The Liverpool Thread

Do me a favour mate, as I just refuse to watch their blatant agenda bias. But see if Shearer and co on MOTD say that's a clear penalty as it was an English CF who took the dive.

That's rhetorical BTW as it would be a shock if they didn't.

Woe betide if it had been the dirty Arab up the other end of the pitch like. But I digress .....

As you were.
Do you hear yourself?

He's using the same "sources" to determine both "statements".

You brought his views on today into it.

I just said he was a great source for correlating everything to do with VAR after every matchday.

*Edit* Oh, and gave an example of that with the overturn numbers. Being as we're apparently having trouble following posts we'll clear that up here and now.

I'm confused. Are both "statements" his view?

You aren't the only one .....

Yes. They're all on the Twitter feed you put up the post from.

You posted his view on the penalty. I posted as an example to Anthony, in a separate conversation, how he'd added the outcome of that incident to the running total ESPN are keeping on all facets of VAR this year.

I'm not determing 'both' statements as I never commented on your posting of his Tweet.

So b

That's the context you seek Anthony mate. He's superb to follow on Twitter after every round of games for the league-wide VAR carnage and stats.

But it just is what it is. Again, I wouldn't personally go down that rabbit hole of thinking there's a concerted effort going on against us among the officials. They are just rank bad period in most every game across the whole league.

Fate has dealt us this hand this year and we have to play it.

So by his count doesnt matter if it was the correct call, just a negative if it goes against you. correct or not.

Ok, that's clear for me now.
Also, whats a negative VAR decision? VAR decision that doesn't get overturned?

Now I'm lost. VAR said that wasn't a pen and ref still awarded a pen? VAR's a gift that keeps on giving.

Ok, that's clear for me now.
Also, whats a negative VAR decision? VAR decision that doesn't get overturned?

Negative is a decision that goes to VAR you dont get.

Ref blows for offside. VAR says you wanna check. Ref says nah i got it right. AGAINST.

ESPN said he was called to VAR to check for a card, not the giving of the Pen. Not seen it confirmed anywhere else though, post match

ESPN said he was called to VAR to check for a card, not the giving of the Pen. Not seen it confirmed anywhere else though, post match

It's all confusing as all heck but I don't think that's what they're saying exactly. The top Tweet is his view on the incident, the below one is what the VAR intervention was and then what he thinks they missed after that. Unless I'm missing something?

So hes marked it against even though its he agrees its correct. He'd have also counted an against if they correctly sent him off as well.

Great system of counting these. :LOL:

That's the madness of VAR in a nutshell. They're the ones intervening in the first place. 'Supposedly for 'clear and obvious' decisions.

It's not always something you agree with but it's the best, impartial research I've seen into this carnage. They explain every decision under the rules. Then the VAR side and collate straight up off that.

Related to the VAR carnage, the 'clear and obvious' bunkum they sold the concept of the technology on and now completely ignore is one of the biggest on-going issues/ contradictions.

Some refs would see that as a penalty as Kavanagh did today. Others wouldn't. Which you can live with even if you don't agree with whatever outcome. So why VAR is getting involved one way or the other 'advising' the opposite, when it's ambiguous enough to not be 'clear and obvious' in the first place? If that's flagged up by VAR as a 'clear and obvious' mistake by the on-pitch official, and then the official can still overrule VAR, what is the exact point of the technology to begin with?

The whole job lot is severely flawed.

Having slept on what is, personally speaking, the worst possible loss we can ever have in this or any other season, I honestly feel as sound now on things as I did after the game yesterday. A most surprising emotion having finally experienced a Derby loss again but then what exactly can you do except shrug your shoulders and heartily laugh at the absolute absurdity of a season like no other in living memory. Through which, absolutely everything continues to conspire against you game-on-game?

Neither ourselves nor Everton was great yesterday. But all that said, you have a typical Derby, playing out in horrendous conditions, before the added context of events that just sum up L'pool's season perfectly.

Of ALL the players to go down injured, it just had the be our most senior CH yet again didn’t it? That's the top 5 in the position all sidelined now. Leading to the 14rh different pairing through a mere 25 PL games. And 18th through all comps. Unprecedented madness. And the irony of losing the captain, who isn’t even currently afforded to his natural role in the midfield, when you finally have another key midfielder, Keita, returning to the match-day squad, just adds to the all-out absurdity! One in. One out. Story of the season.

Yet another jaw-dropping VAR controversy that was a totally mad on-field officiating decision, to begin with for me. But regardless of the rights or wrongs of it, when have you seen VAR flag up what they deem a reffing mistake, only for the ref to STiLL overrule them and stick to his original decision?!!!!! If something can transpire against us this season, it invariably will.

And it was good of T-Rex arms to remember he's a goalie for the first time in like forever and make 2 or 3 top drawer saves. When has the little armed freak EVER done that before?

All just sums up the maddest of mad years where fate/ luck/ call it what you will, continues to deal us this hand of adversity to continually try overcome.

Been an interesting exercise, to me at least, in human psychology this AM to read all the media doom and gloom allied to the cliff jumping fume across SM. Whereas when you step back from the ledge, add actual context that's been beyond ridiculous in its extremes all year; you’re just left with shrugging your shoulders and laughing at the continued madness of season where everything that could go wrong, HAS gone wrong. Rather than madly fuming and fist banging the table at the cards we’ve been dealt and looking to blame anyone and everyone. When in context, the blame isn't warranted. It just is what it is a complete anomaly of a season.

Roll on this next week to see what ‘wonders’ the football Gods decide to throw up next in the path of the Champions.

You really have to just shrug and laugh at the complete absurdity of it all.

Up the ‘Who’s next up at CH?’ Reds!

The captain out for 6 weeks.

The laughter is a crescendo now. It's all you can do.

Up the 19th and counting different CH partnership Reds!

Is Jones considered a squad player/backup or 3rd string. backups backup.