The Liverpool Thread

Very good.🤣

1706392458179.png

Today had to happen and now it’s out of the way, the pathway to the best 5 months of any of our lives is clear.

Todays admin-

Current total game unbeaten run:
P 10 W 7 D 3 F 26 A 8 CS: 3

Current unbeaten home total games run:
P 25 W 21 D 4 F 73 A 22 CS: 11
3 Straight Wins.

I wasn’t going to talk about our soon to be erstwhile manager. I’m saving writing on him and putting my eternal thanks into prose for after our (hopefully) second Wembley final of the season the end of May and, God willing, the completion of football immortality by winning all 4 in the same season. This was strictly business. One game at a time as it’s always been. Playing our part in helping our magnificent team home.

But then emotion over takes you when you are in the ground. And the realisation today was game one of hopefully 30 games left that we get to share with him the finale to whats been the best 9-year journey any football fan could ever wish to be on. 30 games to sing his name to the high Heavens. (Sorry mate. We had reached a compromise of only singing your name at FT. But now you’ve made this all about you, we get to celebrate you in OUR own way through games of football again and you are just gonna’ have to accept that and deal.). 30 times to say, from the bottom of our hearts-

’Danke Jürgen.

Ein ECHTER Scouser!!!!!’

See, emotions just take over. As they did in the ground today. Both on and off the pitch. And the more I think about it, the more I can see the reasoning behind announcing his departure now. The perfect parting gift. He knows just how boss this gang of Reds are already. And he’s turned every game left into a Cup Final atmosphere to give us the best possible chance of winning the mystical quadruple. And today was another significant step forward to that end. It’s a genius move to ensure we have the best possible chance of winning it all.

Progression to Round 5 boxed with the minimum of fuss and effort. ✅

No replay. ✅

Picture perfect home draw to see us in to the quarters. ✅

After the above is won, the Ev’s Cup Final at Anfield will then be a wild midweek affair under the lights for Jurgen’s last Derby. And, God willing, Everton’s for a VERY long time. 🤞🏻🤞🏻✅

If Carlsberg did perfect Sunday’s ….. Except r Jurgy does them. And today was a glimpse into what those next 29 Cup Finals will be like.

If the man has to go out, we’ll do our level best to ensure he goes out in style with ALL the marbles!

Roll on Wednesday and the next biggest match of this season. The next biggest match of our lives.

29 more of them together to give everything we have and celebrate, much to his frustration, a man from the Black Forest in Germany who is as Scouse as Scouse gets. 29 more chances to be a part of the collective, that he understands and embodies so well, and will his boys home with the same off-field effort and heart his demanding hard graft has on it.

This epic ride is FAR from over yet!

Up the history hungry Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
🚨🔴 EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool have made contact with Michael Edwards over the weekend.

FSG plan was to offer to be in charge of the restructure at the club.

⛔️ Understand Edwards has rejected #LFC proposal as he’s not interested even in a more senior role as of today.

One of the best games if not the best game of the season from us. The counter-press was outstanding and the Chelsea defence and midfield had no time to breathe. Macca continues to grow in the role and get better each game and Bradley like I said before is way ahead of any backup RB we had for Trent in the academy. He is a different gravy. Nunez has to be the most unluckiest footballer in the world. I cant even describe his performance, watch him play. Even then he was still outstanding too. On to arsenal now and we are more than purring enough to get all three points IMO.

Another superb night out with Jurgen’s ridiculous gang of soon to be historical Reds 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Yesterday’s admin-

Title Countdown:
15 wins down/ 15 to go.
51 points down/ 42 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 15 W 10 D 5 F 35 A 12 CS: 7
4 Straight Wins.

Current unbeaten home PL run:
P 23 W 18 D 5 F 58 A 19 CS: 11
2 Straight Wins.

Klopp farewell tour
2 games down/ 28 to go.
P 2 W 2 F 9 A 3
2 Straight Wins.

