The Liverpool Thread

But where do I get my daily dose of delusional talks and transfer rumors?

Slowly heading back. Vacation going strong but trip to Azores is ending.

Thank you so much 😊🙏
Sounds like a million bucks mate! Hope your partner gives you 10 offsprings.

Sounds like a million bucks mate! Hope your partner gives you 10 offsprings.
Thanks. More Leeds fans the better of course :cool:

Recommend Azores island's to everyone who want visit amazing nature and be more active

So reading across L’pool SM coming home from work earlier, you’d be forgiven for swerving watching this dinners friendly to conclude a very positive German camp. ’Adrian needs to go!/ Gomez needs to go!/ We can’t defend for S!/ Can’t beat a 2.Bundesliga side’ side et al …..

Well, that was another very enjoyable workout with a lot of positives among things we still naturally need to work on at this stage of pre-season.

With the usual caveat that this is just another extended training session to the end goal of Chelsea-

I loved the non-league style ground with Jurgen and co sat on plastic garden chairs. Thats old school pre-season right there haha.

Another good 45 match mins in the majority of the players legs against a side much further on in their prep. Playing their 6th friendly. Who’s league season starts on Sunday.

Very controlled, dominant first half where again, the attacking play really stood out. Diaz a lot more direct with a real tidy goal. Jota continuing from last Wednesday with another all action outing. Doak yet again showing he belongs at this level. Proper old school winger and then some. And Gakpo showing his great football intelligence dominating in a deeper midfield role. Options a plenty.

The second half was naturally more chaotic with all the kids. But still a lot of positives-

The Salah/ Nunez understanding continues to grow. And super composure from Darwin his goals. If he can continue that, given the amount of times he’s clean through, he could be set for a mammoth season. The development from year 1 to year 2 is glaring already.

Harvey was boss going forward with most everything going through him.

Quansah is looking more and more like he’ll have that 5th CH slot they like to keep a youngster in nailed down.

I like Bradley a lot but he’s, naturally, a ways behind Gomez who had his second very good half this camp. He’s the de-facto right full back-up to Trent/ starter if Trent ever starts inside. Loving the extra responsibility of the armband both games too. A confident Joe Gomez believing in himself again eases a heck of a lot of defensive fears.

Not sure what all the Adrian angst was about I was reading? 🤷🏼‍♂️ After the initial oggie, he was sound. Great one-on-one save. Stood up big in another forcing a hurried shot wide. And lest we forget, this is just a third choice goalie who is invaluable as a vet. training goalie day in, day out. Who’s also highly valued in the changies for keeping everyones spirits up on the daily. Mad what ridiculous things folk nark about. A 3rd choice vet. goalie who won’t see the field this year is the the very LAST of anyones worries.

Talking of the oggie, McConnell recovered great for a kid to have a very composed 45. He’s benefited massively from the shock Fabinho move this camp to gain invaluable game experience he never would have. Like all the other kids who have done themselves no harm.

Mad how folk are panicking over the 6 goals conceded the 2 games. All in the second half. All from XI’s that won’t see the light of day in a competitive game. In an extended training exercise. 🤦‍♂️

The real negatives from both games for me are Tsimikas and Matip. I just don’t see where Tsimikas fits in this new system we appear to be sticking with. He looks totally lost either in the AndyRobbo role. Or further forward. And Joel, like he did for large parts of last season, looks as gone as Fabinho. We probably will keep him this last year of his deal. But it looks a season too far. By far and away the poorest one of the four CH’s now. Sadly. As he’s been a superb player in Red.

All in all a very good, beneficial camp that has us right where we should be at this stage of pre-season. With two very enjoyable, very beneficial work-outs under our belts.

Now to hopefully add some bodies before we jet off for the next leg in Singapore Friday.

Last edited:
Interesting reading from Szoboszlai on the last 10 days in Germany that he’s never had three-a-days in his life. Thought that was a German staple given how uber professional they are. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Turns out its a Jurgen thing.

Unlike the impending Fabinho departure, this one REALLY hurts.

