The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
@dilakh2 Scouse will have the knives out for you know 😂
Its just my opinion and Scouse eternal optimism is sometimes needed especially reading and listening to doom and gloomers on other sites who think every player is now washed up. It's just gone stale that's all and after the miserable ending to last season it was kinda expected. Still believe that harsh decisions will have to be made to reverse the malaise that's set in as we cant afford another season out of Europe elite competitions.

Expected a lot more from Liverpool, they looked like they were hiding in the 2nd half. If they scored one early from those chances they had it would probably be more interesting to watch. Proper snoozefest.

I think I put part 1 up before Chrimbo but I can’t remember. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Anyway, they’ve just released the second part from behind the paywall. So here’s the first 2 of 5 of TAW’s superb Klopp masterpiece-

Barry Lenton on Twitter: "Liverpool’s Fabio Carvalhio was at Marine today on National Non-League Day, watching his cousin who was on the bench for Burscough who drew 1-1 against AFC Liverpool in a very entertaining game. Crowd was 181." / Twitter

Alan Harrison on Twitter: "Great to talk to Fabio Carvalhio at AFC Liverpool yesterday. What an impressive young Man he is, time for everyone selfies and autographs no problem. He was supporting his cousin who plays for Burscough and has a 23 letter surname, indeed "his name is too long". YNWA!" / Twitter

Great to read. That's the very definition of a Klopp character player right there. Great maturity for one so young.

Absolutely no worries about this lad going forward. This tough first year, dealing with not only everything such a major step up in class of football clubs from Fulham, and the move up North, involves, but also everything that Jurgen expects day in, day out, getting the intricacies of our system, particularly off the ball, down pat; will have served him superbly in his continued development away from the limelight.

The talent, one of the best int he Country at his age group, has never been in question.

Start of an absolutely MASSIVE week in the quest for 3rd. As, lets be honest here, with a mere 8 points separating 3rd through 8th, with nigh on a third of the season to go, this is a battle for TWO positions to be at Europes top table next year. And with the three teams above ourselves both as inconsistent/ having their own multitude of different issues as L’pool, and all having to play each other/ everyone else around them, it would be a very brave man to rule ANYONE out/ predict who will finish behind Arsenal and City. A VERY brave man indeed.

I personally think we have the next three in a row at the perfect time to enter the run-in. You wouldn’t want a run of City, Chelsea and Arsenal with 5 to play. As much as I despise International breaks with a passion, its been very welcome to re-set and have a break away from the match the past few weeks. As I’m sure it has been for the players. And now ‘proper’ footies back, I fully expect us to show our experience at run-ins nobody around us has and be where we want to be playing next season. At Europes top table. Just nice to be going to City for once where ALL the pressure is on them. They are the team that have to win for the title. Whereas we can afford to relax and take what the game allows. Safe in the knowledge dropped points would have little consequence with everyone playing everyone else.

All down to the Redmen now. Refreshed with key players finally back, if they fully believe in themselves again, they’ll P third. As poor as this seasons been to date, it shows how equally poor the rest of the league has been that we are still WELL in the CL conversation.

So, if you aren’t absolutely buzzing in excitement at the prospect of this mammoth week of L’pool football ahead, I honestly don’t think football is the game for you.

I’m ALL in. Now its down to our team of proven winners to show their collective pedigree once more. Believe again boys. NOTHING left on the park!

Straight into these cheating bleeps Redmen!

Can not WAIT!!!!!

Watching van Dijk this season is painful. Being criticized left, right and center. Honesty at this point he should get Maguire treatment, sit him on the bench and try to shift him at the end of the season.

Back