L'pool at the minute. We're not only in the highest tier of COVID restrictions, we've been, yet again, completely polarised and treated differently by the shithouse Tory Government who aren't applying the same restrictions to other regions in the same Tier 3.

The only bit of relief right now is the football. So you get a Derby that, for the first time in decades, has actual National significance on it and both sets of supporters absolutely buzzing going in. And then you get that absolute joke of an officiating display that just adds to the utter frustration of life at the minute when you should be on cloud 9 celebrating another well deserved Derby victory.

I'm usually loath to nark at VAR being as everyone knows it's an utter joke. Some weeks it F's you over. Other weeks it'll go for you and F the opposition over. But you can't get away from it today ...... First, you have the T-rex armed freak somehow staying on the park when he should have had a straight red and a penalty been awarded for a 2 goal lead. Complete game-changer right there. 6 mins in! Even if van Dijk was off (he clearly wasn't), just HOW in the World do you not call that for reckless and dangerous play? Despicable conclusion from those on the technology.

And then to somehow call back the winner for off-side ..... Honestly, what is the point in VAR? And the argument it's the operators failing it is past being redundant when nottin's changing and the same scandalous, VERY costly mistakes are repeatedly happening. Its absolute carnage and it's completely and utterly destroying the game.

And Everton can completely get to F as well! Horrible, snide, nasty shithouses! Yard dogs like Ferguson and Royal were the 'Dogs of War.' Ancelotti's supposed to be the aristocrat. But he's no F better! Aside from the Pickford disgrace, James and Allan are just horrible lil' rats. Before you even get to the snide **** Richarlison. Just P poor from them.

Although even given all that I'm not sure how we didn't comfortably win that one? Just two terrible defensive mistakes which was pretty much all they created, Whilst Pickford is left on to make a couple of belting saves among a slew of great chances missed.

Life was frustrating enough before today and that shambolic carnage that they turned that game into hasn't helped the mood at all.

Up the robbed blind Reds!

Last edited:
VAR will only be as good as the individuals who are handling it. In this case the corrupt PGMOL, it needs an external body running it for me. That offside call at the end. How the **** are you meant to determine the exact moment the ball left thiagos foot. You just can't. If you can't tell its offside from the get go and it requires drawing multiple lines, go with the onfield decision.

Edit: there's a massive margin of error deciding when the ball leaves a player's foot and then you add calculating offsides by a mm. I don't think it can be done.

Should have a top-down camera for these decicions, otherwise drawing the line creates a misleading perspective.