If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, be they a L’pool fan/ oppo fan/ football journalist/ football pundit et al, still doubts these lads going in ANY game, or still doubts that they are both the best side in the Country, who are clear, genuine favourites to win it all, then football is honestly not the sport for you. Seriously, go the pictures or take up hiking or some S on a weekend. This really isn’t and never will be the thing for you. This thing of ours that our boys just happen to be the absolute mustard at playing.

That first half last night …..

Oh

My

WORD!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍

I’ve being going the game since I was first taken in 1980. Regularly since ‘87 when I got the seasie and broke out on my own and started to go away with mates. And I honestly don’t think I’ve EVER seen as utterly dominant a performance, of another top side, to that extent as I witnessed last night. That was pure, football ****. A display so dominant that Chelsea looked physically and mentally broken at HT trudging off. A display where Liverpool said this is our gaff, and we are SO much better than you that you will remember this humiliation for the rest of your lives. But live to tell the tale and let our legend and fear spread throughout the land!

I’m being a tad facetious there but I really don’t know where to begin on the players as I might never stop! Every last one of them was a 10/10.

I believe the rumours are indeed true and Cafu has posters of Conor Bradley, the greatest living Northern Irishman, on his bedroom wall. Joe Gomez is now fuming at him for a goal the greatest strikers in history would be proud of. And Joe Gomez doesn’t fume at anyone!

Darwin Nunez might just be the best and unluckiest footballer to ever play the game yanno’. I mean to be THAT good, amd THAT dominant, and then have a goalie in such top form that he turns two brilliant efforts on to the woodwork, whilst a perfect peno and bullet header meet the same outcome of rattling the post and bar, is as unlucky as it gets. Conor gets the plaudits but football ….. scrap that. LIFE without Darwin just isn’t worth living!

Mac Allister- If you madly still crave a traditional 6, you patently haven’t been paying attention this season and don’t understand the way we now view the position and what we require. What an aesthetically brilliant controller of games of football he is from back there. And one real tough little fella’ who loves a ‘tattle and closes down passing lanes and space superbly. Soz Brighton, we robbed you blind.

Big Virg ….. Might just be the best CH thats ever played the game yanno’. The physicality of Baresi. The smarts of Maldini to rarely have to use it. The ability on the ball and passing range with either foot that puts Beckanbauer and Moore in the shade. The aerial dominance of an Adams. The speed that would burn Ferdinand off without even sprinting. And he barely breaks sweat doing it! I never thought I’d see as good a CH as Jockey Hansen play for this club again in every defensive facet. I was wrong.

I’ll stop gushing there on this awesome gang of Reds and just pity Arsenal for what they are about to receive Sunday as we put there (non) title challenge to bed once and for all.

Was Paul Tierney ok last night by the way? Can someone check on him? Has Jurgen agreed to leave on the premiss that they all stop being absolute bleeps and ref games fairly and properly for the rest of the year?

Oh, massive pat on the back to both Jurgen and ourselves. Said in Sundays missive that the sly German so-and-so knew exactly what he was doing, and the support his boys would get, when he made the announcement. And two Cup Final atmosphere’s in, last nights absolutely belting and one of the best of the season so far, is testament to that. Genius boss. GENIUS!

Oh yeah, karma is a beautiful thing aye Gallagher you horrible, narking, diving S/house!

Is it Sunday avvy already?

Up the destiny bound Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
One of the best games if not the best game of the season from us. The counter-press was outstanding and the Chelsea defence and midfield had no time to breathe. Macca continues to grow in the role and get better each game and Bradley like I said before is way ahead of any backup RB we had for Trent in the academy. He is a different gravy. Nunez has to be the most unluckiest footballer in the world. I cant even describe his performance, watch him play. Even then he was still outstanding too. On to arsenal now and we are more than purring enough to get all three points IMO.

Haha. I wrote and posted before reading this and us both highlighting the same players.

Great minds. 👊🏻🍻

Everything that could go wrong went wrong ngl. Still 2 points ahead so not the end of the world but cant help but feel that it was a missed opportunity especially with the fixtures coming up. Team selection beforehand didn't help but I feel Klopp hand was pushed because of the injuries regardless. Good to see Thiago back too.

Last edited:
First time this season I’ve been able to write that was the first poor day out with Jurgen’s Reds. Which, 7 months in, is beyond ridiculous and testament to just how ridiculously good we’ve been.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
15 wins down/ 15 to go.
51 points down/ 42 to go.

Klopp farewell tour
3 games down/ 27 to go.
P 3 W 2 L 1 F 10 A 6

Football’s mad isn’t it and mirrors actual reality in so many ways. You go from the highest of highs last Wednesday, and our best performance by far in over 2 seasons. To an absolute dog of one 4 days later and our worst display since many from last season. Just one of them days when absolutely everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. A mad one where every single player was off it and a team brim full of confidence, off the back of destroying Chelsea and a 15 game unbeaten league run, looked totally devoid of any and couldn’t do anything right. Good days and bad days that you just can’t explain save for that being the human condition in us all. Art mirroring actual life reality.

We were abysmal from back to front yesterday. And I didn’t think Arsenal were that much better personally in what was a pretty poor game of football between 2 of the top 3 sides. They didn’t have to work for the win, which we gifted them, and that makes it all the more frustrating. They were there for the taking and the only beneficiary out of proceedings were City. Who I still personally see as the only other team in this race regardless of the ‘current’ table. Arsenal will S it again before May. They aren’t our business now. Thankfully, absolutely nothing has changed and we still have our own destiny in our own hands against City. Which, in February, is all you can ask for and a brilliant position to be in.

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong yesterday. From the heart breaking news Friday that cost us Conor playing. Through finding out on the way down yesterday big Dom had indeed stayed home with a virus. Then Darwin was only on the bench with his foot. Three key players bang in form and integral to the side. With a lot of energy and physicality lost against a desperate Arsenal in a must win for them. Then Alisson turns into prime Mignolet and gifts them the lead twice. With big Virg being a party to the second you just had to laugh at in its absurdity. Hard to criticise wither player given their standing as absolute living legends here. Just inexplicable things that happen and take a game of football away from you. Konate walking (Although where exactly he is supposed to go when a player turns into him at that speed is anyones guess 🤷🏼‍♂️), just rounded off a bad day at the office where nothing went right.

But that’s football and it’s allowed. These things happen over a season to every side. You can’t win every game and always have ’one of them’ in there. It just smarts more when you are in a serious race again with City knowing what they are capable of.

But City are also acutely aware of just what we are capable of and would have been made up ti a man with the result yesterday. Arsenal aren’t City’s business. WE are. So we dust ourselves down, put it to bed, and roar back out next week at home and start another long, unbeaten run.

Nothing has changed here. The title is still in our own hands with City to come to ours. So nobodies belief should have changed either in what the end goal is in May.

Pity Burnley felling the backlash in front of 54/55k rabid, fellow believers next Sat’day avvy.

Next this morning, time to buy the LC Final tickets. It’s a hard life being us. 😁

Up the still top the tree Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
🤞🏻🤞🏻For a Brentford result tonight and Frank to increase his already burgeoning reputation within Anfield.

God rest those who lost their lives 66 years ago today in the Munich air disaster.

Football has no colours when disaster happens.

Liverpool remembers today, as every year, with our friends in Manchester still affected by what happened on that tragic night with one of English football's greatest ever loses.

Everything that could go wrong went wrong ngl. Still 2 points ahead so not the end of the world but cant help but feel that it was a missed opportunity especially with the fixtures coming up. Team selection beforehand didn't help but I feel Klopp hand was pushed because of the injuries regardless. Good to see Thiago back too.

Spoke to soon ****** **** he ran around for less than 5min and now hes probably out for another 4 months.

