The Liverpool Thread

Seriously, if any of you ever go to Paris, don’t, under ANY circumstance, go out to Saint-Denis.

I’ve only just discovered since we got home it has the highest crime rate on the Continent. And they took a European Cup Final there. With NO Police protection.

Seriously, go NOWHERE near Saint-Denis for your own safety.

When a UFC fighter is terrified, it tells you all you need to know about Sant-Denis.

‘The Purge’ is a perfect description of how it felt walking back to the Metro. And we got off exceptionally lucky compared to many others

Last edited:
Madrid's statement this morning-

“Given the unfortunate events that took place on May 28 in the vicinity and entrances to the Stade de France, including inside the stadium itself, Real Madrid CF would like to state the following in defence of our supporters who were victims of these events:

“1. We want to know what were the reasons that motivated the designation of the venue of the final and what criteria were taken into consideration for what happened that day.

“2. Likewise, we ask for answers and explanations that determine who was responsible for leaving the fans helpless and defenceless – supporters whose general behaviour was at all times exemplary.

“We understand that what should have been a great celebration of football for all the fans who attended the game turned into unfortunate events that have caused deep outrage around the world.

“As has been clearly seen in the revealing images offered by the media, many of the fans were violently assaulted, harassed and robbed.

“Some events also took place when they were driving in their cars or buses fearing for their physical safety. Some of them even had to spend the night in the hospital for injuries received.

“Football has transmitted to the world an image far removed from the values ??and objectives that it must always pursue.

“Our followers and fans deserve a response and that the relevant responsibilities be cleared up so that situations like the ones experienced are eradicated forever from football and sport.”

But Dave in Didsbury and Tom in Tunbridge Wells KNOW nothing happened to Madrid and it was all those Scouse ***** fault again! .....

Well, that's sound then. Just shy of a week after the fact. Uncanny how it took their sponsors to angrily push back at their treatment getting in the toffs section to speak out and offer that (sickeningly hollow) apology .....

Sounds sincere. I mean they are at least apologising for putting out the initial lie of late arriving Reds right that started the false narrative against innocent people that started the shift blame web of lies. Again! ? ..... RIGHT? .....

And what about the lawless, excessively violent attacks after the game? UEFA absolving themselves of that too?

Keep on trying to backtrack and do the bare minimum. We're WELL versed in your playbook. We have all the patience going and we aren't going anywhere.

As your British compatriots know only too well, you're messing with the WRONG people!

I am loving the absolute furore Trent having the temerity to stay silent through the National Anthem has caused among the English Neanderthals.

Funny how the English don’t have a problem when they repeatedly boo and create through opposition Country’s National anthems. But woe betide anyone that doesn’t engage fully with their own!

Mad how freedom of choice/ the right to protest et al is SO selective and only works when it suits aye? Hypocritical shithouses.

Bur hey, lat’s all come together, spend millions, and have a big Jubilee party when many can’t even afford to feed/ heat themselves in this Country. And woe betide anyone that makes a stand against that grotesque disgrace! The disconnect between the very elite of British society, which the NA celebrates, and the people she serves, has never been wider.

Soz abar Trent for standing up for whats right.

@Vanjagl ...... This fella is about the only proper clued in source for anything LFC related mate. Charlatans like Jimmy Pearce either have next to no sources. Or the club, which lets next to nothing out, use them to their own ends when they want to misdirect opinion.

That's almost as insulting as Arsenal's Suarez nonsense.

P taking *****! They do realise Liverpool hold ALL the cards here right?

We should be demanding what ever they want if some club wants him desperately enough now. Forget the 'rumoured' £50 million price tag. It should be starting at a minimum £80/ 90 million.

We don't need to sell. Sadio's worth far more to us here next season and leaving on his own terms after that than taking a pittance of his true value now. And we know Sadio will give everything for us next season regardless s he always has. If you want him that bad Bayern that you can't wait another year to get him on a free, then pay up!

