The Liverpool Thread

Like that first touch was filthy. Origi still had lot to do, but that was as direct as it could be. All 3 of VVD, Salah and Origi deserve a lot of credit.

Today’s admin-

Title Countdown:
10 wins down/ 20 to go.
34 points down/ 61 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run-
P 4 W 4 F 13 A 1 CS: 3.

Yanno', if I could guarantee a way to win every game it would be like that. (A last kick winner. The multitude of missed, clear chances I can do without.). I get that a lot of folk sit on their nerves when you're into injury time like that. But honestly, as a fan, at the match, you just can't top a finish like today's. Which has the double effect of City sat watching that thinking 'These btards are going all the way with us again aren't they?.' It leaves you bouncing out of the ground on a high like you've just won the league and European Cup combined. And your rivals totally deflated. You just can't top a way to win a game like that. Just an explosion of unadulterated ecstasy with intertwined limbs everywhere. Shared experiences you just don't get through any other medium like that then you do with football. Which is what football support is ALL about to me. Moments and memories. And the memories from a last kick winner moment just can't be topped.

Today's game goes instantly RIGHT up there with the likes of Sadio and Big Div's respective Derby winners. AndyRobbo and Sadio at Villa. And Lallana's belter the wonderfully epic 5-4 at Norwich as one of the best of the Klopp era for me. Purely down to the winner and the memories off the buzz from it. When we're looking back years hence, and eulogising about just how good we had it with Jürgen and his historically boss gang of Reds, this will be one that instantly springs to mind in the plethora of memories money just can not buy they've given us. 'Origi was ***** like but F the moments he gave us! Remember that baltic day at Wolves when he made the cold disappear and those mad celebrations after ..... ?’

Moments and memories.

And has any player ever been as nondescript a piece as Big Div, who frustrates the living P out of you 99% of the time when he blatantly can't be _____, had SO many belter, MAJOR, proper iconic moments and memories as that man has? Man alive. The number of his late winners alone ..... Like key, league defining goals. The massive European goals. The Barca semi. I mean this is a man who came on in Madrid, absolutely stunk the place out and couldn't put a pass together the time he was on the park, to then seal #6 in such glorious fashion as he did that night.

He's just a complete paradox who you want nowhere near the side the majority of the time. But who you absolutely love to death for everything he's given his time here. A player that can go from being the Worlds worst ever looking footballer through the majority of a game. To then do something utterly outrageous like his Worldie finish at Preston to make you forget and forgive him for being anonymous and patently not arsed the whole game leading upto that point.

The phrase 'Cult Hero' was invented with Divock Origi in mind.

Moments and memories.

What an absolutely gutsy move as he could possibly have done from Jürgen to take off his captain. and key linchpin, at 0-0, to bring on the match-winner and switch everything around with Jota (who was having one of them games where absolutely nothing was happening. Resulting in his frustration at madly walloping the ball at the lad on the line instead of calmly placing it the side of him for a goal) dropping into a roaming 10 role and Fabinho pushing even higher up the pitch. That's as gutsy and bold a move that contributed to another massive 3 points as anything any of the players did.

The likes of Tuchel's pragmatism has its place in the game. Heck, we had one of our greatest ever nights in that wonderful City by the Bosporus whilst the arch pragmatist was our manager. The opposition manager today, whose side was superbly organised and defended magnificently for 94 minutes, ultimately played his part in costing his team the win by going uber pragmatic at the end and suffering through the self-inflicted injury time that negativity brought about.

Give me this crazy mad, heavy metal pumped, fist pumping German who goes out to win EVERY game of football he plays, from ANY position he's in, over ANY of them!

Kudos mate for that balls out there change that ultimately made sure it was another brilliant day out at the match with you and your boys.

Buckle in guys and girls. This battle between ourselves and City is going to be another EPIC one!

Up the play until we win Reds!

