The Liverpool Thread

Interesting to see Cardinale's Redbird group expanding their portfolio of clubs by buying into Malaga. Adds another really intriguing new dimension going forward for the Reds in terms of working around the Brexit regulations on youngsters and securing permits. Along with a stable option for loaning kids already on the books.

I really like the idea of a nice little network of clubs like the Red Bull/ City Groups model.

Gerry Cardinale is a fascinating addition to Fenway's armoury going forward with his media connections and vast interest in European football. I could ultimately see him making a play for control of ourselves at some point when FSG decides to move on.

Just another piece positioning the club at the forefront of the next, natural financial evolution in the game.

What a really mature, well-spoken, humble young man. Wise beyond his years. A fantastic reflection on his parents at just turned 18.

Really intriguing to see if this phenom has taken the next leap to be in our first-team squad next year or whether they deem another loan more beneficial for his burgeoning development?

Whichever, one thing is for sure, he has every chance of a long career at the very top.
Loan next season?

Loan next season?

I wouldn't know what the continued plan is for him but he's certainly ready to shine whichever direction they go.

From being both Fulham and the League Cups youngest ever player at 15, to the PL's youngest ever goalscorer a month after his 16th birthday. To then stepping up to the newly crowned European Champions L'pool and not looking out of place from day 1. Be it in first-team training/ friendlies, bossing 23's games well underaged, to then becoming L'pool FC's youngest ever full debutant. To this past season stepping up to his first full season of senior men's football and tearing up the Championship as one of the players of the season, notching up 38 appearances to take him past 50 games as a teenager, Elliott's met and surpassed every challenge put in front of him in his embryonic career to date.

I'm perfectly sound after they've assessed things this summer on his return whether he's loaned out again next year. Or becomes an integral part of the match-day squad at r's. He'll fit right in wherever he's at.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know what the continued plan is for him but he's certainly ready to shine whichever direction they go.

From being both Fulham and the League Cups youngest ever player at 15, to the PL's youngest ever goalscorer a month after his 16th birthday. To then stepping up to the newly crowned European Champions L'pool and not looking out of place from day 1. Be it in first-team training/ friendlies, bossing 23's games well underaged, to then becoming L'pool FC's youngest ever full debutant. To this past season stepping up to his first full season of senior men's football and tearing up the Championship as one of the players of the season, notching up 38 appearances to take him past 50 games as a teenager, Elliott's met and surpassed every challenge put in front of him in his embryonic career to date.

I'm perfectly sound after they've assessed things this summer on his return whether he's loaned out again next year. Or becomes an integral part of the match-day squad at r's. He'll fit right in wherever he's at.
Looked good the couple of times I’ve seen him this season

He is too good for the championship and I could argue the lower end of the table PL too. Keep him in the squad as a backup to the right-hand side and versatility instead of throwing on Shaq when we are chasing a goal.

Van Dijk’s new contract is one of the priorities in Liverpool agenda since January - Virgil is waiting and he’s open to discuss soon.

#LFC The board also plans to open talks with Fabinho to extend the agreement, as he has only 2 years left on his contract.

#transfers

L’pool having the third biggest growth of any sports team Worldwide the last 5 years is a remarkable thing when you think back to the pre-Klopp early carnage of FSG.

We really couldn’t be n any better hands. But the latest ‘Legacy Fans’ insult and wanting them gone ...... Its a really complex paradox.

Albeit through injury, but more invaluable experience for big Rhys. And great in turn to see Billy the Kid on the bench and part of another first-team matchday.

Nice to have the top 4 still WELL alive when we should be dead and buried for that. And of course, that's where you want the football club to be playing. But I'm honestly totally at ease wherever we finish 3 through 7 so long as it's one of the European places. The trips and final venues in both the Europa and Conference League P all over the Champions League next season.

So personally, I really can't lose. Makes watching all the more relaxing.

Straight into these Redmen!

Job done.

Nice little run developing at just the right time. 6 unbeaten. 14 points from18.

And a step nearer the Parisian.

Good nights work. On to Utd.

Up the ‘Pool. Mighty Reds!

Albeit through injury, but more invaluable experience for big Rhys. And great in turn to see Billy the Kid on the bench and part of another first-team matchday.

Nice to have the top 4 still WELL alive when we should be dead and buried for that. And of course, that's where you want the football club to be playing. But I'm honestly totally at ease wherever we finish 3 through 7 so long as it's one of the European places. The trips and final venues in both the Europa and Conference League P all over the Champions League next season.

So personally, I really can't lose. Makes watching all the more relaxing.

Straight into these Redmen!
Rhys Actually played decently and didn't look like a liability but how big is Nat Phillips ******* **** did he lose a header and more importantly positionally excellent except that one chance where Ali (Superb again) mopped up. He was barking order and the whole defense to push up and when to drop, every game he gets better and better. Have I mentioned that I am also in love with him?

Rhys Actually played decently and didn't look like a liability but how big is Nat Phillips ******* **** did he lose a header and more importantly positionally excellent except that one chance where Ali (Superb again) mopped up. He was barking order and the whole defense to push up and when to drop, every game he gets better and better. Have I mentioned that I am also in love with him?

Should have scored two TBF. Can’t head for **** when he’s in the opposition area .....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Me running out of here.

Had a strange interaction with a Spurs fan today. Mature lad, well spoken, seemed to be an educated man.
He was desperate for Liverpool to not qualify for Europe? Was hoping they lose tonight and other results over the last few games go against them.

I challenged him about it and said even though I'm a lifelong 70's era Manchester United fan, I want Liverpool in Europe. Why wouldn't I?
They are from the league I follow and our closest neighbours.
Ireland has no link with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or whatever? But we do with Liverpool.

I ended up telling him to go and *****... The conversation is over.

Had a strange interaction with a Spurs fan today. Mature lad, well spoken, seemed to be an educated man.
He was desperate for Liverpool to not qualify for Europe? Was hoping they lose tonight and other results over the last few games go against them.

I challenged him about it and said even though I'm a lifelong 70's era Manchester United fan, I want Liverpool in Europe. Why wouldn't I?
They are from the league I follow and our closest neighbours.
Ireland has no link with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or whatever? But we do with Liverpool.

I ended up telling him to go and *****... The conversation is over.

After we all invited them into the Super League too when no F could understand what they and Arsenal were doing there? Just no pleasing some folk .....

Should have scored two TBF. Can’t head for **** when he’s in the opposition area .....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Me running out of here.
You know what annoys me about online abuse. I saw before the game people rinsing Rhys Williams, I mean sure he is far from this level but the kid is 18 ffs. His only crime is being asked to play in a position that Virgil is and it's unfair to compare the two for goodness sake. Even if he never makes it here the experience will have done him a world of good in his professional career.

1620671774852.png