The Liverpool Thread

1622986088555.png

Lol I was going to say it's weird they didn't use the opportunity of locked stadiums to do the expansion, but apparently the necessary paperwork was delayed because of the pandemic.

What a time to be alive lol.

As perfect as this is, it got me. 😥

As good as ANY captain and leader we’ve EVER had.

The very embodiment of everything you could wish for in a L’pool captain. On and off the pitch. The way he’s stood up over the past year and been at the forefront of a whole host of football and social issues has elevated him to a whole other level ..... Phenomenal leadership that comes from within.

Like his manager, a uniquely special human being we’re exceptionally privileged to have represent and lead our shared passion.

As perfect as this is, it got me. 😥

As good as ANY captain and leader we’ve EVER had.

The very embodiment of everything you could wish for in a L’pool captain. On and off the pitch. The way he’s stood up over the past year and been at the forefront of a whole host of football and social issues has elevated him to a whole other level ..... Phenomenal leadership that comes from within.

Like his manager, a uniquely special human being we’re exceptionally privileged to have represent and lead our shared passion.
Highest praise you can give him considering the ilk of players who wore the armband for us over the years. Not bad for a player who runs funny according to a certain someone...

Sorry for being out of loop but why scousers dislike the national team?

Sorry for being out of loop but why scousers dislike the national team?

We haven't got long enough. But, topically, not wanting to be associated with a bunch of racist, bigoted, xenophobic, heck, EVERY ‘phobic’ neanderthal’s with their seriously F up sense of patriotism and National superiority is reason enough.

That’s both brilliant and seriously disappointing to read at the same time.

Brilliant on the positive effect a model human being like Mo is having on people and changing attitudes.

But seriously disappointing that those attitudes need changing to begin with. ANYONE that posts anti-Muslim tweets to start with is someone I don’t want ANYWHERE near the football club or City.

Last edited:

Where do you start with Gini Wijnaldum?

He’s been an absolute, modern day, Liverpool LEG-END! Who has been a corner stone of Kloppo’s Liverpool and everything we stand for. A player who we owe a massive debt to over the past 5 seasons.

There's a great American Football Head Coach, Bill Parcells, who when asked upon what he looks for in players to make up his roster, replied 'The ONLY ability is AVAILability! Give me a lesser talented guy I can rely on through 16 games over a super-star who I may have for 10.'

And Gini Wijnaldum, Klopp Liverpool's answer to the Energizer Bunny, epitomised that.

The stats tell there own story-

Through 5 seasons, and a maximum of 190 possible PL games, Gini played in 179 of them. Missing just ELEVEN! 94% of all the PL games through his time here he was available and played.

237 total games/ 22 goals. Never playing less than 42 games through a season. And no lower than 33 games in the league.

And he leaves a PL/ CL/ SC and CWC winner at Anfield.

Yet again, this past season, he, along with AndyRobbo, were the only players to play in EVERY league game. With Gini equalling Mo as the top appearance holder in all comps at 51. 1 more game than the aforementioned Robertson.

As in every other of his glorious 5-years at Anfield, Gini gave absolutely every last ounce of sweat he had to give for the cause this past year to the point he was running on empty come the back end of the season.

An absolute colossus through his time here on the park, who was rightly one of the first names on the team sheet that Klopp could consistently rely on. Always amuses me even now when you still get the ignorant ’What does he do?/ Bring to the side?’ From those that are only interested in a MOTD highlight reel player blamming one in from 20-yards every few games.

To not understand how integral Gini Wijnaldum has been to this gang of historical Reds is to not understand how Klopps Liverpool play. I've said it many times before, but he really was this generations Ronnie Whelan. The key cog in the machine who facilitates all the other parts. And along with all the tireless ,hard graft for the team, there's a supremely technical, elegant footballer to boot as all the great Dutch lads always seem to be. Intelligent enough to play all over. For someone that came as an ostensive #10, who we completely redefined into our version of an 8. Who was equally adept at dropping back to the 6, playing wide, up-front/ off the front when needed. And even filling in superbly at CH in an emergency like he did at Brighton a few years back. The very definition of a Dutch Total Footballer.’

Sadly, like Whelan, back in the 80’s/‘90’s, you feel some will only fully appreciate what we had in Gini now he is no longer here doing his thing.

And he was SO appreciated in the changies by his compadres that they, the players, voted him 4th choice captain after the manager put it to a players vote for the next two after his selections of Jordan and Milner. Respect from your peers doesn't get much higher than that.

One of the best £25 million the football club has ever spent who's been an integral foundation for ALL we've achieved the last 5 years under Jürgen.

We've known for long enough this day was coming, but it's still a sad one nonetheless.

It's been an absolute privilege to have been on this journey with you Gini mate and I sincerely thank you for everything you've given to Liverpool Football Club. And wish you the very best (so long as it's not at our expense if we meet again. *Smiles) in your new adventure in Paris. I have NO doubt you'll instantly become a key component in another top class side there under a coach with very similar qualities to the one your leaving behind. Should be a seamless transition and perfect fit for you over the channel.

Gini Wijnaldum. One of modern day Liverpool's VERY best.

All the best at the Euro's.

Last edited:

1623401026317.png

You love to see it. 😍😍

Mark of the man. Proper leader in a L'pool squad packed full of them.

🤞🤞You and your compadres make history and get out of the groups at a major for the very first time mate. To be the first Scotsman to captain his Nation to that feat would secure your place in Scottish immortality.

The same way you'll be revered in Scouse lore when it's all said and done.

And if you can also bag the winner against the English just for good measure .....

The amount Mo and Sadio give back to their own Country's is phenomenal.

It's an oft overused platitude, but they really are brilliant human beings above and beyond being brilliant footballers.

Last edited: