The Liverpool Thread

View attachment 668748

'IF'' Xabi is here managing next year, Trent's output should go back to superhuman levels as he returns to being the best right sided playmaker in World football from right full. For, unless he tweaks his style, Alonso relies on his two FB's, like most top continental sides/ Countries over the decades, to be his main attacking outlet.
Jus curious Scouse who your choice would be? Has to be Alonso for me, the best candidate out there right now. We are Liverpool so just get the best out there.

Jus curious Scouse who your choice would be? Has to be Alonso for me, the best candidate out there right now. We are Liverpool so just get the best out there.

Not really thought too much on it as we are deep in a quadruple assault with Jurgen. His successor can wait until May.

But I'd add Thomas Frank to Alonso. Either or would be sound by me.

Not really thought too much on it as we are deep in a quadruple assault with Jurgen. His successor can wait until May.

But I'd add Thomas Frank to Alonso. Either or would be sound by me.
Really?? Brentford strikes me as a side that has everything controlled from top to bottom and Frank is interchangeable. Also, they play some turgid stuff in terms of wasting time, nasty tackles/scratches, and just albeit bending the rules. It's not a Liverpool way of playing for me. if I had to go left field it would be the sporting manager Amorim who has done well competing over there.

Really?? Brentford strikes me as a side that has everything controlled from top to bottom and Frank is interchangeable. Also, they play some turgid stuff in terms of wasting time, nasty tackles/scratches, and just albeit bending the rules. It's not a Liverpool way of playing for me. if I had to go left field it would be the sporting manager Amorim who has done well competing over there.

This will come as a surprise then.

It might mean nothing, but I’d wager the analytical guys would be pushing for him. Brentford actually are the closest to us in what we do under Jurgen in most all our data metrics. They love them and him. I was reding a piece from one of the head honcho’s (Speirman? One of the ex-Nasa guys anyway) not too long back about how they collate the data and what they look for themselves. And he quoted Brentford as being the one team they really admired for being so much like ourselves. Made me think then he’d probably be high on their list if Klopp ever decided he’d had enough. 🤷🏼‍♂️

And he always strikes me as the most like Jurgen characteristically (although Ange would tick that box), who would totally identify with club and City and how we view things. Very engaging, honest bloke

I really like what he’s done at Brentford personally and how he carries himself but again, I aren’t really thinking about any manager change until its upon us.

We have too much going on in the present to hopefully send Jurgen off with a historical finale first.

We kept hold of the best back-up goalie in the league for a reason. This would be that reason.

We’ll be sound as we have been dealing with major injuries all season long.

A good ref nips the crashing and walloping that Brentford and their "dark arts" love to do. Instead he lets it carry on and thats how you get injuries albeit unlucky ones. I know you wax lyricals on Thomas Frank but idc how he conducts himself off the pitch, on the pitch they are a poor side to watch. Outside of set pieces they are very poor. Onto the good stuff and I felt like Kelleher needed a run of games and he was great. Shout out to Gravenberch too who played with a fire up his *** today, much better showing from him. My motm was Virgil tho, who is absolutely collusus.

Another massive W ticked off on what could well turn out to be the most pivotal day in the 2023/2024 PL season.

Long missive for anyone that wants to read my musings:

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
17 wins down/ 13 to go.
57 points down/ 36 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 2 W 2 F 7 A 2
2 Straight Wins

Klopp farewell tour:
5 games down/ 25 to go.
P 5 W 4 L 1 F 17 A 8

Brentford’s my favourite away in the entire league by a Country mile. Brilliant area of West London that you can’t go wrong in whichever way you approach it and set up. Brilliant set of supporters who are the friendliest you could ever wish to meet. Which is proper rare in London. No worries about home fan only boozers nonsense around there. Brilliant, atmospheric little ground which is an architectural wonder that they squeezed every last space out of to shoehorn it in between the office blocks and railway lines. A proper football club serving the main purpose of what a football club should. Being the central hub and source of pride of the local community it serves. With a bond between club, reinforced on the daily by the wonderful manager that leads them, and the supporters you can fully identify with as we have the same under Jurgen.

But Brentford are also a horrible side to play. Particularly at home. And you just know City would have looked at yesterday as one the only other side they are concerned about could drop in. Half 12 KO. Missing the Worlds best goalie and right sided playmaker at right full. With inexperienced kids playing in their place. Brentford’s three massive groks at CH. For a team who are brilliant at set-pieces. With a forward now back playing again. On a goals mission to make up for lost time. All the while knowing they had an up and down Chelsea side to follow, at home.

