The Liverpool Thread

Picture perfect Sat’day tea-time. The Reds, as we’ve been saying of late, using the ‘spark’ from Mondays superb Derby win to keep that going with another boss display to hand the Saudi ***** their collective behinds. With the added bonus, after Popes red, of being able to coast home for the last 70 mins in 5th gear before Madrid. So much so, Bobby and Jota got a good half-hour into their legs before Madrid on top of big Virg’s 90. Side note- All the best to Loris Karius now the LC Final. A massive chance for redemption in a major final. 5-years on from his last one and Ramos (literally) knocking him out of it. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Said it Monday, confidence is such a funny, but massively integral, thing in sports. Ours has been so fragile all season, culminating in hitting rock bottom at Wolves 3 games back. But then Monday happens, they buzz off the wild atmosphere, dominate to a superb win, and here we now are. 2 games later looking back to something like what you know them to be. A top, TOP football side.

Those little tweaks Jurgen made after the Brighton 3 carnage, resulting in really noticeable, if incremental, improvements at Wolves the Cup, against Chelsea at home, and then again at Brighton in a cup tie we never deserved to lose, are now paying dividends along with the retuning big names and new found confidence again. Getting that solidity back into the defence and midfield and tightening everything up defensively. Key building blocks for the second half the season charge. (Tonight was only the 3rd time this season we’ve kept back-to-back CS.).

Super display again. Super goals. Super vocal from the match going support who have NEVER wavered in the belief and support of our team. Whatever is said on-line.

SUPER REDS! 🕺🕺🕺

Roll on Tuesday and another wild, off the charts atmosphere at the arl’ place in a meeting of PROPER European Royalty.

The rest of the league/ Europe have been put on notice. Our season, finally, is just beginning!

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, he could've said that 3 months ago when the story first broke. More like they didn't get any offers that were satisfying

No doubt they’d of listened to offers. They are investment brokers after all. But that was never the main aim as we discussed way back when Anthony was trying to nark over Qatari ownership in here. (Funny how thats flipped.). But I believe that’s more your problem with the parasites as nobody's bid scratches the mad valuation they’ve put on Utd yet.

Like Jurgen said back the Southampton game before the WC, its always been about investment. Like any smart company. Just they’re looking for strategic investment for the next financial era in the game. Probably someone to bring on board in media/ tech for when individual club TV rights cone in loke they started with Redbird joining then. All takes time.

The mediots and on-line knobheads have just made one big non-story.

I think this is the beginning of the end game for Fenway long term. They’ve more than delivered in most every facet. But there’s still even more scope for them to do what they do better than most anyone else in their field. Grow the business even further and add even more billions to what they’ve already increased the brand value to all ready.

Last edited:
Could not be happier right now.

The divvies on-line are having a meltdown like a pre-pubescent schoolie denied going to the latest boyband gig as they aren’t getting the riches they madly crave.

And there’s one more sleep before the biggest game of European football of this or any other season. 😍😍😍

Just great to be playing a proper game of togger against Madrid again.

The less said about the absolute farce, non-football, jarg COVID season 2 seasons back when we last met over two legs the better. And similarly last seasons European Cup final, which has been consigned to the sea from many that were there as a game that effectively doesn't exist given the traumatic horrors before, during and after that disgrace in Paris. Like the aforementioned '20/'21 season, when we weren't in the ground and thus the whole sorry 9 months was an absolute farce the players naturally couldn't get up for, I wouldn't blame any of them for losing to Madrid last May. Their heads must have been all over the place with news filtering through before hand of family members caught up in the horror outside. And then to come out for the game, the biggest in the sport bar none, and see empty seats in our end and our support as flat and disinterested in a game of football as anyone's EVER been given everyone was in complete bits consoling each other and trying to contact people back home and let them know that you were safe . Which lasted most all game as barely a song was sung. All you could think about was getting back into Paris in one piece and away from the S/hole that is Saint Denis ..... How the players composed themselves to play a game of football after that I can only tip my hat to them all on both sides.

As inconsequential a non-event of a game of football since probably the even worse horrors in '85 on the same stage. Your club at the absolute pinnacle of the sport in the biggest game there is. And the game and result not meaning a thing given the horrors that surrounded both finals.

Rafa was in charge the last time we played Real over two legs of straight knock-out, European football when it was a 'normal' situation and just the actual football was all that mattered, When MARCA had been arrogantly dismissing the collective power of Anfield before the game ...... And boy did Madrid regret that to their costs as a much, MUCH poorer L’pool side than the present one absolutely volleyed a well arguably much better Madrid side than the one we'll face Tuesday, all over for 4.

I have a feeling we'll be in for another proper magical night this time round round under the European lights as Madrid feels the full force of Anfield's collective might, again, in what's fixing to be an even wilder atmosphere than the Derby.

Counting down the hours.

As always, its been absolutely boss to see town flooded witb Spaniards rhe past few days having a boss time.

And I’m made up Liverpool didn’t go ***-for-tat after they disgracefully charged us £62 and only gave 1,800 for the return. Keeping the prices and allocation as normal.

No need to take it out on the Madrid fans. Not their fault their clubs shitbags.

Think I might go in earlier tonight.

Fixing to be one of those very special nights only we can produce. The arl’ place will be wild.

Not many games completely over shadow Utd- Barcelona in a European week. This one DWARFS that. Not a bigger two games in European competition all season than the 6 times winners verses the 14 times winners. The final included.

PROPER European Royalty!

We’re on the march with Jurgens army …..’

Honestly I'm torn who to watch tonight. On one side you have really exciting, attacking team in Napoli, who are flying, against Eintracht who's similar and it should be a banger of a match.
And then you have Liverpool-Real Madrid on the other side. How can you not watch that game? This is match worthy of a final.
It's either going to be a coin flip, or I might set up laptop so I can watch both of the games at once.

Honestly I'm torn who to watch tonight. On one side you have really exciting, attacking team in Napoli, who are flying, against Eintracht who's similar and it should be a banger of a match.
And then you have Liverpool-Real Madrid on the other side. How can you not watch that game? This is match worthy of a final.
It's either going to be a coin flip, or I might set up laptop so I can watch both of the games at once.

Jesus. Frankfurt- Napoli tonight? Hooligans paradise.

Wouldn't like to be policing that one.

There will be fireworks in Madrid tonight (they didn't use theirs before the match) ;)

ngl I dont care if it's prime Barca you playing against but you don't lose that game 5-2 being 2 goals up. Absolutely shambolic performance and the first time I genuinely questioned the mentality of the players.

That's Madrid for ya, you can never write them off no matter the score, they can kill you in two minutes.