The Liverpool Thread

🤣🤣🤣

1675760093915.png

I’ve no doubt we will do just that. And similarly with the DoF/ SD/ GM role.

Really not worried about either role being filled with similar top candidates personally. Or the guys that have left.

Life/ situations change and when you’ve been at the top of your game, in such a high pressured position as Graham and Edwards for so long, winning everything with what you assembled, I can fully appreciate and really respect the need for a break/ career change. And Edwards has been totally true to his word in taking that long sabbatical to spend time with his family and de-stress so fair play to him. Ward is a little bit different as he’s only been in the gig a year. But maybe he didn’t fully appreciate the pressure of the top job until he actually experienced it? 🤷🏼‍♂️Its one thing being groomed as an understudy. But a whole other when you’re flying solo and the buck stops with you. And without knowing his personal situation, I wouldn’t castigate him for leaving. If he takes the similar role at Ajax, as has been mooted, fair F’s to him and you wish him all the best. That would be a wonderful opportunity, at a great club/ City to live, thats less stressful and demanding than the stakes we play at for someone so new to the role.

Great to read that from the always reliable Northcroft. And I’ve no doubt we’ll be adding a top SD to replace Julian too who’ll becoming available in the summer.

All a process that takes time. We’ll be sound.

And there we go-

Excellent to read. So much for the football club having no succession plan. Or even worse, being ‘negligent’ in not starting the search to fill key roles ….. Even though said roles have the incumbents still in place and will do until the summer. 🤦‍♂️

Superb to continue the trend of getting back to promoting from within. Far better that with someone who’s versed in our system than an outsider.

Pity Julian Ward put paid to that so quickly with the main gig. But I’ve absolutely no doubt personally that will be filled with the best possible candidate who will fit perfectly with our established recruitment team and club ethos. And who’ll maybe bring fresh ideas to the table as we continue to evolve.

Best day of the year. EVERY year.

One of the most nondescript Derby’s on the National scene in years. But one thats madly turned into one of the most anticipated locally with the mongrels already proclaiming Dyche the Red as the second coming of Catterick/ Kendall. Getting proper giddy in their belief that a whole generation of blues will finally see them win at Anfield for the first time this century. Bless their delusional ickle hearts. (The jarg, farcical COVID season when they weren’t in the ground doesn’t count for anything.).

Where as for ourselves, its the perfect game you want after the carnage at Wolves and week to dwell on that. If any game could ignite a season, its this one under the Anfield lights in front of a wilder than usual Anfield given it’s an official ‘Flag Day’ for the first time in a long time. I think the last time we did one of those was for Bournemouth in the title winking season a few years back which remains probably the best dinner time KO atmosphere we’ve ever had since those ridiculous KO times become a thing.

L’pool to ruin the Dingles big day out tonight and get 2023 up and running finally!

Counting down the hours.

This will be a LONG work day!

Nights out at the match don’t get much better than that. L’pool finally awaking to something like the top side we still are. As predicted, reacting to a wild Anfield. And ruining the Ev’s Cup Final, yet again, in what hopefully, 🤞🏻🤞🏻, as we sang to them, will be there ‘last trip to Anfield' for a LONG time.

I don’t know how it looked and sounded the telly, but the long lost pq‘official’ ‘flag day’ had the desired effect on the Kop. Just a wondrous sea of flags from top to bottom. Producing a boisterous atmosphere the mighty reds bounced off to shut the naysayers up and, God willing, get things back on track. The manager is more than welcome in his thanks. He knows how special we are. We know how special he and his players are. Why the support at the match has never wavered. You stick by your side through the hard times as much as you revel in the good ones. And man have they needed us this year, and no less last night, more than at any other time through his reign. And when we come together as one entity, on and off the park, we are an irresistible force.