Yeah, City will have defo marked yesterday down as a day that could have been pivotal in this race and swung all the momentum to them as we dropped.

But this L’pool, for the umpteenth time this season, with the odds mounting against them and more key players dropping like flies, yet again said ‘No! NOT today!’ And it turned into a pivotal day City were not expecting. That will have left Guardiola up in fits fretting about us again last night.

The mentality and fortitude within this young group is as strong as I’ve known in any side thats ever represented us. They just swat knocks to one side, work out the knock-on from them between themselves on the pitch, and bring home the points.

The first half was proper hard graft. Credit to Brentford who were great the first half hour working there socks off. Then Jota leaps like a gazelle, and splits the defence wide open with a superb header to send Darwin through to finish with a stupendous chip. Darwin man ….. He is ALL of us. His celebration after his Worldie just permeates through every one. It’s Darwin Nunez’s World and we are just the lucky shower of B privileged to be taken on this ride with him!

Jota is then lost to what looks like a devastating injury to end his season. On top of Curtis, well arguably, Macca’s brilliance in transforming the #6 role aside, our best midfielder this season. Darwin is removed at the break causing major angst among his adoring public in the away end. But this group man. They just get stronger and stronger through adversity. The Dutch duo of Ryan and Cody are superb in relief as L’pool put on a second half masterclass. With their fellow Countryman at the back completely running the game. And the King is back doing what the King does. Assisting and scoring. Like he’d never been away.

We completely run the legs off Brentford that second half. Which is even more impressive with all the changes. Which is happening game after game as L’pool gets stronger and stronger the longer the game goes on. Shout out to Kelleher in nets, who excelled for the second straight game, showcasing again just how invaluable it has been to keep hold of the best back-up goalie in the entire league who’d start for the vast majority of the other teams. And Conor who again made Trent’s absence a non-issue with another superb display.

And then you get the news we couldn’t dare to hope for with City dropping points at home after we crushed their hopes earlier in the day.

Saturday, February 17, 2024. Note the date. It may just have been the most pivotal day in the 2023/24 PL season when the tide turned and the start of the final lap of the race was won.

On to Wednesday and another mammoth battle under the rocking Anfield lights with a Luton side who will fight for everything.

Oh, before I forget, another massive tick for Brentford yesterday. I discovered they have the best sausage rolls/ in ground food, of any side in the league that Ramsay and his mates would be proud of serving! 🕺🕺🕺What a club they are. What a club WE are. What a fantastic, historic season we are charging through with Jurgen’s mighty Red Army.

*Sings
We’re gonna’ win the Football League AGAIN!!!!!’

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Absolutely scandalous the disproportionate number of early KO’s we have. (More than double any other club.).

But with this group, no worries.

1708257126839.png

….. I know you wax lyricals on Thomas Frank but idc how he conducts himself off the pitch, on the pitch they are a poor side to watch. …..

I do find it interesting that the bookies still have mini-Klopp Pep, the ideal succession, as third favourite.

Rarely wrong them. Interesting.

I do find it interesting that the bookies still have mini-Klopp Pep, the ideal succession, as third favourite.

Rarely wrong them. Interesting.
You know my personal opinions on mini pep but for his own development and with the interview he came out with after Klopp he is defo on his way out too. Probably best he set up somewhere else on his own and learn the trade of being a number 1 as he has failed before. Being a good number 2 doesn't always translate to being the main man.

Defo’ changes if its actually offered to you.

I just find it interesting the bookies still have him as third favourite.

Devoed for him like as he’s been immense in picking up the slack from Mo’s absence. But if that’s correct, far better than I feared. Could have been a heck of a lot worse.

Here’s to him being back out on the park by May and the quadruple celebrations!

Last edited:
"It's cool how culture educates the next generation. How the stadium and team together changed that game is exceptional."

Imma leave that quote from Klopp after the game for the naysayers. **** me the complaining at halftime was seismic levels. When it was evident that Luton would eventually fall away as the game continued. I'd understand if the lads who have come in were having stinkers but it was just poor composure and eventually once the first went in it was an easy game.

The draws all season long in Europe have been a nightmare in what is a brilliant competition that 9 times out of 10 outshines the CL from a travelling supporter standpoint.

One P poor allocation after another which has messed with loads of regular lads credits. And now we have another nightmare in Prague where you’re looking at under a thousand and the smallest allocation yet.

Really takes the shine of what should be a brilliant draw knowing some proper good Reds are going to miss out again.