Last edited:
1638657392688.png

I guess the interview with MBC Egypt shows that Mo wants parity with the league's best earners and he has earned every penny with his performances. The football financial bubble ain't popping any time soon and you'd rather the players who provide the entertainment get the biggest piece of cake than morally bankrupt billionaires hoarding their money. Ive said it before Mo will play at a high level till his late 30s the guy is CR7 levels of dedication to the game.

Awww just great. This **** again and it's not even an International break! Let the nonsense roll. 🤦🏼‍♂️

In other news, I'd be happy paying any British premium for McGinn. Belter player.

Awww just great. This **** again and it's not even an International break! Let the nonsense roll. 🤦🏼‍♂️

In other news, I'd be happy paying any British premium for McGinn. Belter player.
Quality player but too injury prone and looks the gas out during the second half of the season. The same thing has happened to him last year too. Bissouma is the best mid for me playing for a club outside the top 3. He and Raphina are next up for me and would be my choices for the summer.

Superb to finally get this historic (at least for English football), collaboration into the statute of the football club and legally binding.

Complete game changer for fan representation that has the scope to change football club governance for years to come. All born out of the failed ESL breakaway attempt. A remarkable turnaround in fan relations though 7 short months or so.

Massive kudos to the union, senior management at the football club and the owners over in Boston for coming together and making this possible and being at the forefront of club/ fan relations by making this ground breaking move a legally binding part of the clubs annals. Which can only be seen as a landmark day that benefits us all.

One day, Klopp’s Liverpool will play a. game where club/ English records aren’t at stake.

One day, Mo Salah will play a game for L’pool where he can’t set more club goal scoring records.

Tonight in Milan, like most other games they play, isn’t that day.

UTR! FTT!

8 changes and still 7 full Internationals. With Konaté fixing to be one sooner rather than later. (But we have a ***** squad right as the lame narrative goes?).

And we get the luxury of delving into the deepest of depths and playing Nat in a massive European tie. (We may still have qualified. But Milan has all to play for and there are very few bigger games in European competition than Milan against L'pool. European Royalty and then some!).

Fascinated to see where Taki San plays as there are all sorts of ways you could go with that XI. Tyler's continued progression just makes me smile. BIG! He's fixing to save us a nice sum in the market. And what an experience for the 5 teenagers on the bench. Relish every last second lad's.

Straight into these Redmen. We have more records to set and more fear to double down on across Europe by knocking off another major side. AGAIN!!!!!

UTR! FTT!

Today’s admin-

Current unbeaten run all comps-
P 6 W 6 F 17 A 2 CS: 4

Tonights Records-
First English team in CL history to qualify from the group stage with a 100% record.

Best Player in the World:
First Red since L’pools all-time top goalscorer Ian Rush to score 20 or more in 5 straight seasons.
Most goals ever scored in the group stage by a L’pool player- 7.
Most games scored in the group stage- 5.

*Probably more records I’ve missed still to come.

Well the ‘Group of Death’ moniker when the draw was made was proved to be correct- We buried them all!!!!!

The second string of Europes best totally dominating Italy's best..

8 changes.
5th choice CH doing Cruyff turns and sending a couple of Milan players for whatever the Milanese version of the Echo is.
18-year old looking like a 35-year-old in midfield.
JMG and Naby Lad getting a solid 30 mins on their return.
Mo doing things only Mo can do.
Neco superb showing he's a worthy backup to Trent. Boxing off the right-hand side along with the equally superb Oxo-Chambo who's really finding his legs again finally.
Konate pocketing Zlatan.
Big Div being Big Div doing Big Div things.
And two more 18-year-olds getting a taste …..

What a night. What a team. What a time to be a Red!

NOBODY will want to pull us Monday morning! Europe. It’s what we do!

Bring on Villa and a wake-up call homecoming for Stevie!

Up the PERFECT European Reds!

Last edited:
Liverpool have the same amount of points in their Champions League group as Everton have in the Premier League.

Levels.

Mad how if I told you we'd signed Tonali or Kessie folk would be ecstatic.

Yet here's one of our own out footballing the pair of them and looking the most composed player on the ball, in the most congested area of the pitch, in the fricking San Siro!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍

Last edited: