The Liverpool Thread

As always when we aren't involved, I'm proper envious of the two set's of supporters having a day out at Wembley today for the season opener and silverware.

As the aim of the club always used to be growing up, that's my personal main season aim. To be in next years CS. We''ll of had one boss season in that case as we'll have invariably won the league or cup. It went downhill quickly after that like, but the mad celebrations last year on an absolutely boss day out in Leicester against the cheats, in a proper game of togger, were one of the highlights of last season that will live long in the memory.

And if we could have the added bonus of a run to Dublin next May too .....

Last edited:
I am going to preface this by saying I personally don't pay much heed to Fabrizio Romano. I think he's a chancer who gets a lot of second hand news off agents who play him to there own ends. But I know many of you here do hang on to his views. So .....

I was just listening to him on a live pod, and he's adamant that we will sign 3 players that we are working on behind the scenes. Lavia and two others.

Make of that what you will but it totally aligns with what I believe they'll do and why I aren't panicking at all. If we do indeed add Lavia and a CH, plus another CH/ M on top, then a heck of a lot of folk currently narking across L;pool SM like the petulant little kids they are at not getting what they want NOW!, are going to look proper silly as that would be a fantastic window and all but complete the rebuild of Klopp 2.0.

Patience is a virtue. 26 days to go.

Mohamed Salah’s agent has dismissed speculation that the Liverpool attacker could join the exodus to Saudi Arabia this summer.

Reports in the Middle East claimed that Al Ittihad are prepared to pay a fee of £60million ($76.3m) and offer the Egypt international around £155m in wages over the course of two years.

However, his representative, Ramy Abbas, insists that Salah has no interest in ending his six-year stay at Anfield.

Salah, 31, signed a new three-year contract last summer which made him the highest-paid player in the club’s history on around £350,000 per week.

“If we considered leaving LFC this year, we wouldn’t have renewed the contract last summer. Mohamed remains committed to LFC,” Abbas posted on social media.

A very good fitness exercise to round out a very enjoyable pre-season.

I’m just disappointed I didn’t see ‘FSG OUT!’ banners and constant chanting against them and pitchfork waving. I was even promised a plane by someone. Very disappointing.

The SM/ on-line virgins have lead me to believe the movement has started! Maybe we’re saving it for Sunday? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Talking of, we’ll wallop Chelsea Sunday avvy BTW as the climb back to the summit begins.

Can

Not

WAIT!!!!!

Uo the Reds! FTT!!!!!

A very good fitness exercise to round out a very enjoyable pre-season.

I’m just disappointed I didn’t see ‘FSG OUT!’ banners and constant chanting against them and pitchfork waving. I was even promised a plane by someone. Very disappointing.

The SM/ on-line virgins have lead me to believe the movement has started! Maybe we’re saving it for Sunday? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Talking of, we’ll wallop Chelsea Sunday avvy BTW as the climb back to the summit begins.

Can

Not

WAIT!!!!!

Uo the Reds! FTT!!!!!
We'll wallop no one playing this hybrid Inverted role bs that seems to be Klopp and the coaching teams fascination. Any half decent ball into the channel is a chance on goal. I can't even spell the team we played against tonight but any half decent team will score plenty against us.

Really worried about this season ngl. Usually I'd put faith in the management to paper over the cracks but to me this season will be the eye opener if Klopp is beginning his descent into late Wenger era territory. Too much faith in certain personal and stubbornness in tactics that clearly don't work. I don't even believe transfers or a lack of DM etc.. will be our downfall this season. They say insanity is doing the same thing over n over and expecting different results. We'll see if the management can spot that it ain't personal that's the issue but the tactics that clearly doesn't suit the players we have.

Really worried about this season ngl. Usually I'd put faith in the management to paper over the cracks but to me this season will be the eye opener if Klopp is beginning his descent into late Wenger era territory. Too much faith in certain personal and stubbornness in tactics that clearly don't work. I don't even believe transfers or a lack of DM etc.. will be our downfall this season. They say insanity is doing the same thing over n over and expecting different results. We'll see if the management can spot that it ain't personal that's the issue but the tactics that clearly doesn't suit the players we have.
I don't think Liverpool decline will happen this season, not when Salah is fit and on fire. Midfield might need a bit of time to get running, but I think they will finish 2nd again. Once age catch up with Salah, similar to Van Dijk ( and while I think he's still really good, just not on top level from couple of seasons ago). There's so much creativity in Liverpool team that I expect at 3 players in double digits at minimum.

Regarding DM, Liverpool will end up paying, or close to, what Soton wants for Lavia. He's another really young player, but serviceable right away. Can only get better.

Honestly? I think Liverpool will be the most fun team to follow for the neutrals. So much attacking power and not much defending.

Fantastic kit launch that.

This night is turning into a real fun belter.

1691706137938.jpeg

Last edited:
Who'll be the new scapegoat now? But **** 110 mill kudos to Brighton but Caicedo is the best you can get on the market. No excuses for the team now and Klopp and the coaches have to get it right.

Given the system you are so against mate contributed to us now carrying over the second best PL record this calendar year into the new season, it continues to baffle me why you have so much angst? 🤷🏼‍♂️

But each to their own.

Given the system you are so against mate contributed to us now carrying over the second best PL record this calendar year into the new season, it continues to baffle me why you have so much angst? 🤷🏼‍♂️

But each to their own.
Because you don't need to be a football savant to see how watching us out of possession is going to get us caught out and has happened time and time again. I'd be lying if I said im not apprehensive about how we are setting up. We have excellent players that will probably paper over the cracks as they did when we finally pulled our socks up at the end of last season. However like I said before it doesn't matter who we bring in if we continue to persist with the same tactics. Yes getting a midfield that can finally run will go a long way in providing cover to the defence but it will just be papering over the cracks for me. We'll see how the season goes I guess.

All the best trying to outscore us.

All the best trying to hit us in transition when both VAR is in use, which takes away a few pre-season goals. Not least 2 of Bayerns.And a settled side not interspersed with kid, changing from half-to-half, that will be back to a relentless, coordinated press.

We’ll see indeed.