The Liverpool Thread

Simon Hughes

@Simon_Hughes__

Mohamed Salah isn’t desperate to leave Liverpool but he is concerned the club might not see the future in the same way. Ramy Abbas will be at the centre of what happens next, the lawyer acting according to his client’s wishes. Just don’t call him an agent.

Mo Salah "took control of his own destiny" by swapping a global agency for a Leicester-educated lawyer. Ramy Abbas Issa appears to be orchestrating Salah's strategy of flirting with Spain's leading clubs while pushing for a new #LFC contract...

📝

@Simon_Hughes__

Simon Hughes
@Simon_Hughes__

Mohamed Salah isn’t desperate to leave Liverpool but he is concerned the club might not see the future in the same way. Ramy Abbas will be at the centre of what happens next, the lawyer acting according to his client’s wishes. Just don’t call him an agent.

Mo Salah "took control of his own destiny" by swapping a global agency for a Leicester-educated lawyer. Ramy Abbas Issa appears to be orchestrating Salah's strategy of flirting with Spain's leading clubs while pushing for a new #LFC contract...

📝

@Simon_Hughes__

Very disappointed in Si there.

Had a drink with him a few times over the years and always thought he was well better than that. Not only a piece based on absolutely nothing more than guess work and pure conjecture. But for it to be released the day of such a big game.

You expect that **** from Marca. Not one of your own.

*Removed down the cringe embarrassment of a few ____heads that don't know where the line is. 🤬

Last edited:

I don't quite get how Thiago doesn't start but made up to see Milner in there to get right on them and lead everyone else.

Quietly confident of a win at the least tonight. What that will ultimately result in time will tell.

Straight into these Redmen!

Europe. It's what we do!
Not the midfield I would've gone for but hey Klopp deserves the benefit of the doubt. It is what it is.

If Moyes is watching tonights game, I swear he's jacking off to the sheer number of crosses Liverpool are putting in.

If Moyes is watching tonights game, I swear he's jacking off to the sheer number of crosses Liverpool are putting in.
To be fair we have created excellent chances and should have probably scored one at the very least.

Excellent half that, that sets up the second.

Unlucky not to be on the scoresheet. Just a bounce of the ball here and there. Madrid are working hard but you feel if they conceded, panic will set in.

Keep working Reds. 90 mins. Bit more composure.

Yeah, its a great game of ball.
I'm multi screening. Enjoying the match and overclocking RAM on a Ryzen system.
A great nights entertainment :LOL:

Football reminding us what a harsh game it can be at times. Excellent effort from the Reds that deserved better but just wasn’t to be. Not quite clinical enough.

Full credit to Real. They worked their collective socks off too and defended superbly. Never a disgrace to go out to the 13 times Champions

Just like the Atleti home game last season, I couldn’t be prouder of my team.

We’ll get them next year. Still all to play for this season.

Up the ‘Pool. Mighty Reds!

To be fair we have created excellent chances and should have probably scored one at the very least.
One chance which Salah scores 9/10 times.

Somewhere in the corner, Andy Caroll is saying to himself that he's the perfect Klopp player.

First leg cost us and we gifted this poor Madrid side the tie. Different game if that Salah chance went in in the first min but oh well lets focus on top 4.

Really didn’t understand what you guys were trying to do that last 25. Madrid clearly packed the middle with Kroos, Modric, Casemiro not moving anywhere even when Madrid had the ball. And all you did was try playing/breaking them down through the middle. Bit baffling that you didn’t spread the pitch or at least get it wide and put some crosses in.

Btw if I was a Madrid fan Benzema would frustrate the **** out of me.

Really didn’t understand what you guys were trying to do that last 25. Madrid clearly packed the middle with Kroos, Modric, Casemiro not moving anywhere even when Madrid had the ball. And all you did was try playing/breaking them down through the middle. Bit baffling that you didn’t spread the pitch or at least get it wide and put some crosses in.

Looks like Tuchel aint the only German fraud. ;)

Be fair to Benzema he has to deal with the colossal that is Nat Philipps. Really impressed with him today positionally and especially on the ball. If only he had a smidgen of pace but he still positions himself excellently. Could save us some money in the summer defo. Agree Milner coming off lost us some control but he can't play a full 90 min anymore, Gini played quite decent but meh it is what it is.