It really is that simple. We hold all the cards on this one and the club being totally relaxed on things would seemingly reaffirm that.

Brilliant to read Joyce reporting Milner's all but extended though.

The lure of Klopp's Liverpool again-

Best possible news to turn in on a Sunday night.

It's been one heck of a rough, emotionally traumatic week that's left far more questions than answers on where I go forward with things. But one things for darn certain, I F LOVE this football club and the current magnificent squad of footballers who represent her!

N
The lure of Klopp's Liverpool again-

Best possible news to turn in on a Sunday night.

It's been one heck of a rough, emotionally traumatic week that's left far more questions than answers on where I go forward with things. But one things for darn certain, I F LOVE this football club and the current magnificent squad of footballers who represent her!
Need him for the next transition of Klopps team. Hendo will take his spot in the coming years if it goes accordingly.

Crazy to read those comments

Article translation:
For Paco Martínez and the other heroes of Saint-Denis

I have known Paco for a long time. He is one of those madridistas who looks like Courtois, you put him under the goal and I'm sure that not one goal would enter either. Between the pandemic and others, we hadn't seen each other for a long time. We coincided on Saturday at the magnificent party of the Peña Madridista de Olot, chaired by another great, Miquel Costa.

Great evening presided over by the European Cup. Because I don't know if I told you once, I would swear yes, that Madrid is playing in the European Cup. The one of the champions. There are very deserving ones who play in the Champions League. It's something else. What did I tell you? Well: I like to remember it.

Between laughter and joy for El Momento Que No Cesa, Paco released me: "I am alive by a miracle." It is that he was in Saint-Denis and returned as the photos that accompany these lines explain. Plus a broken rib, you can't see that. But it hurts a lot.

Paco Martínez Marín is a committed member of Madrid and a member of the Coordinator of Peñas Madridistas of Catalonia. He got two tickets for the final and there he went with his son Eloy. "He was the happiest guy on earth, I was going to see a final of our beloved Real Madrid with him". So he began to tell his experience and so he continued.

“I never thought I expected to fear for our lives. Yes, I was really scared and thanks to my son today I can tell about it. Without exaggeration: he saved my life.” As an introduction to the story, impeccable.

And also… “A lot of people went together when we left the stadium. Happy. Our team had won. But fate was that we met a group of criminals armed with cutters who attacked us mercilessly making us fall to the ground and then rob us. Some put the cutter around their necks and asked for their mobiles”.

The police, you say? “The worst of all was his attitude, that of the French Police, which at no time helped us. Neither us nor so many people who asked for help. I asked for an ambulance please because of the wounds I had, I was bleeding. A guard told the people asking for help that welcome to France… People didn't know where to go, it was chaos. A French citizen who was passing by, seeing my wounds, got out of his car and told me, to the Hospital! I went with him and yes, he took me to the closest one where I spent the night between cures and observing the blow to the head. I cried, yes, but not because of the aggression but because of rage, because of the help not received from the police to some injured people. That's a crime!"

Around eleven in the morning the next day, Paco and Eloy got into their car and headed for Barcelona. Imagine a pothole, a sudden stop: a broken rib and everything else… They arrived after one in the morning. And until today. His testimony, as well as the photos you see, is in the possession of Madrid, which has attached it to his complaint. Paco will do it, if he hasn't done it already, in a personal capacity. They have told him that he can go to the French consulate in Barcelona. The French police, UEFA, anyone involved in that madness already know about all this.

Little more to add on our part. We could roar like a tiger, remember the molars of more than one. It's done. And these things are better short and in the mouth of the victim. Our tribute to all the Pacos who lived through that **** and who are still with us thanks to God. Another hug, good recovery and happy summer.

Need him for the next transition of Klopps team. Hendo will take his spot in the coming years if it goes accordingly.

Yeah, can't overstate the importance of keeping around some old fart veterans in the squad who's been there a long time and won everything. Compare that with United's clueless approach when they've cleaned out all Fergie's faithful soldiers within 1-2 seasons.