The Liverpool Thread

As I’m on a Curtis kick at the minute, buzzing off him shutting up the gobshites on L’pool SM, this is a great little watch.

Scouse praise doesn’t come much higher.

And then he does this. 🤦‍♂️

My initial disappointment in Stevie has to turned to flat out embarrassment at the highly paid **** he's whored himself out to be in that stage-managed photie op/ 'speech.'

I guess, perish the thought, in the event that L'pool ever fell into the hands of Saudi owners, he won't be protesting game in, game out like the H&G carnage alongside the rest of his fellow citizens.

And then he does this. 🤦‍♂️

My initial disappointment in Stevie has to turned to flat out embarrassment at the highly paid **** he's whored himself out to be in that stage-managed photie op/ 'speech.'

I guess, perish the thought, in the event that L'pool ever fell into the hands of Saudi owners, he won't be protesting game in, game out like the H&G carnage alongside the rest of his fellow citizens.
Will be further disappointed if the captain leaves considering his initiatives and what he stands for off the pitch. Stevie as disappointed as it was, was never the brightest and his personality separated from football and the company he keeps it was expected. Don't think the club will stand in the way if Hendo does decide to leave which is also disappointing in itself.

Will be further disappointed if the captain leaves considering his initiatives and what he stands for off the pitch. Stevie as disappointed as it was, was never the brightest and his personality separated from football and the company he keeps it was expected. Don't think the club will stand in the way if Hendo does decide to leave which is also disappointing in itself.

Surprised that was never more of a thing mate. He was often keeping company with some proper rats/ gangsters when he played for us. Can't just have been Scousers that knew/ saw it.

Wouldn't be worrying about Jordan at all mate. Aside from their being no approach for him, he's not training like Rocky to be in the best shape of his life to wow the Saudi's.

Like many others, he has a massive point to prove to everyone this season. This is getting a proper '19-'20 vibe about it. They mean F business once more!

@dialkh2

We were discussing potential outs today at dinner-

If Utd are going to do a Utd madness and drop £50 million or so on this mad ******* from Inter, then that sets Kelleher's price at £30/ 35 million surely? Phillips will go finally. Sorry man. Everyone would move on Tsimikas but not too arsed if he's around to spell AndyRobbo at times. And that was pretty much it. Although there was split views on Fabinho if a decent offer came in, not sure Klopp would be down with that. Thiago has flat out said he's no interest in leaving to Saudi or anywhere so that doesn't seem an option.

That's still a sizeable chunk back that would take care of another midfielder. And set them up for what's looking like going all in on Colwill late in the window.

@dialkh2

We were discussing potential outs today at dinner-

If Utd are going to do a Utd madness and drop £50 million or so on this mad ******* from Inter, then that sets Kelleher's price at £30/ 35 million surely? Phillips will go finally. Sorry man. Everyone would move on Tsimikas but not too arsed if he's around to spell AndyRobbo at times. And that was pretty much it. Although there was split views on Fabinho if a decent offer came in, not sure Klopp would be down with that. Thiago has flat out said he's no interest in leaving to Saudi or anywhere so that doesn't seem an option.

That's still a sizeable chunk back that would take care of another midfielder. And set them up for what's looking like going all in on Colwill late in the window.
Just as im typing this ornstein has reported that Hendo is leaning towards accepting the saudis deal so if he leaves then we will probably bring in another midfielder. As depressing as that news is, we need a left-sided CB to either replace/compete with Van Dijk or if we are sticking with this 3 at the back inverted fullback with Trent and Fab in the pivot then replace or compete with Robbo. Love Robbo but he looks like a fish outta water in that role which is one of the reasons I don't like it as he is probably the best LB in the world. Colwill is the one I want more than anything every time I watch him he just reminds me of Saliba as no CB that young should be that good. Would also love Lavia as he is at what I call the second stage of development in that you get him now before they start quoting 100 mill prices for him after another season or two with top-level experience.

Henderson has suddenly moved from a complete non-story with no contact, to reports all over this evening of mind boggling £700k P/W wages. Which I can’t see being true at all but it puts a whole different complexion on it if they are offering him that. Utter madness.

They were always bringing in a third midfielder mate when they pulled the plug on Bellingham. The need for young legs in there became apparent quickly last season and we’ve lost three vets to start with. So if Jordan goes (which I don’t think he will but that money man …..), it doesn’t effect that.

The sudden Henderson development is as mad as Colwill. I think you’re bang on about why they are prepared to pay van Dijk money now before it gets proper silly. Theres just no genuinely top quality young CH’s coming through anywhere like him and he’s home grown to boot.