A man who should be leaving on the best of terms. With fond memories as one of our best ever captains and PL era footballers. If not among our greatest ever players and leaders period. Who has guided his team to win every honour in the game and served the football club impeccably through 12 glorious years.

Instead, departing under a VERY dark cloud after he himself went out of his way to make himself a special case and champion both woman’s and LGBTQI+ rights and happiness. Repeatedly saying he views football as being inclusive for ’everyone.’ Yet now selling his morals and principles down the river to take riches from a Country and regime where those rights don’t exist. Where woman are treated as second class citizens. And you literally risk losing your life if you openly admit to what attracts you and makes you happy. The exact, polar opposite of that all inclusive game he’s repeatedly spoken out for as an advocate for those that naturally feel he’s now turned his back on them. Heck, he even won Footballer of the Year for his brilliant work giving those marginalised and repressed in society a very public voice as he sure as heck was nowhere near the best player on the park to earn the award that season.

A complete reneging on everything you believed he was and what made you so proud of him and what he stood for. What the City stands for. Equality, inclusivity and happiness for all. He genuinely felt like he got it and was one of us. In his own words- ’I do believe when you see something that is clearly wrong and makes another human being feel excluded you should stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them.” ‘’Before I’m a footballer, I’m a parent, a husband, a son, a brother and a friend to the people in my life who matter so much to me,” “The idea that any of them would feel excluded from playing or attending a football match, simply for being and identifying as who they are, blows my mind.”

Sadly, when Henderson’s true values were tested in the wider social context, and he was forced to choose between morals and money, he gave his answer. And many won’t forget that.

I really don’t know how ANYONE can square that as being remotely ok and it NOT smacking of outright hypocrisy and betrayal? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thank you,Jordan, for all you gave to the cause on the pitch for LFC and how you lead the football club as well as any man to have that honour ever has.

I, along with many in Liverpool, are just left exceptionally sad, disappointed and let down like I never have been before with a L’pool player, that you turned out to be the complete opposite of what you always portrayed yourself to be.

You could have made an incredibly powerful stand mate and you where in the best position possible to do it.

Instead, you leave with a stain over your character and your legacy really tarnished for many who looked up to you in the City you called home for the past 12 years.

A really sad end to a glittering Liverpool career when it should have been the complete opposite.

I am absolutely LOVING Kop Outs destroying both Henderson and Gerrard right now. 👏🏻👏🏻

Nothing leas than the pair deserve and completely understandably. I feel bad enough for them. I couldn’t begin to understand the hurt and betrayal if I were part of that community.

Reap what you sow.

1690396490717.png

Last edited:
View attachment 646352

Like something AI wrote. Proper cringe. It's hard to believe a word he says.

And not one mention of the manager in all that. Which begs the question, among all the proper weirdness here when the club has said absolutely nothing on this, has there been a breakdown between them?

Like something AI wrote. Proper cringe. It's hard to believe a word he says.

And not one mention of the manager in all that. Which begs the question, among all the proper weirdness here when the club has said absolutely nothing on this, has there been a breakdown between them?
What is there for the club to say. He's time was coming to an end and they get an out to in getting his wages of the book. I'm not even gonna bother watching or reading his exit malarkey. Just sadnness honestly how it's ended for one of my favourite players to ever play for the club.

What is there for the club to say. He's time was coming to an end and they get an out to in getting his wages of the book. I'm not even gonna bother watching or reading his exit malarkey. Just sadnness honestly how it's ended for one of my favourite players to ever play for the club.

Announcing the sale would be a start.

Tomorrow the city will host Kyiv's 'Pride Day' on behalf of Ukraine,
an event supported by Kop Outs and the local LGBTQI+ community with many delegates from the Ukraine and across Europe in attendance in L’pool.

Jordans invite must have got lost in the post. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Tomorrow the city will host Kyiv's 'Pride Day' on behalf of Ukraine,
an event supported by Kop Outs and the local LGBTQI+ community with many delegates from the Ukraine and across Europe in attendance in L’pool.

Jordans invite must have got lost in the post. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Or maybe it was returned to sender.