The crying online at halftime was hilarious to see after full time. Of course the team will look disjointed with 2 or 3 key players out but at this point its just about getting the job done and getting back to winning ways.

Another one ticked off from Jurgen’s brilliant gang of Reds in front of Anfield’s biggest ever league crowd.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
16 wins down/ 14 to go.
54 points down/ 39 to go.

Current unbeaten home PL run:
P 24 W 19 D 5 F 61 A 20 CS: 11
3 Straight Wins.

Klopp farewell tour:
4 games down/ 26 to go.
P 4 W 3 L 1 F 13 A 7

Ala d above, I was bemused last night, reading before I turned in, that people were actually narking that first half. I mean seriously, aside from them being the best side in the Country this season still going for all 4 trophies, just how hard is it to understand actual football reality and context? This generation of reactionary fans man. Honestly. 🤦‍♂️

L’pool weren’t good first half. It was disjointed and slow paced. With players making off runs and taking extra touches. Like a team just put together that morning. Because, like, it actually was! The goalie is second choice and has a grand total of 8 games worth of PL experience under his belt. (Side note- He was great and made 3 super saves to ensure another massive 3 points. Absolutely nothing he could do with a brilliant headed equaliser.). The RB is nowhere near fit enough. Having to play, for the second straight week, through exterior circumstances and feeling something first half that had him off HT. The LB was starting his first game in 5 months. Quansah, as brilliant as he’s shown, doesn’t have 20 L’pool games under his belt. With just 7 in the league. Endo has been away for over a month with his National side. Mac Allister was in a completely new role for him in his L’pool career ….. Last minute changes all over with major players absent. How anyone didn’t expect it to be patchy until they worked each other out and got back into the swing of things is beyond me? 🤷🏼‍♂️

But this L’pool vintage are made of proper stern stuff to embrace whatever is thrown their way. And they embraced those changes, both pre-match, and throughout the game, to yet again bring home another vital 3 points on their relentless charge to #20. And nobody epitomised that more than Curtis Jones. The one, stable constant in midfield first half. Who was magnificent filling in at RB second-half and my MOTM. Such an intelligent footballer Curtis to go along with his ridiculous ability. I proper rate Foden. But there’s NO other young midfielder I’d swap Curtis for. Gods honest. It’s utterly mad how many still don’t appreciate just what a top drawer player he is. And genuinely one of our own too. I just don’t get it? 🤷🏼‍♂️ And ahead of him second half, another exquisite youngster adds to the change yesterday and a far more dominant second half. Harvey was superb and kept going and going. And we scored two goals down to his relentless enthusiasm. The second of which drew the biggest cheer of the day from the biggest crowd favourite since heck knows when. The sheer, unadulterated joy from Darwin at scoring is infectious. It lights the crowd. It lights his teammates. It kills the game. A stupendous header that his relentless hard work and never say die attitude for the side has more than deserved. The cheats can happily have Haaland for me. He might be a more clinical goal scorer. But he wouldn’t fit us like a glove the way Darwin does. He embodies every last one of us belting out his name for the umpteenth time every last game. He embodies the City and values of the club to a T. I know I regularly gush about him, but seriously, how can anyone not? He’s as mad as a box of frogs. But what a ****** superb, all round player we have here. Who’s completely unplayable when he’s fully in it.

Another one ticked off. Another team fighting for their PL lives despatched with relative ease by the end. All from this superb gang of Reds who fully embraced the massive change thrown their way yesterday to win again when lesser side’s would have crumbled under it all.

Mentality Monsters redux and then some!

14 more Redmen. 14 more.

We are winning this league yanno’!

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
1707651480300.png

'IF'' Xabi is here managing next year, Trent's output should go back to superhuman levels as he returns to being the best right sided playmaker in World football from right full. For, unless he tweaks his style, Alonso relies on his two FB's, like most top continental sides/ Countries over the decades, to be his main attacking outlet.