Proper difficult deal even if he pushes that could well be a late window/ January move if they can turn Chelsea.

Well todays moved fast on what was a non-story 24 hours ago.

I really can’t believe Jordan would be so hypocritically stupid to completely tarnish his whole legacy by selling out to the despicable Saudi *****.

Lest we forget this is a man who was nominated as an LGBT ally of the year for using his very public platform perfectly, and in the right way, to stand up for the still disgracefully marginalised minorities in our society.

Kop Outs! response today was picture perfect brilliant and reflects the majority stance in the accepting City our shared passion of LFC represents.

Think hard tonight mate. Think REAL hard!

Your legacy as an absolute living Leg-End all time great L’pool player and captain isn’t worth tarnishing for money you don’t even need.

Last edited:
Jordan not sullied his reputation by becoming one of the biggest and most embarrassing hypocrites the games ever seen then?

Excellent. Good lad. Legacy and respect still intact. If his PR has taken a heck of a unneeded blow.

Today is a good day.

One of the worst columns I've ever read this. Tone deaf doesn’t begin to cover the ignorant ****.

I’m as disappointed and disgusted at it coming from a fellow Scouser as anything. But it seemingly doesn’t matter where you come from. You either have principles and morals or you don’t.

Disgusted doesn’t begin to cover that. They are THAT far removed from actual reality its not even funny. How the F do you miss the actual point by SO much? Or is it you just don’t care so long as your palms being crossed with riches?

You have to wonder what his mates back home are saying to him as I’d be ripping him a new one for being such a simple ****, to be polite. and sending out the conpletely wrong, ignorant message.

One of the worst columns I've ever read this. Tone deaf doesn’t begin to cover the ignorant ****.

I’m as disappointed and disgusted at it coming from a fellow Scouser as anything. But it seemingly doesn’t matter where you come from. You either have principles and morals or you don’t.

Disgusted doesn’t begin to cover that. They are THAT far removed from actual reality its not even funny. How the F do you miss the actual point by SO much? Or is it you just don’t care so long as your palms being crossed with riches?

You have to wonder what his mates back home are saying to him as I’d be ripping him a new one for being such a simple ****, to be polite. and sending out the conpletely wrong, ignorant message.
Scouse this is Fowler we are talking about he's not exactly the brightest individual, he's only spouting this c*** because no British team wants him as manager.

Money corrupts them all mate.

Whats that saying ….. ‘Never meet your heroes.’

Unless you actually know someone, you don’t know them.

Money corrupts them all mate.

Whats that saying ….. ‘Never meet your heroes.’

Unless you actually know someone, you don’t know them.
It does indeed but a normal folk with a regular job I'd understand. However footballers make generational wealth 10x over so this being banded around doesn't make sense to me. It's just more greed after greed.

It does indeed but a normal folk with a regular job I'd understand. However footballers make generational wealth 10x over so this being banded around doesn't make sense to me. It's just more greed after greed.

I'm over Jordan turning out to be the polar opposite to what he's always presented himself as. So moving on from here ....

Big week coming up with Fabinho and Henderson gone.

I know what I'd do. I'd be putting the money down for Caicedo and saying 'let's talk.' Chelsea are nowhere near close to that deal by all reports and losing the aforementioned vet. experience out of nowhere (F off Gerrard you rat! 😡), on top of what's already left, I think you need a banger in there.

But what I'd do and what they might be thinking are probably Worlds apart.

If I was to bet what they'll do, I would err on Lavia and Thuram being brought in swiftly. I think Jurgen would be all over moulding their frightening potential. Which would all set us up superbly across the middle for the next 5 years or so. Nobody would have that quality, rotational depth anywhere. Just folk would have to realise and accept the inevitable growing pains this season. A 'long term gain over short term pain' situation. And it would then allow you to go all out at CH next year and address that with the midfield and attack safely boxed.

It will be fascinating to see which way they decide to go now the Saudi's have thrown this massive curveball in there.

Last edited:
Even the grim weather isn’t detracting from the buzz of finally getting to see L’pool play a game of football again this teatime. Albeit a half baked friendly kick-around which will be our third hard training session of another gruelling day of a Klopp pre-season. But a game of L’pool togger to enjoy once again nonetheless.

And Fabinho should hopefully complete his medical and move to get the first of two outs put to bed this week.

No Henderson in the squad.

Is right. Made his position completey untenable since he’s sold his morals down the swanny.

This whole sorry affair needs concluding ASAP.