The Liverpool Thread

Cynical of me to cash in on Mane whilst we can still get a good transfer fee this summer? I mean rather replace the front three one at a time and to say Mane has been terrible this season is an understatement. Can barely control the ball let alone take his man on.

Kabak giving me serious Lovren vibes. One minute looks assured and the next positionally all over the place and ball watching. He just walked away from Willock at the end and was watching god knows what.

Cynical of me to cash in on Mane whilst we can still get a good transfer fee this summer? I mean rather replace the front three one at a time and to say Mane has been terrible this season is an understatement. Can barely control the ball let alone take his man on.

More reactionary in the moment. Get out in the sun and have a few bevvy's mate. This is past. Pointless beating yourself up over it.

Doesn't alter much as everyone else around is dropping points all over and playing each other.

This will go right to the last day.

Share some sun here also. We have 2 degrees hail and rain....

But very sad display, first goal went in then I was sure it will be going over by them quickly.

Must have var changes for next season. Must learn from their stupidity.

Rule change. Not VAR this time. As that's the rules after they farcically changed them again mid-season to add to this farce of a season.

And no. Get your own sun! 😛 It's cracking the flags here again and I'mma enjoy it whilst it lasts! 😎

More reactionary in the moment. Get out in the sun and have a few bevvy's mate. This is past. Pointless beating yourself up over it.

Doesn't alter much as everyone else around is dropping points all over and playing each other.

This will go right to the last day.
I know I shouldn't have watched the goal back. **** it im off to get some sunshine. Enjoy your weekend mate.

Dont deserve top 4 with that utter ***** performance. Abysmal second half against Leeds and an equally worse performance in the second against Newcastle.
I've been telling you ever since United played against L'pool at Anfield. Liverpool players lost their legs after 60 minutes. Its happening way too often this season.

Which part am I supposed to be outraged about, people who sell their grandpas medals or people who won't buy them?

Which part am I supposed to be outraged about, people who sell their grandpas medals or people who won't buy them?

Cannae even spare 10k anymore, this clubs are broke it seems.... :cool:

Im just enjoying all the back and forth on SM on who's owners are worse tbh...

One of the all time PL and L’pool great’s Mo Salah continuing to set the standards.

Yesterdays Worldie ensured he’s the first L’pool player in the PL era to score 20 or more in three seasons.

And it moved him to joint 12th all-time in the club scoring charts. Through just 198 games and 4 seasons.

Liverpool’s all-time top goalscorers
Liverpool's John Barnes (left) celebrates the winning goal with Ian Rush (right) 1989 FA Cup final, Wembley (PA Images)

• 1. Ian Rush – 346
  • 2. Roger Hunt – 285
  • 3. Gordon Hodgson – 241
  • 4. Billy Liddell – 228
  • 5. Steven Gerrard – 186
  • 6. Robbie Fowler – 183
  • 7. Kenny Dalglish – 172
  • 8. Michael Owen – 158
  • 9. Harry Chambers – 151
  • 10. Sam Raybould – 130
  • 11. Jack Parkinson – 128
  • 12. Mohamed Salah – 123
  • 13. **** Forshaw – 123
  • 14. Ian St John – 118
  • 15. Jack Balmer – 110

Hopefully next season Mane and Firmino step up and help him. Not sure if true but I’m sure I read or heard yesterday that you have quite a lot of players 28 and upwards?

Hopefully next season Mane and Firmino step up and help him. Not sure if true but I’m sure I read or heard yesterday that you have quite a lot of players 28 and upwards?

They get top 4 theres a 22-year-old Parisian waiting in the wings who’ll bring that down. 😉

I know, I know, SM is the home of the criminally insane. But it has been mad to see the meltdown over yesterday's accounts and the anti-FSG sentiment again/ worries over summer funds.

As regards the accounts in general, looking at them from admittedly a layman's POV last night there seems little to be concerned about. They just emphasise yet again just how superbly we are run to be able to come through the pandemic on a stable footing and to be able to carry on with our business as normal unlike most every other club not owned by an Oligarch or a whole State. A £46 million loss is minimal in comparison to most other clubs and almost accounts for the TV money that had to be paid back alone. Naturally, the next financial year's losses covering this season will be a bigger hit. But the revolving loan facility they've taken out is a manageable debt for turnover against repayments. Which, allied to the Redbird investment being savvily brought forward, mitigates the loses considerably and allows them to continue operating on a somewhat normal footing.

You then throw in everything that's not been accounted for in the latest accounts, like the significant new sponsorships and Nike deal which is, by all accounts, far exceeding projections, and we continue to be in a real stable position through really worrying financial times.

Which is the constant angst with Fenway. They need to go after the ESL disgrace being one mistake too many. But you'd struggle to find much better owners in the majority of respects.

A real Catch-22.

Last edited:
Talking of SM, this has been a mad running theme of the latest meltdown since Saturday's game-

'Liverpool fans would rather no European football than Europa or Conference League'

Those said fans patently neither travel around Europe watching their team nor do they fully appreciate just how the foundations of this humongous football clubs Worldwide support and utmost respect all across the Continent was built in large part on our exploits in the UEFA Cup/ Europa League, and Conference League forerunner the Cup Winners Cup.

And it's seemingly completely lost on them as to just how vitally important your 'coefficient' ranking is and how just one season completely out of Europe drastically affects that.

Personally speaking, and I appreciate I'm looking at this from the perspective of boss, mad European trips which others aren't, but if we do have to miss out on the CL for a season, give me Thursday nights in the Europa/ Conference League and I'll be happy as a pig in ****.

What was Evo's great quote? (Paraphrasing.). 'Liverpool without European football is like a banquet without fine wine.' Enough said!

Last edited: