The Liverpool Thread

I’m laid in bed and I still can’t properly put that utterly mad game of football in to context. If ever there was the preverbal game of two halves, which highlighted your teams brilliance and frailties in equal measure, it was last night.

Liverpool start superbly. Not just in their intensity and football. But the smartness of their play. The best we’ve seen all season. Feeding off the crowd, 2-0 up inside 15. That could then have been 4/5. Mo is in at least that many times. And Trent and others too. But they don’t convert. And it costs them dear.

Poor defending lets Madrid back in when they should have been buried. But L’pool are still controlling the game. But then individual mistakes strike for 2-2 and 2-3, and then turn to utter S the second half.

Kudos to Madrid. NO side in World football lives with them last night. They are World Champions for a reason and the calmness they showed, in the face of a wild atmosphere and mad intensity from the reds, was imperious. Never panicking once when they were second best. An absolutely outstanding display where you just have to tip your hat to the better side.

So I really don’t know where to go on that utterly mad game of football. 🤷🏼‍♂️

On the one hand you’re P that all 5 Madrid goals are self inflicted nonsense and you should NEVER lose 5 at home. But you then temper that with how awesomely outstanding Madrid were.

On the other, there was so much good to take the first half when again, 2 goals were going on 4.

And now literally ANYTHING could happen the return. It’s not beyond any wishful thinking to think L’pool could easily be 2 up again in Madrid. Nor is it beyond possible they could lose 5 again.

I know we’re going to have a boss 3 days in the Spanish capital as always which beats being stuck in work. And what will be will be on the pitch. If the actual football is what your Euro away revolves around, you are doing it massively wrong.

Madridestas aside, nobody will be more happy than UEFA today. They can’t wait to get us out to save more protests. No doubt we’ll have massive fines coming our way but the banners and vocal letting them know EXACTLY what they are. We may have conflicting views on the side last night. But the pride off the pitch in standing up for our own was as strong as it always is here.

Weird game. Weird night. Heck knows what the return holds in store but NOTHING is outside the realms of possibility on tonights showing.

UTR! F UEFA!!!!!

Longest-serving managers in English football

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Monday, February 13, 2023: Liverpool's manager Jürgen Klopp celebrates after the FA Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Everton FC, the 242nd Merseyside Derby, at Anfield. Liverpool won 2-0. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

• 1. Simon Weaver (Harrogate Town) – 13 years, 277 days
  • 2. John Coleman (Accrington Stanley) – 8 years, 157 days
  • 3. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) – 7 years, 137 days
  • 4. Pep Guardiola (Man City) – 6 years, 236 days
  • 5. Mark Robins (Coventry City) – 5 years, 353 days
  • 6. Karl Robinson (Oxford United) – 4 years, 337 days
  • 7. Thomas Frank (Brentford) – 4 years, 129 days
  • 8. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester) – 3 years, 361 days
  • 9. Matt Gray (Sutton United) – 3 years, 297 days
  • 10. Gary Rowett (Millwall) – 3 years, 124 days

Here’s to the next extension 🤞🏻🤞🏻, and the next 7 years wondrous ride with Jurgen’s Red Army!

’I’m so glad, that Jurgen is a red …..

….. I’m in love with him and I feel fine!

Get F Humphrey. Seriously!

After perpetuating UEFA’s lies and sending them all round the World back in May (Made worse by the fact you were at the F game broadcasting live and could see what was happening. ‘Late arrival of fans’ …..2 and a half hours before KO I was queuing outside that shithole. I barely made it n for the delayed KO! 🤬), you wait NINE F months to apologise! And at that, ONLY after UEFA’s own investigation has found them bang to rights and the supporters of both clubs completely innocent.

Stick that lame, faux apology were the sun doesn’t shine. ****!

Last edited:
*Note* This is aimed at the on-line/ SM ‘fan’ who may happen to be reading, with their mad want for Klopp to be sacked and anti-Fenway/ manager/ player protests at the game; rather than any regular here …..

Let me preface this by saying I really aren’t concerned with anyone who thinks there was nothing positive to take from yesterday/ we should be letting your on-line feelings be known at the match regarding manager and players et al, in response to this. Unless you were down at Selhurst last night, on what was an absolutely baltic cold evening, not getting home until the early hours, then your opinion on our support, a word most appear foreign to, calling us ‘Top Reds’or whatever the latest pre-school slight is, really is inconsequential to anything.

Now, lets make NO mistake, that was a horrid game of football to watch. Slow paced and dour. ‘Disjointed’ best suns us up. Outside of Palace hitting the woodwork, and Jota and Mo doing the same for ourselves, along with a really poor Gakpo miss one-on-one late on, the excitement level was non-existent.

But yer know what? As tough a watch as it was to stand through in the freezing cold, I don’t mind going through a game like that at all. It’s all part of the recovery process from where we currently are for the top 4 battle ahead. Which is why the manager isn’t chatting wham when he finds positives in context of a poor game. That’s now 3 CS in a row in the league for the first time this season. Which is an important building block for confidence as to any recovery/ success right there. Beat Wolves Wednesday, and thats a 4 game run of 10 points out of 12 going into Utd. Which by any reckoning, is a MASSIVE turnaround from the previous 4 league games of 1 point from 12 with 3 of those games ending in 1-3, 0-3 and 0-3 defeats.

