The Liverpool Thread

Add Big Div doing his thing, AGAIN, at Wolves last Sat'day to these.

THIRTY-NINE injury-time winners the PL era. NO club does heart-stopping excitement like Liverpool Football Club consistently does.

My favourite there is the first one. Which is also one of my 2 favourite Anfield goals. From my all-time favourite Derby madly enough given it was utter wank. A nondescript, total bore-fest of a Derby. I think Ronny's winner was the first shot on target all game. But man alive the celebrations. Limbs intertwined everywhere. We were still on the Kop singing his boss song 15/20 mins after the final whistle until the bizzies finally kicked us out with 'Enough's enough aye lads? F off home now will yers?' 🤣 Let's just say it was messy in town that night. VERY messy haha.

You just can't beat a last kick winner. NO better way to win a game of football.

Just imagine the scenes if we'd been in the ground when Alisson scored that peach at West Brom last May .....

Could really do with Juve finishing above Chelsea this tea-time.

Not bothered about any other game. We'll wallop anyone in Europe on the pitch over 2 games. Just want the trip from **** that is Turin taking off the table.

Degsy, you need to do us a solid!

That will do! Thank you Zenit!

Provided we can still travel come February, we’re now guaranteed a boss trip. (I think we’re down to 6 options now?).

This is another good night to be a Red!

Lisbon, Milan, Salzburg, Paris in that order please Monday morning. With Villarreal/ Valencia tomorrow. Although Bergamo's sound.

But we really can't lose out there whichever comes out. Just don't personally care for Paris or Parisians. And Salzburg will be F cold again As great a trip as that was the other Chrimbo.

On the pitch, we'll wallop any of them over two games.

The mad Gerrard hype is doing my head in on tomorrow so a few thoughts on him and us …..

Yanno', it's funny that if this was anyone else managing mid-table Villa Saturday, who'd just taken over after winning the chip butty amateur league that is the SPL (and not least in a jarg season with no fans), people wouldn't blink twice and they DEFO wouldn't be talking that guy up to be taking over at L'pool off the back of such a scarce managerial record. But that man happens to be called Steven Gerrard. So, in many L'pool's supporters eyes, the legendary status he has, has him talked about to be Klopp's successor.

Which is all more than a little mad to me as the sentiment with Steven, for me personally, stopped when he left the football club. And I say that as someone who was always brought up to be of a Rangers persuasion. Side note- One of the things I REALLY miss today is the arl 'Rangers! Celtic! Rangers! Celtic! Rangers! Celtic! Rangers! .......' chant on the standing Kop. That was uniquely us and used to happen without fail every game. I still have a split 'L'pool/ Rangers' bobble hat from the '80's somewhere in the house but I digress .....

I really couldn't give a flying bleep what he does or doesn't do with Villa. Yeah, I wish him well like. But there it ends. He's of absolutely no consequence in the same way the vast majority of other clubs and their managers aren't. Seeing Reds following Villa's progress now is all a bit weird to me but each to their own. If we get to the time Klopp leaves, and he's been a success and improved on the Rafa-esq, safety first football that was on display at Ibrox (not quite as dull as Benitez’ brand of football. But equally as pragmatic), and earned the right to be in contention for the gig, then sound. Fair F's to him. But until then, he should be NOWHERE near the conversation. (Not that the conversation should even be had with still 3 seasons at the very least left of Jürgen at r's.).

That said, Saturday, though, will be proper weird welcoming him back to Anfield with the opposition. But I'm glad we get the chance to do it properly after the P poor send off he got at Stoke.

I hope it will go like another proper weird return when Kenny first came back with Blackburn. Gerrard's name getting belted out pre-game. Just like Kenny's. Then an even louder, longer singing of Klopp's when he comes out. Just like Souness' that day. Followed by a similar L'pool win. Which, all things being equal, should be another walloping as, make no mistake, recent upturn in results or not under Gerrard, Villa are BANG average. To all remind Steven just HOW many levels he has to climb to ever be in the opposite dugout.

As soon as that whistle goes Sat'day Stevie mate, you're just A N Other manager who's team I hope the mighty Reds absolutely destroy by as big a score as they possibly can.

Was that Mourinho in disguise at the Villa dugout. I get trying to be pragmatic but **** if that is how Stevie wants to set up long term he can kiss goodbye to ever replacing Klopp.

Today’s admin-

Title Countdown:
11 wins down/ 19 to go.
37 points down/ 58 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run-
P 5 W 5 F 14 A 1 CS: 4.

F off Gerrard and yer bunch of cheating mid table yardog thugs yer!

I thought I was watching a Pulis/ Allardyce side in opposition today. I wrote the other day on how dire and Rafa-esq pragmatic his brand of football was at Rangers. But the was a whole other level of ____houseey. Never expected him to come home and set up a side like that but man I’m glad he did so the greater L’pool fanbase at large could see just HOW far away he is from even being in a discussion for replacing Jurgen.

Yanno’, I really hope the winner was as soft as Gerrard was narking and cry ______ about after given the amount of dirty _____ going on from his team all game. All facilitated by an absolutely abysmal referee who took incompetence to a new level and gave Villa cart blanche to time waste and spoil the game.

And F off the imbeciles who tried to get his song going first half. Which was quickly drowned out with ‘L’pool, L’pool, L’pool!’ Sing his name before. Sing his name after. But not DURING the game! F wool behaviour that!

Superb Reds for coming out on top in spite of everyrhing on a proper grim weather day. Just a pity we couldn’t get the second to put it to bed but one of the most satisfying wins of the season nonetheless.

The Mentality Monsters are back and kicking. These lads just won’t be beat and we’ll find a way to do yers whatever way you want to play the game.

Roll on Thursday and the next step on the way to #20!

Up the relentless Reds! FTT!!!!!

What another absolute farce from UEFA. That should technically have been redrawn after both putting and pulling Utd out of the wrong pot. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Made up with Salzburg. That was a boss trip a few years ago.

Well, that's if they aren't still locked down by then. 😱

What another absolute farce from UEFA. That should technically have been redrawn after both putting and pulling Utd out of the wrong pot. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Made up with Salzburg. That was a boss trip a few years ago.

Well, that's if they aren't still locked down by then. 😱

Looks like it is being re-drawn!

Inter! Get in! 🎉🎊🕺🕺🕺🎊🎉

Provided we can go, I am DEFO not missing the San Siro this time!

*WAIT* Have they F it up again? Why couldn't we draw Villarreal?

NM. I see the clarification.

Last edited:
1639413669590.png