The Liverpool Thread

‘Wem-ber-ly, Wem-ber-ly, We’re the greatest team In Europe and we’re going to Wem-ber-ly!’

Grim, early start for what we hope will be the first of three visits to Anfield South over the next 3 months. You just can’t beat going to major finals. And this one in the early Spring is what adds to making the LC so special from a supporter perspective.

And you just can’t beat the memories of seeing L’pool picking up silverware. Which, God willing, today will be the first of 4 that the best CH I’ve ever seen live will lift over the coming months. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Straight into these soft Southern bleeps Redmen!

The whole back line has been huge this game. The Irish Allison making some huge saves.

Cheated out of a goal, unsurprisingly, and Chelsea getting away with murder in the first half

1708901451447.png

Congrats👍🏼 Chelsea really are poor considering everything. They must have some of the biggest flops in the league signing wise
I"ll always maintain that Poch is the biggest fraud out there. He bottled year after year with that Spurs side that should've won a trophy at least and got progressively worse every year under him when he was left to his own devices and Mitchell left. Signing dross after dross. The tactics he employed to sit back in ET IMO is a fireable offence and im surprised todd boehly didn't fire him there and then when he climbed up the Wembley steps.

First proper chance I’ve had to write anything on Sunday’s heroics. I think I can categorically say that’s our best ever final win in context. And I passed out for the first time in my life too into the bargain! 🤦‍♂️

Just to pass the time, we were working it out going down which Wembley that was for everyone. Unless I missed anything, that was my 23rd. Which includes a zillion finals, CS, Cup semis, and the Makita tournament and Football League Centenary tournament. (Two for the kids. Go look them up anyone going ‘The Makita what now? 🤷🏼‍♂️’.). I Idon’t say that to boast. Heck, I wasn’t close to topping Wembley trips n our group. I’m always cognisant of how fortunate and privileged I am to be from the greatest City in the World and being brought up Red and not Blue. With all the opportunities thats afforded me over the years to be able to go the game. I mention that as Sunday was categorically the single best Wembley out of all those trips in my humble. And arguably our best ever final, period, in context. Istanbul, which as mythically awesome as it has become, was basically a 6 minute miracle. Albeit against one of the finest sides the game has ever seen. We got battered the rest of that game. Sunday was 120 plus minutes non-strop graft and fight, from a L’pool team down to its absolute bare bones, losing more of the few senior pro’s we had left, and culminating in a slew of inexperienced kids outperforming multi-billion pound footballers. Gods honest, I’ve ’NEVER’ been prouder of my club in a football sense than what that magnificent gang of Reds displayed Sunday.

And don’t let ANYONE ever tell you the League Cup is second rate and doesn’t matter to the players as much as it does to the support. The togetherness at the end in the euphoric celebrations was as good as its’s EVER been.

I won’t say much more as you’ve had a few days of this to take in. I’m late to the party down to the aforementioned blackout. Which happened after the game in a boozer when I just went. Not ale related. I’d had little before the game with the early KO. Turns out it was simply down to exhaustion and not enough food and fluids on top of being stood up all afternoon and all the emotions involved. Scary as it had never happened before. But I spent yesterday in A&E when I got home and every check they did came out ok so nothing to worry about before anyone asks. Hence my lateness posting on our magnificent, historical, 10th LC triumph.

Shout out to us too. No surprise, but we dwarfed the plastics noise and colour at the other end. No doubt we’ll be Nationally hated for drowning out GSTK …:: Like we’ve ever given a flying F what anyone outside this City thinks of us. 🙄🤣 Many at the match don’t like ‘Allez, Allez, Allez.’ A too cool for school Scouse thing and it being of its time the run to Kiev. But honestly, theres NO song in our back catalogue that gets the whole end bouncing. And the rendition through ET was as loud as anythings ever been. Awesome to be a part of that. And I’ve never seen so much piro from us. Seemed to be every second person dropped something. You couldn’t see the pitch through the smoke Virgils wrongly disallowed brilliant opener.