A draw, in CONTEXT, at a notoriously hard ground to get a result at irrespective of our boss recent record there, isn’t a bad result to take forward. As poor as Palace’s recent form has been, they are still a proper hard battle at home to take anything away from.

That’s just where we are right now as we slowly turn this to hopefully secure the top 4 end goal. Laying the foundations. So I’ll make absolutely NO apologies for those of us that pay our money and go through all we do to support this team for standing by them through these hard times. I don’t know what it sounded like on the telly, but the vocal was superb again yesterday right up to the end. Which is more impressive that we out-sung a great Palace support as poor as we were to watch.

We’re still FULLY behind these lads in the battle for top 4 we are WELL in. And, as the amount of times we sung his name again is testimony to, we wouldn’t want ANYBODY but Jurgen leading us through that fight.

….. I’m in love with him and I feel fine!’

We go again Wednesday.

Up the slowly recovering Reds. FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Longest-serving managers in English football

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Monday, February 13, 2023: Liverpool's manager Jürgen Klopp celebrates after the FA Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Everton FC, the 242nd Merseyside Derby, at Anfield. Liverpool won 2-0. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)'s manager Jürgen Klopp celebrates after the FA Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Everton FC, the 242nd Merseyside Derby, at Anfield. Liverpool won 2-0. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

• 1. Simon Weaver (Harrogate Town) – 13 years, 277 days
  • 2. John Coleman (Accrington Stanley) – 8 years, 157 days
  • 3. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) – 7 years, 137 days
  • 4. Pep Guardiola (Man City) – 6 years, 236 days
  • 5. Mark Robins (Coventry City) – 5 years, 353 days
  • 6. Karl Robinson (Oxford United) – 4 years, 337 days
  • 7. Thomas Frank (Brentford) – 4 years, 129 days
  • 8. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester) – 3 years, 361 days
  • 9. Matt Gray (Sutton United) – 3 years, 297 days
  • 10. Gary Rowett (Millwall) – 3 years, 124 days

Here’s to the next extension 🤞🏻🤞🏻, and the next 7 years wondrous ride with Jurgen’s Red Army!

’I’m so glad, that Jurgen is a red …..

….. I’m in love with him and I feel fine!

😍😍

Who said you can’t have long term stability and defining manager era’s in this day and age?

Longest he’s ever been at one club. And fully committed to his next great team, through this contract and, 🤞🏻🤞🏻, beyond.

For all the legit criticism of the owners, this is one thing we have got right since they changed there whole MO when they went all in on Jurgen. Long term stability right rheough the football club.

Premier League’s longest-serving managers

featureimage-100-600x400.jpg

• 1. Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)– 7,894 days (1996-2018)
  • 2. Alex Ferguson (Man United) – 7,640 days (1992-2013)
  • 3. David Moyes (Everton) – 4,096 days (2002-2013)
  • 4. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)– 2,699 days (2015-Present)
  • 5. Joe Kinnear (Wimbledon) – 2,698 days (1992-1999)

Last edited:
Tonight racks up 5 Monday night games, 7 midweek games, and 2 Saturday night games on the season.

14 night games. Which is absolutely ridiculous and completely unfair on the paying supporter.

But when did we count? :mad:

I would much rather have been down at Stoke in the Cup last night as our efforts at Brighton the last round deserved. But football can be a cruel game, so here we are making up ground in our top 4 charge.

Hopefully, another 3 points tonight to continue our fine upturn in form of late. Setting things up perfectly for the visit from our overachieving 'friends' from down the road Sunday.

Well that was a night of extremes ….. After a very nondescript FH, when the only excitement of the night was looking like both the Ev getting walloped at Arsenal, and taking another huge step to hopefully disappearing into lower league obscurity for ever! 🤞🏻🤞🏻And the surreal experience before the game of the Glenbuck going off as we watched the kids peno shoot-out victory over Porto. Side note- I didn’t think the officiating in that game could be much worse. But then step forward Paul Tierney …..🤦‍♂️ It turned into a really good display and ultimately something we’ve long forgotten this season …..

A routine win.

The aforementioned Tierney’s bizarre disallowing of Darwins belter finish, to compound an absolutely atrocious night from him as always, was just the spark we needed to take another giant step toward the top 4 end goal that we keep being told we have no chance of. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Really nice little run we’re putting together here, with little building blocks all aiding the key to everything- Confidence!

Said the weekend the key to how good or not the point at Palace was would be determined bu what happens against Wolves. And now in the aftermath, 10 points out 12, with 4 straight CS, and everyone above us outside if the top 2 well reeled back in, everything looks a whole bunch rosier for Sunday and a Utd team outperforming the actual standard of their side. But thats to discuss nearer the weekend.

Confidence is such a fragile thing in elite level sport. First half, they are taking 2/3 touches and playing at a slow, cautious pace. Then they get a goal, albeit chalked of, realise Wolves really are dog S, and its suddenly free flowing, faced paced, one touch passing that was a joy to watch.

Individually, I thought both Trent and big Virg put in their best showings of the season to quieten the naysayers. Trent was outstanding both ends if the park. And it was nice of Fabinho to finally come back to the party and do Fabinho things in front of the back 4 again. More of that please.

Oh, and much to the disdain of many reading on SM, Jurgens song was belted out gusto 4 times last night. We love and stand by our manger. The best man we could possibly have leading us. What can I tell yer? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Up the turning things around Reds!