Confidence is a really funny, finite thing. Even at the very top level we play at. The worse this horrid runs been, the lower its got and top footballers have looked like amateurs nobody wants to watch. Last night was by no means the perfect game. But man alive the marked difference in confidence levels after they scored that brilliant first breakaway goal was palpable. Buzzing off the crowd, the energy was back and they weren’t afraid to try things again and just start playing with the verve thats been sorely missed in probably our best display since the CS opener to that end. For last night at least, Klopp’s L’pool was back with a vengeance.

The trick now of course is taking that on to distinctly average, one trick pony, dour Newcastle side next Sat’day tea-time. There’s been WAY too many false dawns with 2022/23 L’pool to take that as a given. But, hopefully, as discussed a lot recently, last nights massive confidence booster, along with the three returning big dawgs, two of who so on-field minutes; will be just the spark we need to ignite this season and have a second half watching what we know we have. Still one of the very top sides in this league and all of Europe when they’re fully on it and firing.

Hard to pick out individuals when the overall team display was so good. Bajetic is the obvious standout continuing his outstanding, boys own stuff season. What a gem of a midfield talent both ourselves and Spain have on our hands. Dominating the game that matters in this City more than any other. At 18-years young. 😍 Kudos to the while midfield for, yanno’, just doing their collective jobs again and being ‘midfielders.’ Holding their position, cutting off space, giving it simply. How hard has that been to rediscover? 🤦‍♂️

Gakpo continues to greatly impress each and every game the more used to us, and us he, we get. Tantalising to think what he’ll be like in a side full of confidence around him to allow him to do his thing. Who said he had to ply out left again? 🤦‍♂️

But the biggest shout out goes to the madly maligned Joe Gomez. My personal MOTM in a near flawless, dominant defensive display that never gave the S a sniff all night. He’s been woeful at times this season and has rightfully been taken to task over it. But the WAY OTT criticism talking about one of Englands best young defensive talents like he’s washed up and done has been frankly ridiculous. Last night showed just why he was extended for the long term and just why the manager fully believes in him. Hopefully thats his confidence raised again now going forward.

And in amongst all the brilliance of sending the blue S another step closer to relegation, amid a wild Anfield, came the poignant reality of just what is REALLY important in this life with the raucous minutes applause on 30 for the tragically short life of young James Bulger. Not sure where the past 30-years have gone, but they were hammered home last night. God rest mate. Your memory will NEVER die in this City. 🙏🏻

*Sings ’….. And now yers gonna’ believe us, the S are going DOWN!’

Up the ‘It’s just boss to be happy after a game again’ Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Also Bajetic is giving me Trent coming into the team to replace Clyne during an injury crisis vibe. I keep forgetting he is 18 and not someone plugging holes pulled from the u21s.

What an exhilarating ride its been to this point. Outside of the horrific experience of Paris, which lead to that game being rendered null and void in our storied history, along with the jarg, farcical COVID season which is the same; I wouldn't change a thing as there’s little more we could have done and no more fun and enjoyment we could have had at the match over the past 7 and a bit years.

He totally gets us and we get him. A Scouser in all but birthright.

Here’s to the next heart thumping, rollercoaster journey together to 500.

Actually looking forward to a weekend off from the match being as I refuse to give rhe despicable Saudi ***** my hard earned money. And won’t go back to St James’ again until they are gone. One bonus of heinous regimes owning clubs here. It gives you a break to save a bit and refresh.

L’pool to lick Howe’s distinctly average, one dimensional, dour magpie outfit who have taken base **** housery and time wasting to another level this season. Like a few teams up the top, they are starting to look leggy playing more or less the same XI every week and injuries are now starting to bite without the same standard in depth.

He’s back! 😍

Boss to see big Virg back. Made up JMG is partnering him. Deserves it after what I personally thought was a MOTM performance Monday night. As good as Bajetic was. Little surprised to see Fabinho and Henderson two games in a row. Thought he’d maybe rest one before Madrid.

The Saudi ***** are a bang average, one dimensional side who have WAY over achieved to this point. Play our football with the same verve and pace as Monday, and they are nowhere near our level.

Straight into these Redmen. Another 3 points to set up the mammoth encounter Tuesday!