Awesome Wembley weekend and, hopefully, the first of 4 trophies the next 3 months. Although heck knows what sort of side we’ll put out tomorrow haha.

Liverpool FC- NOBODY does finals/ memories like we do!

UTR! FTT!!!!!

would that be a good or bad thing scouse?

Defo a good thing.

Interesting as it comes from Joyce who’s just about the only beat guy left you sit up and take notice of now. He doesn’t ever run anything that's not cast iron sourced. So it makes you wonder?

Xabi being junior, just coaching whilst Edwards and his team took care of everything else is proper appealing but we’ll see.

Related, kind of, it was funny last week seeing Ornstein ‘claim’ an exclusive on the Ev’s points appeal …… a good half hour after Joyce had broke It! 🤦‍♂️

First proper chance I’ve had to write anything on Sunday’s heroics. I think I can categorically say that’s our best ever final win in context. And I passed out for the first time in my life too into the bargain! 🤦‍♂️

Just to pass the time, we were working it out going down which Wembley that was for everyone. Unless I missed anything, that was my 23rd. Which includes a zillion finals, CS, Cup semis, and the Makita tournament and Football League Centenary tournament. (Two for the kids. Go look them up anyone going ‘The Makita what now? 🤷🏼‍♂️’.). I Idon’t say that to boast. Heck, I wasn’t close to topping Wembley trips n our group. I’m always cognisant of how fortunate and privileged I am to be from the greatest City in the World and being brought up Red and not Blue. With all the opportunities thats afforded me over the years to be able to go the game. I mention that as Sunday was categorically the single best Wembley out of all those trips in my humble. And arguably our best ever final, period, in context. Istanbul, which as mythically awesome as it has become, was basically a 6 minute miracle. Albeit against one of the finest sides the game has ever seen. We got battered the rest of that game. Sunday was 120 plus minutes non-strop graft and fight, from a L’pool team down to its absolute bare bones, losing more of the few senior pro’s we had left, and culminating in a slew of inexperienced kids outperforming multi-billion pound footballers. Gods honest, I’ve ’NEVER’ been prouder of my club in a football sense than what that magnificent gang of Reds displayed Sunday.

And don’t let ANYONE ever tell you the League Cup is second rate and doesn’t matter to the players as much as it does to the support. The togetherness at the end in the euphoric celebrations was as good as its’s EVER been.

I won’t say much more as you’ve had a few days of this to take in. I’m late to the party down to the aforementioned blackout. Which happened after the game in a boozer when I just went. Not ale related. I’d had little before the game with the early KO. Turns out it was simply down to exhaustion and not enough food and fluids on top of being stood up all afternoon and all the emotions involved. Scary as it had never happened before. But I spent yesterday in A&E when I got home and every check they did came out ok so nothing to worry about before anyone asks. Hence my lateness posting on our magnificent, historical, 10th LC triumph.

Shout out to us too. No surprise, but we dwarfed the plastics noise and colour at the other end. No doubt we’ll be Nationally hated for drowning out GSTK …:: Like we’ve ever given a flying F what anyone outside this City thinks of us. 🙄🤣 Many at the match don’t like ‘Allez, Allez, Allez.’ A too cool for school Scouse thing and it being of its time the run to Kiev. But honestly, theres NO song in our back catalogue that gets the whole end bouncing. And the rendition through ET was as loud as anythings ever been. Awesome to be a part of that. And I’ve never seen so much piro from us. Seemed to be every second person dropped something. You couldn’t see the pitch through the smoke Virgils wrongly disallowed brilliant opener.

Awesome Wembley weekend and, hopefully, the first of 4 trophies the next 3 months. Although heck knows what sort of side we’ll put out tomorrow haha.

Liverpool FC- NOBODY does finals/ memories like we do!

UTR! FTT!!!!!
**** Scouse a trip to A&E you aint no spring chicken no mo. Ngl I had to google what the makita tournament was lol...

It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch. Love it. The poverty chanting and national anthem aside that could be heard from the TV, that was the worst we've played all year IMO. The injury woes are affecting the play patterns because it was abysmal all game but we got it done and that's all that matters at this end of the season.

As @dilakh2 alluded to above, the end yesterday couldn’t have happened to a more despicable shower of bleeps. Hope that proper S/bag Clough was suffering just that little bit more in the fiery place down below looking up watching that.

Yesterday’s admin-

Title Countdown:
19 wins down/ 11 to go.
63 points down/ 30 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 4 W 4 F 12 A 3 CS: 1
4 Straight Win/ 1 Straight CS.

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 2 W 2 F 5 A 1 CS: 1
2 Straight Wins/ 1 Straight CS.

Klopp farewell tour:
9 games down/ 20 to go.
P 9 W 8 L 1 F 26 A 9 CS: 3

1 trophy down/ 3 to go.

As much as I abhor those scab bleeps from Nottingham, it has to be said Forest away, like Leeds, is one of the last ‘old school’ aways left. The hatred from them towards us hasn’t dissipated at all over the years they’ve been down. We’re just a smidgeon behind Derby when it comes to Forests most detested rivals. (Side note- Always make me think when we sing about the East Midlands meffs Derby and Forest, there must be a whole generation or two out there that weren’t brought up when they were our main rivals who must wonder why we’re singing about teams we rarely play today. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Ask yer Dads.). And we’re currently their main game of the season they want to win above all others. Yesterday was no exception.

Forget the actual battle on the pitch for a second. The vitriol off it gave the game the edge it always has. The only bonus was they did refrain from tragedy chanting for once. But that didn’t stop the copious amount of poverty/ social deprivation abuse slung our way all game. Interspersed with GSTK which is just hilarious to see them get so wound up over! Like it bothers us you singing about a fella’ so far removed from you its untrue, being saved by a deity who may or may not exist, whilst the Country he ‘rules’ over falls to bits and its people suffer more and more at the hands of the cruel, callus Establishment he sits a top of. *Calms. Forest telling us ’We’re going home to a S/hole!’ was the hilarious irony of all irony’s. Lads, look around you where you come from aye? You have higher unemployment rates than L’pool, with serious food poverty and social issues, yet yers want to throw that at us all game and tell us we live in a S/hole? 🤦‍♂️ Absolutely NO sense of self-awareness at all. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

And then adding to this hate, which I’m buzzing off BTW reading the fume this AM across SM, is absolute tools like Shearer and co talking out of their rear ends over the winner and the completely inept as always Tierney. And they all are doing it straight faced with absolutely no irony at all in not mentioning the exact same situation resulted in the exact same outcome for Forest first half. 🤦‍♂️Tierney, for all his faults, is nothing if not consistent. 😎

I mean there is NO better way to win a game of togger than a last kick winner. Even more so when you’ve created nothing all game. I didn’t think we played bad at all. Just looked naturally leggy after the mammoth last week’s efforts alied to all the key players missing and inexperience finding its PL head as we go. Our end went OFF like we’d won the European Cup with Darwins brilliant winner. (Related- Just when are opposition fans gonna’ realise whats coming next if they sing the Andy Carroll nonsense? How many times this season has he rammed that back down their grids now?). Arms and legs everywhere. I was on the floor with lads from the row behind on top of me! 🤣 Absolute unadulterated, euphoric carnage. Of the very, VERY best possible kind. 😁 But to have it accompanied by the most bizarre and misplaced fume that the PL/ PGMOL are making sure we win the league is just brilliant. 🤣🤣 Let the Nationwide fume continue to roll down. We really don’t care what you think as we go about taking all your trophies and P yers off even more! 😎

Those are the type of results that win you titles. Absolutely demoralising the watching opposition in the process. City have gone from thinking momentum had swung back to them. To wanting to smash the TV up at Darwins brilliance. We know that feeling all too well as we’ve been there consistently with them the past 4 or 5 years.

This club and football miracles on the weekly man. Swear down they will be the death of me. But what a way to go!

11 more Redmen. 11 more. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited: